Entropy1982

Limp Gawd
My specs are in sig.

Basically my computer seems to recognize these drives in the following order:

120 GB PATA Drive as the first one

Hitachi

Raptor

Hitachi

When I installed windows on the raptor it forced the install on D for some reason.

The two hitachis were not formatted. The PATA was.

Now a bigger problem arose:

When i start my computer it says "System boot failed. Insert system disk and press enter (to restart)"

When the windows xp cd is in the drive.... i don't even boot from it "i dont press any keys when it says hit any key to boot from disk" but it goes into windows on the raptor just fine.

Anyone have any idea how i can get my system to be on C drive (how can i make the raptor "C"?)and why this "system boot failed" message appears?

Thanks for your help.... sorry if i wasn't clear ask me anythign i wasn't clear about.

Thanks

No experience with DFI but it sounds like the boot order in the bios. Should be sata first then cd-rom or floppy.

As to the windows being installed on d: I have had that problem on a machine before. Unfortunately the solution was to reinstall with no other hdd's plugged in. Never found out exactly why things ended up that way, but I know that 'fix' has become a part of my reinstall routine. Perhaps someone could shed some light on the why. an existing disk signature possibly?

I believe it's the order in which Windows detects the HD and then assigns drive letters to it. Reinstall but before choosing the partition to install it on, delete all partitions on the raptor, create a new one and make sure it has C: as the drive letter.

Back