What on earth is a $330 Oyaide Continental 5S 1.8m USB Digital Transmission Cable?

Happy Hopping

Supreme [H]ardness
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Oyaide-...ital-Transmission-Cable-From-JP-/181198111558

Why would a USB cable costs that much?

this is the spec:

Manufacturer's part number: Continental5S/1.8
Length: 1.8m
Type: USB

Terminals: silver + rhodium plated copper alloy RoHS Compliant
Standard : 480Mbps HI-SPEED USB2.0
Signal line :0.5mm 5N pure silver x twisted pair FEP insulation
Power line :AWG22 PCOCC-A x twisted pair FEP insulation
Copper fail sheilding (for each of signal and power lines)
100% silk fillament in filling layer
Material of contacts :RoHS compliant copper alloy
Plating on contacts :Silver + Rhodium
Cover: Brass, Chrome plating

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
USB is a digital link of zeros and ones, there are no twos that can sneak into the connection and fuck it up. Any USB cable build to meet standard specs will function the same. The product being sold in this case is just snake oil.

The silk and silver? :confused:

It's not even USB 3.0 :rolleyes:.

exactly, it's only USB 2.0, and I thought digital IS digital, so what's the difference in signal of a regular cable vs. a $330 cable?

And say there is some sort of difference in paper, can a human tell in anyway?

meh, stay away from these cheap cables

Monster or nothing

~ "Z"

They are silver. That means that they have been activated for lean. Surely you will get the data.

Last edited:
if there is a pair of human ear that can tell the difference btwn. this fancy cable vs. a USB 2.0 digital cable, that some1 must be Lindsay wagner in Bionic Woman

Heh, it's only $210 on amazon. There's some glorious translation poetry there:

"To conduct continuous casting by under high frequency electric furnace of advanced production management, cold rolling as many as 19 steps, annealing operation to over twice, drawing process by diamond dice, and skin pass processing, it also considered the crystal structure not only purity It is a high-grade silver wire that is."

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
USB is a digital link of zeros and ones, there are no twos that can sneak into the connection and fuck it up. Any USB cable build to meet standard specs will function the same. The product being sold in this case is just snake oil.

Exactly what I was going to say.

If this was an analog cable, there might be something about it to justify the cost.

Wow! I can buy a 2-metre pair of speaker cables for the same price as my car! They must be the best! At least there is no interest on that 36-month payment plan :rolleyes:.

!!!2 metres!!!

actually, they are probably try to sell enough of that, so THEY can buy a Ferrari

Back