What is your take on wireless rears?

Retne

Limp Gawd
Well I have a PC w/ some pretty damn old creative 5.1 speakers that are on the fritz. I'm looking to keep the 5.1 style but would like to have wireless rears. My main reason for wanting wireless rear speakers is because the rear speaker lines that came with this creative 5.1 setup were just as long as the ones in the front(which was barely lang enough to sit them on the top of my computer chair with me sitting in it). It just drove me crazy attempting to get the rear speakers anywhere near the rear of me.

Are they (A) worth the price, and (B) still have good sound quality? Well what do you guys think?

Do the wires come with any type of proprietary connector on them? If not, I would say just go pick up new speaker wire. I do not have any experience with wireless speakers but from what I have experienced (wireless headphones) wireless and audio do not mix well.

I got a pair of wireless speakers about a year ago for the same purpose as you, to put them behind me. They were about $120 (don't remember the brand), and all I can say is that they sound like a bowl of Rice Krispies *snap* *crackle* *pop*. I absolutely hate them, and haven't used them in months. The only good thing is that the unit came with wireless headphones too, and for whatever reason the sound on them is OK. So I use them while doing chores around the house. There might be a good set of wireless speakers from one of the top-line manufacturers, but for me, next time I'll just get some really good long wires and tuck them behind things.

Back