What is the oldest monitor you are still using?

Sync

Weaksauce
I have had the same Dell monitor for 5 years now and I was wondering what other monitors you guys are still using from years ago?

Mine is a Dell 2005FPW REVA02

Date of Manufacture was September 2005!

The monitor has been great! No dead pixels, no blemishes, etc. The only weird issues now and again were a weird snap sound like plastic cracking. Finally I noticed in the corner of the plastic enclosure is a hairline crack. Still works flawlessly so I've always ignored it.

So what about you?

Computer in the front room of my home has been a 96 Samsung CRT for the past year or so... Ever since the LCD burned up lol

For ones I bought new, I also have a 2005FPW still in active duty. A02 but November 2005. :)

Got it when I had to move across Europe and decided lugging a 21" Mitsubishi Diamondtron CRT weighing 35kg/77lb might not be the best of ideas..

For ones I bought new, I also have a 2005FPW still in active duty. A02 but November 2005. :)

Got it when I had to move across Europe and decided lugging a 21" Mitsubishi Diamondtron CRT weighing 35kg/77lb might not be the best of ideas..

Does your machine have crack(s) in the corners of the frame? Wondering if thats just me.

Same here. No hairline cracks either. If this screen had HDCP and I could use it with my PS3 and Xbox360 I betchya I would have never bought another screen :)

I use FW900 from 2001 but I got it this year. Also I gave my father my old IBM P275 that I used few years ago so U can tell that I use it occasionally. LCDs rather "come and go" quite fast :D

ps. I'd almost forgot about two Amiga monitors :cool: One is there for quite some time, be it almost 10 years and it's obviously older than this :D :D

My oldest is my HP 2310e that I bought in January of this year.

I use 3 dell 3007wfp-hc's and have a 2007fp for backup and trying to get rid of my 2x hp L2335 which may be older than the former.

May 2001 Dell UltraScan P780 (rebadged Sony Trinitron) that I took out of storage two weeks ago when my Samsung LCD died. The brightness and sharpness have taken a hit over the years and there is a blotch of glare coating that came off but it's overall bearable at 1600x1200 as an interim.

Main setup has three 2010 LCD monitors (2x24" & 1x47" for presentations)
Second setup for image editing has a 2008 26" LCD & a 2000 19" CRT (Philips 109B2) since the awesome Philips 201P of 1998 gave up.
Country house setup has a 1995 Sony15"CRT still working!!! which hooks up with laptop.

I have been using a 19" Gateway VX900 since 1998 or 1999 it still runs and looks great.

My one and only monitor is a 2405FPW and I love it! Tempted to pick up another one on Ebay actually...

I am on a 2002 19" SyncMaster 957DF right now. The SONY CRTs I had all died on their own, even at 2.5 times the price of the Samsung.

August 1996 NEC MultiSync XP21
Has some slight buzzing if it's running at 60Hz now.

I have a 17inch Viewsonic CRT from 96 or 97 that I recently moved to my mom's house. Still works flawlessly.

I have two NEC 2090UXi's. They're first generation with the A-TW polarizer. They may be old but they're great displays. Trying to find a first generation NEC 2490WUXi to pair up with my 2090UXi's so that I can have a span of A-TW polarized IPS displays.

My Dell 3007 is not far from turning 6 years old! It's showing its age in the form of cloudy blotches and big streaks in some areas when it shows solid grey. Fortunately you can't see the flaws unless it's showing solid grey. At this point I'd probably replace it with another 30" or possibly multiple 27".

I never got any good at making efficient use of the 2560x1600 resolution. I still spend ungodly amounts of time just moving windows around so that I can work. This is the main reason I'd probably go with multiple 27". Also, I don't quite have the budget to do multiple 30s at this point.

well for my family the oldest still in regular use would be a samtron 70e that dates back to the late 1990s (not sure exactly when but IIRC the machine it was bought with was running win98). We also have a 486 all-in-one with a built in CRT but It's a while (may be over a year now) since that has been booted.

We also have an old sony CRT but took it out of service because it was so slow to wake up and stabalise (presumablly some kind of fault in the power circuits)

For me personally the oldest would be an CRT that came with a celeron D machine of mine just as CRTs were on the way out. I think it's made by IBM but i'm not sure.

I have a Gateway FPD1500 15" LCD that dates back to 1999. It has DVI only. Right now I'm using it as my 3rd monitor running from the Integrated GPU in my 2500k and I use it to display additional info while I game.

