Votes: 37 33.6%
  • GTA: San Andreas

Votes: 29 26.4%
  • GTA: IV

Votes: 22 20.0%

• Total voters

stoney_titan

[H]ard|Gawd
I have to go with Vice City personally. I really enjoyed the era that the game took place in. And I can't go without mentioning all the great music. :cool:

I'm excluding the handhold versions and the other non big releases brandishing the name.

Vice City here. I loved that game, but it needs a squeal! :D Yes I know it was San Andreas, but I mean like a Vice City 2 squeal. :D

I bought GTA4 and it should be here tomorrow for my PC. I will see if that is better than Vice City. :)

If you've never played, how could you have a favorite? There should be an I hate them all option.

Anyway, I chose 4, since all the game had similar gameplay, cept San Andreas (but I never got a big chance to play the whole thing or attempt to play the whole thing, just a bit of the intro.) 4 though, had really good Dialogue, and that really drew me in. The other games couldn't do that very much, cuz on the other games I just found myself halfway through, going on a rampage, and quitting.

I went with San Andreas just because it's so damned big and there's so much to do. If you're looking to make progress through the game, it's BY FAR the longest and most tedious, though. Still, if you like the game and mechanics, the extra size and depth is a good thing. Sooooo many secrets and things to do in that one.

1. Vice City
2. GTA III
3. GTA SA
4. GTA IV

Haven't played the first two

Vice City numero uno because it was epic from start to finish. Superb well thought out missions, clever city layout and a killer soundtrack with music that I grew up with.

GTA IV was a massive disappointment, it feel lacking, less content, crap city layout, drab colours, uninspired story, weak soundtrack (scraping the bottom of the barrel) not to mention buggy as hell and poor performance before 1.02 patch

I found the contemporary set games less appealing.

What era should they attempt next? The 70's would be fantastic, the soundtrack would be awesome. I'm sick of hip hop, RnB and rap centric soundtracks in GTA games.

Vice City, I love the characters, music, everything!

Sucks they took out planes for GTAIV.

Vice City, I love the characters, music, everything!

Sucks they took out planes for GTAIV.

Hell yes, I missed the planes too. The mission where you have to sky dive out of the plane was genius. I also missed buying properties and gambling from SA.

The more I think about the previous games the more I realise how much GTA IV sucks.

love VC, the atmosphere the story and it was still relatively new at that time lol. still have to play IV though

Haven't played GTA4 yet, but San Andreas gets my vote. As mentioned above, the parachuting and flying a JET (not some wimpy propeller plane) and a harrier like fighter jet really made the game more fun to play. The jet pack was awesome as well.

Vice City just edges out in front of San Andreas for me. The setting was so enjoyable, and the story to me was far better than the one in San Andreas.

Vice City hands down. Everything from the sound track to the voice acting. The game was great. San Andreas was cool but after awhile everyone saying "Gangsta" became irritating to me.

GTA III because of lazlo, the rave music and taxi/paramedic/vigilante missions. And the coolest city. I remember how much a kick it was first playing that game on the PS2 way back. It was awesome.

GTA for me, since I've only played the first two, and I liked the first one more than the second, although, messing around and cheating, it was nice not catching on fire all the time when near explosions.

GTA III because of lazlo, the rave music and taxi/paramedic/vigilante missions. And the coolest city. I remember how much a kick it was first playing that game on the PS2 way back. It was awesome.

I think I may agree, can I change my mind?:p

Vicy City, for Style (theme) and the soundtrack, and for also introducing bikes. SA and IV top it with graphics and scale but a relative comparison makes me pick VC.

Vice City, Rockstar did a perfect retro-80's Miami Vice game, plus all of the music! San Andreas comes second.

Probably would be Vice City, but I broke my wrist in a car accident the day after I bought it, so I loaned it to a friend and never got it back. I bought it for the computer last year and its just so dated I can't get into playing it at all.

GTA4 I actually finished, so I'll have to pick that.

I would have liked SA more if it weren't for the whole black gangsta stuff.

I think the popularity of Vice City shows that GTA 5 should be retro themed.

Vice City for me. I really liked the setting and the music. They did the whole Miami theme very well. I have so many hours logged into that game!

Its a mix between IV and SA. I love the features of San Andreas (businesses, gang territories) but compared to Niko, CJ is 'too young'. I like CJ to be more like Dwayne.

Back