What is your opinion on these kits?

sumasage

n00b
My budget for water cooling is about $150. I'm thinking of getting the Thermaltake BigWater 745 but the price is pretty high right now. While i was looking around for alternative kits i came up with these two.

XSPC - X20 ($?? cant find a store taht sell this kit) http://www.moddin.net/review.asp?ReviewID=195&PageNo=3
Scythe Water Cube ($74) http://www.extensivemods.com/modules...howpage&pid=36

I am new to water cooling so i want to buy a kit. I plan overclock a bit but no to the max so i dont need a $300+ kit. Just want to know if these two kits will provide decent cooling. The reviews gave these two kits pretty decent rating but i want to hear from the people here. If you have any other suggestion on kit/custome kit please tell me. I would love to hear it. Thanks in advance.

Make your own kit and you will love the results. Once you start down the road of water coling you will wan't more, so to make upgrading possable DIY is the way to go.

Start asking your self what your goals are for cooling. Just the cpu? Maybe the gpu later cause you like the fact your cpu overclock is stable and load temps are low, would you like the same for the gpu? Tubing size will be a choice, 3/8" work well for me and makes routing much cleaner. Most folks will say big bore (1/2") is the only way to go, but take your time and do the reading on the subject and you will find that the difference is not that much.That's for you to deside. I started colling my RIG with a "Kit" and liked the ease of assembly and the results of my overclock, but as soon as I wanted to add some cooling to my gpu I found that to add a gpu cooler I needed to upgrade the rad to handle the added heat of the v-card, to add the rad I now needed a better pump to handle the bigger rad and so on...
Start with reading all you can stand about the subject and then read some more... :) I'f you need help with where to find good info pm me and I'll send you some links.

Back