What laptop should i get

Why dont u just get the 6800 in there, that would play those games really well. Even with that, u should be able to get a decent system for well under ur limit.

Shaner686868 said:
Hey i can spend up to about $2200 on a dell inspirion notebook

If you can wait, the Intel Core Duo notebooks (next-gen Pentium M) are just starting to be sold. Anandtech compared the Core Duo CPU to the Athlon X2 3800+ and says that you'll get desktop performance from a mobile CPU. Dell's sole Core Duo laptop is the new Inspiron 9400 and has a $2000 base price. Only one graphics card option - GeForce Go 7800.

http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=2648

http://www1.us.dell.com/content/products/features.aspx/inspn_9400?c=us&cs=04&l=en&s=bsd

about just getting the 6800 in the 9300, you cant surprisingly. Or atleast i cant find the option anywhere. The best i could do was the x300 128mb.

And about waiting for the duo core i can definetely do that causse i stilll have to selll my computer for that.

Let the sugestions keep coming

Umm, i dont see why tehres a problem with gettin a 9300 with the go6800, they all have that option, look around at all the pre-configured ones on dells website and then go configure it urself.

Sometimes, dell makes certain configurations for certain budgets, and of course the lower budget ones will not have the 6800 option available. But if u choose a higer one, u will see the 6800 option.

Well then how about some tips for those of us who can’t? For about a week now I haven’t been able to configure a 9300 on the dell home site with a 6800 or the WUXGA screen

hennessy1 said:
Umm, i dont see why tehres a problem with gettin a 9300 with the go6800, they all have that option, look around at all the pre-configured ones on dells website and then go configure it urself.

Sometimes, dell makes certain configurations for certain budgets, and of course the lower budget ones will not have the 6800 option available. But if u choose a higer one, u will see the 6800 option.

Back