What PSU do you guys use?

virtualrain

Limp Gawd
What PSU are you using? Why did you choose it (noise, power, reliability, bling, etc.)?

Ultra X2. It was basically the first modular PSU, and that really attracted me. 500w for like, 49.99 after a rebate helped alot ;).

I'm not using SLI (Waste of money IMO) so I have no need for anything more.

using a Superflower 550w. Its modular as well, has 140mm fan so i cant really hear it and heard its reliable (TTGI makes it or something).

OCZ Powerstream 520W SLI

Quiet
Blingtastic
Voltage fluctuation of no more than 0.1V

Not that I need SLI, but the SLI version was cheaper than the non-SLI version(?).

I'd suggest looking through the PSU section. They have a good guide on buying PSU's, and there are some very knolwedgable people who check it regularly.

Using: PC Power Cooling Silencer 470 ATX
Noise: pretty much silent
Power: 470 W I think 2 separate 12v rails
Reliability: It just lost a molex connector or something is wrong need to double check
Bling: it's black..

Using: Norwood micro cheapo compusa 250 W
Power: 250W
Reliablity: still working
bling: it was cheap :D

using the norwood as a supplemental when something dies. the pc power cooling I think may have something wrong, need to check. Plus neither psu's are sleeved. that sux

the liberties are nice, I almost bought one a while back but opted instead for the pcpc sf470atx

Antec true power 550 in my main rig(which is waiting on a rma from intel on the board/replacement board nib from ebay depending on which ones gets here first). Got it because it has a single 120 fan. I have a smartpower 500 that I had picked up as a spare with the modular cables(didn't notice it untill I got it home). My backup rig which I'm running now has a 380 antec smartpower or something in it. Came with the case. My main rig had a emermax 430 in it before the antec. I replaced it because I wanted a 24 pin power supply for my pentium d board.

OCZ PowerStream 520w SLI-ready
- Looks very nice.
- Good quality as far as I know. (a few friends have it as well, never had any issues)
- Nice EMI shielded cables althought a little bulky.
- Plenty of connectors.
- Blue LED fan matches my computer fans/cathodes

I'm still trying to figure out what to put in my next rig though.. I was thinking an OCZ GameXtream 700w. It has 18a on all (4) 12v rails, 36a on the 3.3, and 30a on the 5v. It powers some pretty demanding rigs from the people I've seen using it. Plenty of connectors and sleeved wires are nice, plus its pretty quiet.

If I don't go with that OCZ, I'll probably go with PCP&C, Seasonic, or Enermax. I'm trying to stay under $160 though on the power supply.

Another vote for Seasonic S12, they are far and away the benchmark for silence in a PSU (perhaps aside from the Phantom).

The new M12 has me Veeeeery intrigued however. Take an S12 add modular cabling and it sounds like a winner to me!

hiper type r, it had just come out and i wanted something different. specs looked decent for what i was doing, and i liked the way the modular cables were.

PSU: Enermax Liberty 620Watt

Reasons (in no particular order):
Looks very nice... Shiny black goodness.
620Watt
Enermax
Modular
Comes with a cool case for storing unused modular cables.
MMMM... Shiny black goodness...

silverstone ST60F

the Noise level wasnt noticable till i h20'ed my 2 x 7900gt

but other than that..it performs exactly as i hoped it would

arentol said:
PSU: Enermax Liberty 620Watt

Reasons (in no particular order):
Looks very nice... Shiny black goodness.
620Watt
Enermax
Modular
Comes with a cool case for storing unused modular cables.
MMMM... Shiny black goodness...

My reasons exactly :)

Enermax Whisper 535W SLi. Powers three pumps, a dual Opty, the friggin-hot-and-loud XTX and seven 120mm fans just fine.

Erasmus354 said:
Another vote for Seasonic S12, they are far and away the benchmark for silence in a PSU (perhaps aside from the Phantom).

The new M12 has me Veeeeery intrigued however. Take an S12 add modular cabling and it sounds like a winner to me!
Yep, I really like my S12 and I'm also very interested in the M12. Must see their cable strategy, tho.

OCZ Powerstream 520 Non-SLi version with the green fan.

Nicest power supply I have ever used.

Antec TPII 550W

Looking to pick something up at QuakeCon because my +12V is out of spec.

JC634 said:
Yep, I really like my S12 and I'm also very interested in the M12. Must see their cable strategy, tho.

Same here for quiet and reliability. However, this is the first I've heard of the M12...is it a new seasonic PS?

SILVERSTONE ZEUS SST-ST65ZF 650W

Reasons: Reliability, Plenty of power

This supply is the definition of quality and performance, I would recommend this to anybody

OCZ Powerstream 520W SLI

best PSU for the price P&C is best period but really expensive

check out DFI-street.com and find their PSU recomendations

OCZ Powerstream 520W SLI is the top

JC634 said:
Not released yet. Info:

Jim

Thanks Jim!;)

Edit: After checking it out, it looks promising. However, the extra small fan concerns me a bit on possible noise levels even though it only kicks in when needed.

Adidas4275 said:
OCZ Powerstream 520W SLI

best PSU for the price P&C is best period but really expensive

check out DFI-street.com and find their PSU recomendations

OCZ Powerstream 520W SLI is the top

w00t! Powerstream SLI buddies. :D

3 x Seasonic S12-600w. Use them in all my systems, and I have gotten several friends to start using them. I have never found another PSU that has performed better, besides a PC Power & Cooling

Back