What is wrong with my printer!!

sin01

Limp Gawd
Hey guys, i have a HP all-in-one printer, fax, scan, print, coppy.

All this week though, this may have been after a thunder storm i am unsure, the printer displays this message " supply expired, replace color ink cartridge."
I did this at first, thinking that it was a lagit issue, but after placing a new cartridge in, the message came up again. I would ignore it if it wernt for the fact that the printer will not print anything. Every time i want to print (whether it be black or color), this message comes up. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers, ran virus scans... What else can i do!!

Any ideas about what will make this thing work again! Please help me, thank you so much!

Did you replace it with an offical HP cartridge? I believe some printer manufacturers put little chips in the cartridge, so the printer will only work with the offical ones and you can't refill the used ones..

Possibly a dumb question, but did you turn the printer off and unplug it for a while? If not yank the cord for a bit, maybe 15 minutes....

I vaugely recall there being a reset function on most printers. I think I read it on a site talking about how to use refill kits for cartridges. All the stuff over the past few years has a serial number, and the printer records it so that you can't use it again, at least not till you've used another one.

Hope this helps....

good luck
-Jeff

Expiration
HP ink supplies have a finite life span. After a certain period of time, a particular supply is no longer usable, because the ink may have lost enough water to damage the manifold or printhead. The cartridge and printhead system prevents damage by checking the date on the supply, and not printing with an expired supply. The cartridge and printhead system will provide both nearly expired and expired dialogs.

Be sure to use the HP ink product before the install-by-date on the product package.

My HP printer/scaner/faxer is a death trap. Cheapo Canon IP500 serves me well

I have one of those HP all-in-ones. Worked for a while and then wouldn't do anything like the OP of this thread. I eventually fixed it.......with a sledgehammer. Bought a Canon and couldn't be happier. :)

Back