What is the ETA on 6MB quads?

jchen012

Weaksauce
I'm specifically talking about the Q9400. It seems like a good deal for people on a budget who don't need all that cache. Last I heard, Intel said 3rd quarter of this year...

or, just wait till nehalem...

why not just get the Q9450 in the mean time, if you need it now, or even just the Q6600, if your on a budget...

I guess I will get a Q6600 since Nehalem is right around the corner...

And yes, the Q9450 is available... My local Fry's in Seattle has about 50 of them...

I guess I will get a Q6600 since Nehalem is right around the corner...

And yes, the Q9450 is available... My local Fry's in Seattle has about 50 of them...
Then they need to send some back to Intel, so my hookup can get me one!

I'm specifically talking about the Q9400. It seems like a good deal for people on a budget who don't need all that cache. Last I heard, Intel said 3rd quarter of this year...

Unless you plan on crazy overclocking, the Q9300 is available now and those aren't too shabby themselves...

I wish people would stop saying Nehalem is "right around the corner". The soonest the affordable Nehalem CPUs will be released is Q1 2009, and if the Penryns are any guide there will be an additional delay caused by lack of competition. I wouldn't be surprised if we have to wait almost a year.

I wish people would stop saying Nehalem is "right around the corner". The soonest the affordable Nehalem CPUs will be released is Q1 2009, and if the Penryns are any guide there will be an additional delay caused by lack of competition. I wouldn't be surprised if we have to wait almost a year.

Pretty much, I doubt the supply will meet the demand in the beginning.

Anyone have updates on when Q9450s might come back? I'm still waiting on my hookup....

The Q9450 is in stock at many places... check pricewatch.com.

Also thanks for the input guys, I got myself a retail Q6600/ECS mobo for $179.99 and a Q9450 for $279.99 at the Fry's sale :D Now I'm debating which one to use...

I wasn't planning on building a computer for a few more months... but $279 for a q9450 was too good to pass up... so here I go.

I have the mobo picked out, and the case, just need a PSU and video card.

Psh. Seeing all these Fry's BnM deals on these forums gets me pretty pissed off, actually.

If e-tailers can't match Fry's deals, they need to establish better contacts or figure out what the problem is. Fry itself could do a better job putting more of their deals out there on the web.

~Semi

The first post here made me get the Q9300 over the Q9450.
http://www.silentpcreview.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=47943

I only wanted to overclock to 3.0Ghz anyway and the 7.5 multiplier works out to an even DDR2-800 (1600 FSB). The selling point was the cooler temperatures. My system already runs too hot with a Q6600 causing me to add an extra fan.

I guess it all depends on your priorities. I won't miss the extra cache, and my ears will thank me. It'll be plenty fast.

Robert

you can get the 9450 at tiger for $349 retail box. also compusa, but i would avoid them. tankguys also has it. and there are a few smaller places selling the xeon 3350 (same same) for decent prices.

it will be june 2009 before you can get a sub $400 bloomfield. and then a very expensive socket 1366 mainboard, and very expensive triple channel ddr3. so you are prob looking at a yard or more for a basic set up.

Back