What is your most coveted PC gaming possession?

Evil Scooter

[H]F Junkie
Mine is easy, original copies of Lucasfilm Games Secret Weapons Of The Luftwaffe and Their Finest Hour The Battle Of Britian on 5.25 & 3.5 floppy. Countless hours burned playing these 2 games in the early 90's. Been playing the dosbox version of latter this morning. Ah the memories. :D

IMG_5839_zpsse6flcuv.jpg

What's yours?

Not bad, but......
SWoTL.jpg

I also have a floppy disc around here somewhere with a utility that enables rudder pedals in SWoTL.

mine would be my boxed copy of Soldier of Fortune , autographed by the entire Ravensoft Dev team sent to me by Dan Kramer (assistant lead programmer for the game ) for helping out other people on the Raven forums with tech issues when the game came out , i still have the shipping box it came in too . i'd post a pic, but my damn camera wont work .. :(

Somewhere in the house is a completely signed by the whole dev team copy of Unreal Tournament I won at Dragon Con for winning the first Annual Unreal Tournament Tourney.

My retail box copy of Homeworld. The instruction manual included w/ Homeworld was and still is one of the coolest game instruction manual's out there.

mine would be my boxed copy of Soldier of Fortune , autographed by the entire Ravensoft Dev team sent to me by Dan Kramer (assistant lead programmer for the game ) for helping out other people on the Raven forums with tech issues when the game came out , i still have the shipping box it came in too . i'd post a pic, but my damn camera wont work .. :(
I was going to post my SOF box but you totally stole the show. It breaks my heart they never made a true sequel to the SOF games. Even 15 years later, nobody has released a shooter as satisfying. :(

An original boxed budget copy of an EA game, that came with more stuff than any collectors editions now.

But my favorite item is by far the Vault-Tec Lunch Box.

My original wow collector.

I need to sell it ��

weXDlYNl.jpg

Not the most expensive games I own, but probably the rarest. New Age of Llylgamyn came out in 2001 and when I acquired it in 2009, it was so rare you couldn't even pirate the game.

PC is a bit before my time as weird as that sounds. I didnt have a gaming PC until 2004 and stuff worth having was on its way out.

My prize possessions would be my Sega Saturn Stuff. I have a few minty super rare stuff like "Dragon force" and "Shining Force III". A lot of it was on the cheap. I was one of the few kids who had a sega saturn for some reason. I remember trading my PSone for a Sega Saturn at school and honestly never looking back. I loved my saturn. I remember buying Shining Force III at babbages for like $30, sadly Panzer Dragoon saga was right next to it and I just kind of flipped a coin as I only had $30. I've never had a opportunity to get ahold of Saga at a reasonable price its just settled at $500. Ill pick it up someday.

214t7yc.jpg

2hyb2h2.jpg

Not the most expensive games I own, but probably the rarest. New Age of Llylgamyn came out in 2001 and when I acquired it in 2009, it was so rare you couldn't even pirate the game.

I desperately want those now. I have wizardry I&II complete for my nes and wizardry V? for my snes. Also have Wizardry: tales of the forsaken land for Ps2.

Last edited:
PC is a bit before my time as weird as that sounds. I didnt have a gaming PC until 2004 and stuff worth having was on its way out.

My prize possessions would be my Sega Saturn Stuff. I have a few minty super rare stuff like "Dragon force" and "Shining Force III". A lot of it was on the cheap. I was one of the few kids who had a sega saturn for some reason. I remember trading my PSone for a Sega Saturn at school and honestly never looking back. I loved my saturn. I remember buying Shining Force III at babbages for like $30, sadly Panzer Dragoon saga was right next to it and I just kind of flipped a coin as I only had $30. I've never had a opportunity to get ahold of Saga at a reasonable price its just settled at $500. Ill pick it up someday.

Yeah, you're missing Panzer Dragoon Saga and Burning Rangers.... :p

Mine would most likely be my Euro Dreamcast stuff. Shenmu 2, Headhunter, etc.

As for PC stuff, I guess my copy of Zork. I have a whole pile of old IBM 5150 games in a closet.

Yeah, you're missing Panzer Dragoon Saga and Burning Rangers.... :p

Mine would most likely be my Euro Dreamcast stuff. Shenmu 2, Headhunter, etc.

As for PC stuff, I guess my copy of Zork. I have a whole pile of old IBM 5150 games in a closet.

Hah that pictures not everything but surprisingly you are correct. Of my Saturn stuff those are the only two missing. Actually I'm also missing "shining the holy ark" but it's not high on my priorities.

i-Pm2cqSj-X2.jpg

i-ptCLqd7-XL.jpg

I really wanted this game to do a lot better than it did. Autographed copy of the game, shirt and poster signed by Bill Roper... and many, many more bigger and smaller things, not pictured here. For one, a piece of armor named after me, for another, a weekend in San Fran with Flagship Studios. Good times. Three days of drinking with game devs... ;)

An original boxed budget copy of an EA game, that came with more stuff than any collectors editions now.

