Votes: 8 10.5%
  • 1.5 MB

Votes: 10 13.2%
  • 2 MB / 512 kbps

Votes: 8 10.5%
  • More, please specifiy

Votes: 49 64.5%

• Total voters
1 MB download / 256 kbps upload here on a Cable Modem.

Not the fastest around but in the UAE here this is considered a premium package! :)

The max we have is 2 MB :)

It was 4MB down, 512k up but Adelphia just upgraded it for free. Not sure what it is now. :confused:

NickN said:
It was 4MB down, 512k up but Adelphia just upgraded it for free. Not sure what it is now. :confused:

Hoooooooly crap!!!!! :eek:

Why don't you do an online speed test at http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/

Or alternatively, call your ISP?

PS: What is the speed you get in Kilo Bytes when you are downloading usually?

I get an average of 130 KB/s

I get about 3 MBPS down / 768 k up.

Verizon DSL. It's actually been pretty good. I've had it for almost a year now, and I've had no problems at all.

All you guys' connections makes my connection sound like a dial-up :(

i am supposed to get 5/3, but really get like 3/700kb

p.s. why is this in the os sub forum, would it not be bettersuited for the networking one?

My DSL is currently rated at 1.5Mbps download and 384kbps upload. (Actual speed is slightly lower than that due to overhead.)

lozaning said:
i am supposed to get 5/3, but really get like 3/700kb

p.s. why is this in the os sub forum, would it not be bettersuited for the networking one?
because no one would reply there :(

4Mbps down, 512kbps up.
Edit: I think they may have actually upgraded it for free, because now that I think about it, I have gotten downloads as high as 500-600kb/s, especially when updating linux, and i've been uploading steadily at 85kb/s for a couple hours right now.

Mediacom, Western WI.
Just upgraded to 5m down (i know), 512k up (i think)

Routinely get around 550-580KB/s from fast sites.

2048/256 right now, but my ISP is upgrading everyone on that service to 4000/400.
A bit skimpy on the upload, but I'm not really complaining.

(Telenor Online ADSL. Fairly good when it's up; Some occational disconnects.)

Comcast
4mbps/380ish something kbps

Score 3.8down on bandwidthplace

Supposed to bump to 6mbps this month

MaXimus666 said:
All you guys' connections makes my connection sound like a dial-up :(

I got ya better, I DO have dialup!!! But for $5 a month, I'm too cheap to go DSL, beings the only thing available where I am is $50 a month.

Comcrap.

Last Result:
Download Speed: 7660 kbps (957.5 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 360 kbps (45 KB/sec transfer rate)

3Mbps down/512Kbps up on SBC dsl. Upload is going to 768kbps by the end of the year I've heard.

26.4kbps...hopefully sbc will upgrade the boxes out here soon for dsl... :rolleyes:

Home: Wide Open West --- 6000kb/512kb

Work: DTE Energy's Long Range Secure Wireless --- 80,000kb/80,000kb <--ownage. Thats what I'm on right now. :D

Im on my neighbors connection. (they dont lock their internet) ;)

Wow! more than 70% of the members here have more than 4 MB connections! :eek:

MaXimus666 said:
Wow! more than 70% of the members here have more than 4 MB connections! :eek:

No. more than 70% of the people who replied to this poll have more than 4 MB connections.

joeframbach said:
No. more than 70% of the people who replied to this poll have more than 4 MB connections.

Road runner used to be 3mb down but they upgraded to 5mb's or for another 35.00 more on top of my 45.00 I can get 8mbs..... :)

Roadrunner

5Mbit cable, 312k up IIRC.

Averages around...700Kbs, On occasion runs at about 900kbs-1000kbs, On the rare occasion I've even been able to get as fast as 2500kbs.

wow, mine is slow compared to you guys. I only get download 1240kbps and upload 318kbps DSL.

Back