What kind of cables should I get for a T-Amp setup?

leetpyro

Limp Gawd
Hey guys,

I've just received my T-Amp on Friday, and I'm waiting for my speakers and sub to get here (Energy C-100 and Polk PSW303).

I opened up the T-Amp package, and noticed that it came with 1 cable with 3.5mm connector on one side, and RCA on the other. Then, it also comes with an RCA to 3.5mm jack converter. So the way it's setup is the T-Amp has a 3.5 mm jack. The adapter goes into there, the RCA part of the cable into the adapter, and the other 3.5mm end of the cable into the computer.

My question is, is it worth replacing the cables for this setup? I am only using on-board sound right now.

I don't know if the speakers/sub will come with speaker cables (probably not), so so I just get any regular speakers cables, like these ones? Oh, and don't worry about the price on the Bestbuy site, chances are if it's around $30 like that one, I can probably get it for less than $5. If I should be replacing RCA cables too, and you have a suggestion, it might be best if you found one on the Bestbuy Canada site, since it's easier for me and I can get employee discounts. Thanks.

Off topic: I was just wondering: I noticed the T-Amp has a headphone jack on the side. Does this mean I can use the T-Amp as a headphone amp, or is it just a normal output?

Back