What is your current CPU Cooling Device?

E8400: Xigmatek S-1283
E5200: Xigmatek S-1283
E7200: Zalman 9500
E2200: Intel Stock
A64-3700+: Stock Opteron HSF

OoOO i must see a picture. I want one of the V10

I will later tonight, just got done with my car project so the cam is full atm.

Please dont tell me thats your main case...

Whats bad about it? Besides not fitting most full tower coolers, its one hell of a case.

If the v2 skelly gets fixed and fits full sized cpu coolers, im all over it.

Zalman CNPS 9500 LED with a Q9300. I'm looking for perhaps a TRUE or a NH-U12P when I find a good deal.

Use to use CNPS 9700 LED and kept my Q6600 (3GHz) @ 33 idle, 50 load. I had a horrible VID of 1.325 though

CM V8 on the gaming rig, a TT Big Typhoon on my 24/7 rig, and a TRU120 (non e) on a machine I am building to replace the 24/7 rig.

Just installed a Xigmatek HDT-S963 with bolt-on kit in my matx box. Pretty impressed with these coolers. For the low price they are solid hardware.

zerotherm nirvana on a e5200 @ mobo limited 3ghz

runs low 20s even high teens at idle in a antec nine hundred case

load is mid-high 20s/low 30s in a room that gets real hot

Tuniq Tower 120

014-5.jpg

CM V8, so far so good, would have preferred a TRUE-120 RT1366 but none of the local stores carry it and i was impatient and didn't want to have all the parts lying around for a week while waiting for it

CM V8 on the gaming rig, a TT Big Typhoon on my 24/7 rig, and a TRU120 (non e) on a machine I am building to replace the 24/7 rig.

According to some Reviews I have read, this is a very good cooler but, they also stating that mounting this monster was extremely hard and well, I was wondering if you guys had to endure the same issue or if it was a breeze to mount? I am a newbie at this and the last thing I want is to break my board trying to mount it.

Also, would you guys suggest this cooler to be mounted on a EVGA 780i SLI FTW board? Hopefully, you'll have a better idea than I do.

Oh and, before I forget, I have a Thermaltake Spedo Advance Case, how do I know if the cooler will fit on it?

According to some Reviews I have read, this is a very good cooler but, they also stating that mounting this monster was extremely hard and well, I was wondering if you guys had to endure the same issue or if it was a breeze to mount? I am a newbie at this and the last thing I want is to break my board trying to mount it.

Also, would you guys suggest this cooler to be mounted on a EVGA 780i SLI FTW board? Hopefully, you'll have a better idea than I do.

Oh and, before I forget, I have a Thermaltake Spedo Advance Case, how do I know if the cooler will fit on it?

I have the V8 as well on an i7 920. It wasn't hard to mount at all, but rather was the fact that it has to be mounted before the motherboard is installed(at least with the 1366) since there is a back plate that its screwed to to hold it down. Since this was a new install for me, it was the easiest Cooler install I've ever endured. Just screwed the top brackets to the cooler, sat on top of the chip and lined up the holes, then screwed in the back plate. Then dropped the mobo into the case.

And definitely measure your case from the top of the CPU. The V8 is huge. I had a Zalman 9500 before, and the V8 is much taller and more massive. Great cooler though. quiet and keeps the temps down nicely.

Using a Rosewill RCX-Z775-EX (price very well and a reasonable cooler) to cool an E6600. Waiting on my case fans (4 x 120MM Yate Loons) to see how this does in my SFF setup.

And a CoolerMaster Hyper TX2 to cool my other E6600 @ 3.4GHZ. Idles @ 24C and loads @ 41C.

I'm rocking a lapped Ultima-90 on my PHII 940 @ 3.6 1.44v

Full load temps are only 56C, and idle it's sitting at 37C right now. Works for me.

OCZ Vanquisher (Artic freezer knockoff)

Works good when I had my dual core but the temps on my quad are jacked and I'm not even overclocked, I'm at low 40's stock on 1 core.

I have the Kingwin 9225 on my kids' PC, cooling an E4500.

My PC has Xigmatek HDT-S1283, with the bolt through kit on other side of board, cooling an E8500.

The S1283 is the best cooler I have owned so far. It Cools remarkably well for an air cooler, and its quiet.

im using a CM 212 i found on sale. idles at 24c . i swear this is the hardest heatsink to mount!

Back