Dell 2407WFP

I keep it around because its IPS and totally rocks for my games AND web browsing/work.

Love it. I would upgrade but I can't find anything better for what I use it for. If anybody has any suggestions, PM me.

im still using my old mitsubishi diamond plus 200 crt, from the year 2000. the thing is a tank but it runs at 1600 x 1200 85hz. the blacks are getting pretty bad and i have to turn out the lights to game or i cant see into the blacks. i have been waiting for new 27" ips/pls/ or 120hz tn or whatever to come out that comes close to the quality of this old beast but i dont think there is anything made yet that has a good picture without a lot of lag.:(. still looking at the new samsungs and the new asus 27" thats coming out. sucks that we have gone backwards in technology for the past ten years in monitors just so they can be flat. i dont hang my monitors on my wall or carry them around! they just sit there for years and years!. i dont care if they are 100lbs or 5lbs:D. please someone make a decent monitor to play games on. before my dinosour dies, i have been saving for 11 years and i will pay for quality.:)

I'm in the process of setting up EF with two Dell U2412Ms and the Samsung LCD in my sig (I'll replace it with another Dell if I'm sold on EF), but until I get a new desk I'm still using the 19" 1280x1024 CRT in my sign as well. I bought it when i went to college in 2000. The AG coating on it got scratched to heck on a corner while I was cleaning it one day but it works fine otherwise. I think it does 1600x1200 too but only at 60Hz, 75Hz at anything lower.

The IBM monitor that came with my first PC (a 486) still works, or it did as of a few months ago... I had another one of those 19" Samsung CRTs that died, along with a Dell and a NEC, all in the 15"-17" range. <insert some "when I was a kid we walked barefoot in the snow uphill" jokes here> Displays are probably third on the tech mortality rate at my household, behind printers and hard drives.

Sony G520 CRT and before that I had another Viewsonic CRT which could only do 100hz. Unfortunately my Sony is now making some noises when it wakes up in the morning and I fear sooner I will need to jump the ship now that I don't game any more. I was thinking H/S-IPS monitor but I'm not sure if I will learn to like the 60hz or the ridiculous price they go for. Maybe I should stick to CRT? I noticed some IPS users are still reverting back to CRT for professional designs and best colour reproduction.

Dell 2407WFP

I keep it around because its IPS and totally rocks for my games AND web browsing/work.

Love it. I would upgrade but I can't find anything better for what I use it for. If anybody has any suggestions, PM me.
It's S-PVA not IPS. One with very low gamma shift compared to other VA monitors but still VA...

Dell U2412M should be better in almost everything except maybe lacking 1:1 pixel mapping (so worse for PS3) and stronger AG.

If hard AG is an issue then maybe PLS Samsung from SA850 series?

@Kokain
I find IPS better for color "accuracy" cause CRT have flaring effect :(
For multimedia purposes ofcourse nothing beats old CRT :rolleyes:

still using samsung syncmaster 913N. the backlight got pretty bad, so I am getting hp zr30w in monday.

but still got old crt samsung syncmaster 957MB on the table... just in case.

Currently using a Dell 20" Trinitron CRT and an old 15" HP f50 LCD as my secondary display (both circa 2001-2002).

I used to have a nice 17" LCD years ago, but it got destroyed in a move and I never had money to replace it or upgrade since.

Sony F520 CRT I got in 2005 NOS and have used off and on since...

Take your pick: Samsung 244t and HP LP 2465, every day. I keep a couple of NEC 2470WNX in reserve, as well as two extra 244t's. Point being--I don't see much if any improvement since they came out.

I also have an NEC 2490WUXi. It is as perfect as many say, and it has provided a useful benchmark, but the purpose for which it was acquired has evaporated. It will probably be sold.

Hitachi CM751 19" CRT, from 2000. Perhaps the greatest 4:3 CRT ever made.

It sits in a cocktail arcade cabinet now for MAME.

Dell 2005FPW (20" S-IPS 1680x1050 LCD) on a rig... bought in Dec 2004 :D. The oldest one I own is an Envision 15" 50ms (yes, fifty millisecond) response time 1024x768 LCD that was one of the earliest affordable consumer LCD's, I got it for a few hundred bucks which was an insane deal at the time :p. It was an Envision EN-5100e. PIC: (not mine) http://www.cedarpc.com/images/-7071014828785104383_1.jpg

Back