What phone do you have?

Treo 800W

Love it so far!

I use it mainly for work (e-mail, calander wireless sync)

I have the Isuck first gen. which i will happily dump and step on after i get my new blackberry bold.

I've got a Razr V3 that's begining to show it's 2+ years of solid use. Fortunately I just scored two brand new Sony-Ericson flip phones (I forget the model) from work, for free! I love the fact that I now have spare beater phones!

Hiptop Slide ;)

hiptop.gif

Using a BlackJack II atm, just updated to Windows Mobile 6.1 the other day.

I had both the orginal iphone and the 3g iphone... I really like the phone but dropped calls/reception on them isn't good at all... I finally gave up for now and put em up on ebay. The blackjack gets fantastic reception.

Shame. New update (2.1) just fixed all of that.

I have an iPhone 3G 8GB my self. I have a RAZR V3C and a V182 (Much Music Edition) before that.

Started out with a Samsung X-427 (free with the Cingular contract and at the time all I wanted was to make calls)

Then a Motorola MPx220 - used it till I wore out the hinge and buttons
Then a Cingular 2125 (HTC Faraday) - broke the screen working on a dirtbike
Then a T-Mobile SDA (HTC Tornado) - basically a 2125 with wifi. It even ended up in the 2125's housing.
Then a Cingular 3125 (HTC StrTrk) - sold to a friend
Then a Cingular 8125 (HTC Wizard)- still kicking, I keep it as a backup
Now using a Cingular 8525 (HTC TyTN).

I like HTC phones?

Motorolla w490, it' doesn't have that many gadgets or do hickeys but it has great battery life.

HTC Wizard (Tmobile MDA)

I like the email and light versions of word, excel, etc. Used it for music before I picked up my ipod-Touch.

I am looking at the HTC Touch pro as my next phone. Smaller, nicer, etc.

Currently, samsung d807. It was free (not free on contract, free. ) and it sucks :)

SOOON to be (Within 2 weeks. ) and n95 or an n81 (If I can't score the n95 for the 200 I was hoping for ;) )

Samsung Upstage. When my contract expires (1 more year :( ), I think I'm going with a Touch Pro.

HTC Mogul. Really nice touch phone with slider qwerty keyboard. Too bad it uses a different processor than most smartphones so I can't overclock...:(

It also doesn't have a 3.5mm jack... kind of a bummer, but there is an adapter for the USB port.

I have a 4GB micro SD card so I've got all my music....

Phone does everything. Games, Windows media player, internet, MSN, etc.

Another Sony Ericsson W580i here... No real need for a smartphone, in fact I kinda want to avoid it, heh. Pretty happy with it though, nice music player and the 4GB M2 card wasn't much more expensive than a microSD equivalent. Nice screen, decent camera, serviceable browser even though it isn't 3G, okay IM client out of the box, easy to customize, and most important of all, pretty decent battery life (2-3 days usually even when listening to a few hours of music or using the web).

It seems like you can't find a phone that'll last more than a day on one charge these days even if your life depends on it... Smartphone or otherwise. Coming from a Nokia 6102 that often lasted a whole week if I wasn't making a lot of calls, half decent battery life was kind of important. Even Nokia's apparent replacement for the 6102 (the 6555) has horrid battery life. I'm not sure why battery life is actually deteriorating even amongst cheap phones...

It's certainly not 3G by itself as even the non-3G phones I looked at all lasted less than my 6102, and it can't be the higher res screens alone... I doubt they're that much more advanced internally that it's taxing the batteries 400% more, must be shoddy designs across the board, poor choice of components, or something. /shrug

Personal:

Razr2 (VZW) with hacked FW:

motorola-razr2-v8-combo.jpg

Work:

Motorola i570 (Nextel DC + Cell service):

i570.gif

BlackBerry Pearl 8130 on Sprint

blackberry_8130_pearl_2.jpg

Just a little old LG Scoop.

I'm a big texter so the sliding keyboard was something I desperately wanted. Otherwise I would have probably gotten another Razr or something.

If I posted my phone history, I'd be here until tomorrow... But I'll show the phones I do use on a daily basis.

Personal: HP iPAQ 910 and the 510.
Work: BlackBerry 8320 (T-Mobile)

I like the new iPAQs. What drew me to the 510 late last year is it was advertised as a "phone first" smartphone. It has an insane battery life so I barely ever need to charge it, it uses a standard USB charger so I can easily charge it when I need to, it takes advantage of Exchange Activesync which I use with my home e-mail server, searching for contacts in Windows Mobile 6 is unbeatable; I can find ANYONE in 2-3 keystrokes. I am floored with how easy it is. It also has built-in Wi-Fi, the ability to use VoIP, and it's small and light.

