what rad/cpu water block

mark660

Limp Gawd
couple of days ago i was at a job and a guy had all this computer stuff lieing around that he just wanted to get rid of in all this stuff was a zalman resorator 1 plus!!!! but i need a water block and i dont think the resorator alone will cool my cpu as good as my curent air cooling so im gana run a 240mm rad aswell what rad do u guys recomend and im also looking for a good lga 775 waterblock.
thanks.

You'll be using the integrated pump? Then you'll need a low restriction/flow block like an Apogee or maybe Fuzion.

For rad, I'd go with a swiftech. They are a good value over others.

Since the Reserator is aluminum, make sure you get some very good anti-corrosion fluid.

yer im gana use the resorator tower for pump/res insted of buyin pumps and that save me a bit and im thinkin it will improve temps anyway coz the resorator noramly runs without rad

You'll be using the integrated pump? Then you'll need a low restriction/flow block like an Apogee or maybe Fuzion.

For rad, I'd go with a swiftech. They are a good value over others.

Since the Reserator is aluminum, make sure you get some very good anti-corrosion fluid.

I agree with most of that. I'd go with a Dtek Fuzion waterblock.

I think you might want to go with a single pass radiator (like the Black Ice Pro Xflow) to minimize restriction... Or a Thermochill, but those are super expensive :eek:.

As for the reserator being aluminum... I'd agree that a corrosion additive should be put in place, but I would EXPECT very little corrosion, even without it. Since the reserator's not in an electrical circuit with "case ground" it should be isolated enough to prevent much corrosion. Since the Reserator plugs in with no ground pin... There should be no true path to it... But I could be wrong.

Back