What rad, What gpu block?

carholmes

n00b
Soon I will be putting together a water cooling system. I have all my parts picked out, except for a gpu wb and a rad. I don't know if I should get a Maze 4, Maze 5, or a MCW60. I'm also stuck between the swiftech MCR-220 and the GT Stealth 240 rad. My loop will consist of a DDC Ultra w/Petras top, a T-line, and a DD TDX cooling a A64 s939 3700 thats currently OCed to 3.015 Ghz. I also plan to add two sunon fans that are rated at 108cfm/42 dBA. And once this is all installed I plan on voltmodding my 7900gt to get better Ocs. I asked the same question at two other forums and all the people that replied to my thread seemed to be Swiftech fan boys, they just said "get this, it's better" without any explenation or proof.

Any help, comments or links to sites that have the answers for my questions would be greatly appreciated.

Normally, I would suggest the MCR220 but with those fans, the BIGTS may do better due to the fin density. I may be wrong though. If you're dead set on those fans, you might want to consider a BIX.

A BIX with those fans would be amazing, but 2 fans alone would equal almost 46dba... Defeats the pt of WC IMO.

I recommend a BIP, or swiftech MCR radiator with 2 1200RPM (3.50$) Yate Loons on each side, running at 7v... They're enough to cool the system in my sig (the 8800GTS too).

As for a GPU the MCW60 is my top choice, along with the Maze 5.

I;m not dead set on those fans, I'm dead set on trying to figure out a very good rad and fan set that would achieve the lowest temps I can get with my budget (thermochill out of the question too expensive). I just figured more airflow through the rad the better the temps.

Back