The 910 is a bit beefier, but has many of the same features except it's 3G, has GPS, and a touchscreen. Also, it's WinMo 6.1 Pro, so it's much more feature-packed. It's not as good as the 510 for phone usage, but is definitely more versatile. Unfortunately, the battery life kinda sucks.

The BlackBerry 8320 was issued to me from work; it's nice because it has GPS and pretty much every IM client I ever need, it's light, the battery lasts a while, and of course, messaging is quite awesome on a blackberry.

my current phone is the Motorola KRZR K1m on Verizon. works well, all I do is make calls anyway, and the occasional text message.

I want my next phone to have a proper internet browser in it.

Hmm, my phone history before the W580i is composed of like half a dozen Nokia's, heh... From the original candybar one that had that cool snake game, up thru several smaller models... Like three of 'em, all with monochrome screens 'till the 6102. I'm disappointed their 6555 has such poor battery life, every Nokia I had before that was great.

What's the battery like on a Blackberry 8320 or Pearl?

They get decent battery life; I can easily go 3 days without a charge with moderate to heavy usage, unless I start using my Wi-Fi... That's a real battery-drainer.

Nice, that's not too bad, sounds markedly batter than the 3G iPhone's battery... 'Course there's a dozen reasons for that, but still. I can't imagine barely getting a full day out of my phone's battery, how irritating would that be, it could be the best phone on the planet and if you can't leave for work and come home at 11PM on a single charge what's the point...

I have a Samsung Blackjack 2 with AT&T, the battery life seems to be pretty poor on it, but other than that it's pretty nice. Windows Mobile works like a charm and syncs well with the computer.

Sony Ericsson w580i. Pretty bad ass little slider. Mine is black and orange. Got it a couple of weeks ago. It's a huge step up from my old Motorola flip phone which its only feature was a color screen, lol. I love my new phone because:

-crystal clear and vibrant color screen
-1GB SD card
-MP3 player
-2.0MP camera
-Bluetooth
-FM radio that receives quite well

In the end, I can talk, text, listen to music and take pics. That's all I need in a phone.

Now that we have this forum section, I would love to see a "Post your cell phone number!" thread.

It would be on topic but I bet it would last like 5 minutes.

I have a shitty old Sprint Sanyo VI-2300.

sanyo_vi2300.jpg

That was 4 days ago. Now I have a new phone!

My family switched from Sprint to Verizon and now we have Samsung u410s.

Now I have a camera phone with Bluetooth and other cool features.

Verizon SHU-u410
SCH-U410.jpg

iPhone 1st gen 8gb. I got in on the refurbished special from AT&T. I like it however I hate iTunes. I despise it actually and wish it to the depths of hell. I am hoping the boys at Mozilla figure out a way for Songbird to interface with it (not-likely but still hoping). Visual voicemail is freaking awesome. I just hate iTunes! The tossers at Apple have created the single, worst piece of shit software I have ever seen.

I previously had an HTC 2125 and it was my first foray into smartphones. I'll never go back to a plain phone again either as I love the functionality they provide.

Sony Ericsson w580i. Pretty bad ass little slider. Mine is black and orange. Got it a couple of weeks ago. It's a huge step up from my old Motorola flip phone which its only feature was a color screen, lol. I love my new phone because:

-crystal clear and vibrant color screen
-1GB SD card
-MP3 player
-2.0MP camera
-Bluetooth
-FM radio that receives quite well

In the end, I can talk, text, listen to music and take pics. That's all I need in a phone.

+1 Sony Ericsson W580i FTW

N95-3 amazing phone does everything, even has stereo speakers would be perfect but doesn't have a qwerty but you can use a bluetooth keyboard, and a little fragile, I'm tough on phones broke it once already. Plus I've loved Symbian ever since the Ngage, had avi, mp3 and game player on my phone in 2004

Blackberry curve 8310, really good I love the little leather case that locks the keys, feels tough, used as my work phone as I've already had to send my n95 back once, after 2 months.

Ya know, I was expecting more pictures. Am I alone on this? Oh, and a lot more people have nice phones than I thought.

Ya know, I was expecting more pictures. Am I alone on this? Oh, and a lot more people have nice phones than I thought.
I'd like more pics, too... especially of those Blackberry Bolds that a few people claim to have in their hands. ;)

Still sporting the black Q. :(
Motorola%20Q.jpg

Still going strong but I want a new one. I just haven't found the "one" yet. Wish I could get an iPhone but AT&T's network absolutely blows around here. Hopefully Verizon will come out with a similar smart phone soon.

Back