what is this ram?

Dark Ember

[H]ard|Gawd
So, I was looking at some Kingston HyperX PC3200 that I have trying to figure out what chips it has on it. Its pretty old, so I was thinking that it might be BH-5. So, I take the heatspreader off of it, and the chips each end in "BCH-5"

Is that BH-5 or CH-5? I'm guessing CH-5 but I was hoping someone could tell me for sure either way...

what is the exact model name of that kingston hyper-x?

HyperX PC 3200 (old revision, not AK2, K2 or A) (KHX 3200) --chip--> Winbond BH-5
HyperX PC 3200K2 (2-2-2-6-1T) (KHX 3200K2) --chip--> Winbond BH-5
HyperX PC 3200AK2 (2-3-2-6-1T) (KHX 3200AK2) --chip--> Winbond CH-5
HyperX PC 3200ULK2 (2-2-2-5-1T) (KHX 3200ULK2) --chip--> Samsung TCCD

I believe it just says KHX3200, but I'll check when I get home.

Thanks for the help. :)

Eclipse you wouldn't happen to know what chips where used in kingston hyperX pc3700 would you?

I can't seem to get the heatspeader off to check. I really didn't try to hard because I was afraid of damaging the ram.

The problem I am having is that I can't seem to get the little metal springs off.

Thanks for the help.

ah, i use a small screwdriver for that. just pry it between the heatspreader and metal clip and just use leverage to pop it off. be careful to only do this on the heatspreader sides, not top, as you can damage the ram if you're not careful from the top ;)

Ok, looks like the model number is KHX3200AK2, so its CH-5. Thanks for the help. :)

Back