what is stable to you.

for me prime 95 while running the videocard artifact tester from ati-tool and then just for grins I have my tv tuner on and I am watching a flick, and I am watching a dvd with powerdvd.

Now here is the key, my system can run for hours on end and not hiccup.

But here is what always lets me know my machine isnt stable or not, after 30 minutes of the above running I grab the window of the artifact test and wiggle it all over the screen, thats a system killer.

as long I can play my games without it crashing, I am totally fine with it. if my system crashes, I get pissed and start reapplying thermal paste, correcting cables, and when that is over if it still doesn't work I sell it.

normally, when i think about stability, i think about software stability. My system is stable when software never crash.

yeah that's how I determine stability. I mean with my overclock right now P95 and memtest error out, but all my games and other programs run fine so I consider it a stable system.

I consider my system stable when I can't remember the last time it crashed. I ran prime95 on both my main system and server when I built them for over a week without any errors.

But then again, I don't overclock....

I consider it stable when I stop braking keys off of my keyboard :p

Lost many keys/keyboards to crashing to desktop/restarting in games...

Back