What kind of chair do you use for your gaming pc?

I use an Aeron on my Garage PC and some off brand high backed seat for my other PC which I hardly use now.
This is the chair I don't use much since I don't have to sit at that PC, I use it as a file server and just remote into it from the garage,
desk%20black.jpg

I stand when I game. I started doing these a couple months ago, and it's the best decision I ever made.

Some old Officemax faux leather chair. I have intentions of replacing it with something proper one day, but it's not on the priority list right now.

I play mostly shooters and RPG's, but occasionally I do some racing and flight simming. Currently I'm playing Elite Dangerous, hence the setup. In any respect, after wearing out 3 chairs over the last 7 years, I spent the money and bought a Herman Miller Embody.

2uAIHs.jpg

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Nice! One of the guys in my guild / club / fellowship (whatever you want to call it) is in a similar chair. Keep telling him he needs some mags and ground lighting package for that thing. ;)
Tell him to buy a pair of X-Core 3 spoke wheels. I love mine. Carbon fiber construction, so NO broken spokes or pain-in-the-ass maintenance/adjustments. Just make sure he doesn't get those god-awful pink tires.

http://www.cewheelsinc.com/xcore-3-spokes-wheels.html

I've owned an Aeron, Embody, and DX Racer, and the DX Racer is my favorite by far, and also the least expensive.

That's not to say the Herman Millers were bad. They're great task chairs, but that doesn't always translate well to gaming. Sometimes I want to recline back or sit at some awkward angle and you can't really do that in those. As such I wouldn't shell out $500-1000 on a Herman Miller unless you've sat in one for an extended period and know you will like it.

I play mostly shooters and RPG's, but occasionally I do some racing and flight simming. Currently I'm playing Elite Dangerous, hence the setup. In any respect, after wearing out 3 chairs over the last 7 years, I spent the money and bought a Herman Miller Embody.

2uAIHs.jpg

What desk is that?

Just got one of these...like it a lot so far. Built like a tank and has Lumbar support which I've found is really important when you sit for long periods.

HON VL705

41MZ7%2BQ0cTL.jpg

Do you guys seriously pay ~1k for these chairs? I'd love to get a Steelcase Leap or something, but I can't really see paying $900 for a chair.

I guess you can write it off as a business expense if you work from home?

I thought the same thing until I realized I was buying a chair every two years. I've had the Leap for going on 5 years now. Totally worth every penny. Humansolution.com is a great place to buy - there is a 30 day return on steelcase and they pay return shipping. win-win.

Do you guys seriously pay ~1k for these chairs? I'd love to get a Steelcase Leap or something, but I can't really see paying $900 for a chair.

I guess you can write it off as a business expense if you work from home?

I thought the same thing until I realized I was buying a chair every two years. I've had the Leap for going on 5 years now. Totally worth every penny. Humansolution.com is a great place to buy - there is a 30 day return on steelcase and they pay return shipping. win-win.

Exercise Ball

Great for sitting on, 20 to 30 bucks, holds air well.

Has done wonders for my lower back pain, and comfortable for long term sessions.

Da Rig

Recliner from The Brick. It's awesome. G13 fits on one arm, side table for the mouse slides over the other. Win.

Exercise Ball

Great for sitting on, 20 to 30 bucks, holds air well.

Has done wonders for my lower back pain, and comfortable for long term sessions.

One of my co-workers was telling me about how his wife's place of work has gone to medicine balls for chairs.

I'm hoping my "Malkom" from Ikea holds up, its the most comfortable chair I've ever sat in and I spend most of my time sitting on my ass at a desk.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/40196806/
malkolm-swivel-chair-black__0380442_PE555834_S4.JPG

Buy once, cry once.

I quit buying cheap chairs every year or two and finally splurged on an Aeron chair. Haven't looked back.

For you guys that can't justify the $800+ price of a good chair, buy one used off craigslist. In my area, Aerons typically go for $350-$400 used on CL.

Buy once, cry once.

I quit buying cheap chairs every year or two and finally splurged on an Aeron chair. Haven't looked back.

For you guys that can't justify the $800+ price of a good chair, buy one used off craigslist. In my area, Aerons typically go for $350-$400 used on CL.

I agree, I hear a lot of people have disdain for more expensive chairs that they believe are just gimmicks, but it all depends on circumstance. I bought a chair for $1200 about 4 years ago, it still looks and feels the same as the day I got it, and it is head and shoulders better for me than any chair I have ever had before. I went from having a sore back and neck after just an hour or 2, to being able to sit in that chair all day and night with hardly a flinch. But I also don't recommend it to everyone, I had neck surgery and have back problems, so for me it was a good decision. It also came with a long trial period (3 months, full return), a bunch of tips and strategies for increasing my health and ergonomics, and a lifetime warranty.

I've used a Craigslist $85 purchase from ten years ago with no complaints. Probably was $250 new back then.

Back