To be fair, Wing Commander is an Origin game, who were known for loading extras with their games. I mean, take a look at Ultima IX Dragon Edition when compared to other companies' "Collector's Edition"...

mIITUoh.png

Probably not a lot. I have the 1st 3 Quake games still in shrink wrap and Doom 1 and Doom 2 on floppies.

I also own NHL 94 through NHL 16 on various platforms, mostly PC.

Total value: not much.

I sent Valve an email about a decade ago. Got a reply asking for my address. They sent me a fucking GI Joe, a little handwritten letter, and a signed HL2 hat from the big man himself.

I sent Valve an email about a decade ago. Got a reply asking for my address. They sent me a fucking GI Joe, a little handwritten letter, and a signed HL2 hat from the big man himself.

Wow, what was in the email?

214t7yc.jpg

2hyb2h2.jpg

I desperately want those now. I have wizardry I&II complete for my nes and wizardry V? for my snes. Also have Wizardry: tales of the forsaken land for Ps2.

I have an original unopened copy of Wizardry VII including the massive anti-copy key book. A bunch of PC Jr. games, and the Jr still works. My nephews play it when they come over.

Also, an unopened Amiga 2000 with dual SCSI hdd.

My Logitech Wingman mouse. The first mouse I used until I wore a hole in the top from my palm. Sometime you can find them on eBay for north of $150. Have the box and all.

Black label FFVII misprint edition in a glass case.

My wife's engagement ring.
I sold my Amiga 1000 system in 1988 to get
the cash for it.
Best gaming investment I ever made.

I still have my original copies of Day of The Tentacle and Sam and Max Hit The Road.

Starsiege Tribes storybook that came with the game.

And a VooDoo 3, those were fucking awesome back in the day.

I got a Geforce 7950GX2.... It'll make an awesome wall piece one of these days.

I know you said PC but I will first go with Xbox and Steel Battalion with the controller. This game was one of my three major divorce presents to myself in 2003.

51G86WRRSYL._SX466_.jpg

Other games that also rank up there for me is Tetris on the Lynx - which is a bread board not encased.

For PC I will go with a game that latter had to change its name because of copyright laws. Hero's Quest.

Not gonna dig it out to take pix, its in my PC collectors box;

soul-bg1.jpg

283_73ae679f-eb7a-4419-bb3f-2f9ca56c71ac_large.JPG

Icewind_Dale_with_Cloth_Map_-_PC_Big_Box_-_Contents_large.JPG

s-l300.jpg

My Favorite PC collectors items

Not gonna dig it out to take pix, its in my PC collectors box;

My Favorite PC collectors items

^^^ I have that same Baldours Gate box sitting on the same shelf as my SWOTL collection. My wife bought it for me as a B-day gift years back when it released... don't hate me.. I never even installed it. :p

I know you said PC but I will first go with Xbox and Steel Battalion with the controller. This game was one of my three major divorce presents to myself in 2003.

51G86WRRSYL._SX466_.jpg

Other games that also rank up there for me is Tetris on the Lynx - which is a bread board not encased.

For PC I will go with a game that latter had to change its name because of copyright laws. Hero's Quest.

That, is a thing of beauty sir.

slow_clap_citizen_kane.gif

51G86WRRSYL._SX466_.jpg

Beauty. Never got a chance to play it. Wasn't it kike $200 or so?

Beauty. Never got a chance to play it. Wasn't it kike $200 or so?

Yeah, it was pretty awesome. The controller was set up to be functional as well as immersive. For example, there was a row of switches you had to flip to start your "VT" (vertical tank.) The switches served no other purpose then to feel like a bad ass at the start of every mission, lol. There was even a flip up ejection button.

No joke, just last week I was at my parents house and my mom told me.. "Oh hey, I found some of your old games when cleaning this week. I put them by the door, take them on your way out."

What were they? Original copies, CD jewel cases, manuals.. everything of...

System Shock 2 and
Day of the Tentacle

DL45ux3.gif

Yeah, it was pretty awesome. The controller was set up to be functional as well as immersive. For example, there was a row of switches you had to flip to start your "VT" (vertical tank.) The switches served no other purpose then to feel like a bad ass at the start of every mission, lol. There was even a flip up ejection button.

Yea it was just like when the controller for Sega Saturn Virtual On came out as well (which I also have).

The controller for Steel Battalion was just massive. It took some getting used to and yes the eject button had a cover for it so you could just just punch the eject without flipping the cover up first.

s-l300.jpg

I wanted the Virtual On: Oratorio Tangram sticks sooooo bad.....

Playing with the DC controller was blasphemy but, I loved it anyways.

Giant robot games are the shiz.

Back