What settings do you run Crysis at?

Proxy

Pumpkin Ghost
In my sig rig I and run Crysis at 1280x1024 with medium settings no AA/AF.

Also worth noting is I have friend that can run it at Very High Same rez. with an HD 2900 XT 512 and a Pentium 4 D.

So what is everyone else getting?

I average 15 fps on (all) very high at 1920x1200, 20-25 fps at 1680x1050 and 25-30 at 1600x1200. Below 1600x1200 I'm in the 30-minimum range, although I find the game playable (if not as fluid as I would like) when the framerate doesn't dip below 25. No AA is used above 1600x1200 (I prefer very high settings above AA.)

I'm personally waiting until the first patch comes out before I dive into the game. I'm personally optimistic that a patch and a few driver revisions will put me within reach of a playable 1680x1050, if not 1920x1200 on all very high.

Mark.

Haven't benched it yet. Been too busy playing whenever I get the chance. Running at 1440x900 with VERY HIGH settings, no FSAA. I would go lower in the res, but I've got a 24" LCD and the jags are horrible. Using the current 169.09 betas.

Box #1:
Windows Vista Ultimate Ed. 64-bit
Lian-Li PC-82 Aluminum case
Corsair HX620w
Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3 v1.3
Core2 Conroe E6700 2.66ghz
4096mb OCZ Reaper HPC PC2 8500 (4x1024mb dual-channel)
eVGA GeForce 8800GTX
Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic
Klipsch ProMedia 4.1
Seagate 7200rpm SATA 750gb (16mb cache)
Sony DDU-1612 DVD-ROM
NEC Optiarc AD-7170A DVD+/-RW
USB devices:
Logitech G5 Gaming Mouse
MS Sidewinder game pad
Saitek Eclipse Gaming keyboard
HP w2408 24" LCD

Mostly medium settings with some high settings(shaders, water, object detail) @ 1280x960. My framerates are mostly playable, but the ship level and the level thereafter gave my card a massive swirly.

I was able to play Crysis with everything set to High. I changed some of the setting in the CVarGroup folder to get some Very High settings in Windows XP. Anyways I have an E6600 overclocked to 3Ghz, and my 8800GTS 640MB overclocked to 630/1000Mhz, I have 2GB of ram. I was able to play the game at around 25-30FPS. Except for the last level playing the boss, at that point I probably averaged around 15.

1650x1080, 16xaf no AA everything high and water very high. Very playable but I get an hour or two of play time then things start getting hot and subsequently frame rates drop depending on the level. Things slowed down when i go into the hover thingy and was told to defend against the flyiing octupi I rebooted and i was good to go again but I usualy see it as a sign that i need to get a life and go and do something else :D

I'm kinda suspicious of people who are playing on Very High and finding the game playable... is there something you're hiding like "o btw I have shadows on low k... same thing tho?"

I haven't actually had a chance to play the game yet, but I'm finding the "playing at Very High" reports to be encouraging.

I was able to play Crysis with everything set to High. I changed some of the setting in the CVarGroup folder to get some Very High settings in Windows XP. Anyways I have an E6600 overclocked to 3Ghz, and my 8800GTS 640MB overclocked to 630/1000Mhz, I have 2GB of ram. I was able to play the game at around 25-30FPS. Except for the last level playing the boss, at that point I probably averaged around 15.
But at what resolution...

With the rig below, I was playing at 2560x1600 with High settings, no FSAA and getting "playable" framerates, some hitching/video lag here and there. Can't say exactly what frames I was getting as I was too busy playing to start tweaking.

I dropped down to 1900x1440 (I think) kicked it up to very high, enable 2x FSAA and took a pretty sizeable FPS hit, from the feel of it. According to in game stats, I was running 8-12 FPS. Unplayable, really. But it looked impressive, I hate those jaggies on the trees / leaves / foliage.

Went back down to "High" settings @ 1900x14xx, 2x FSAA, was getting 17-22 FPS and was very nice looking, and playable. Turned up AA to 4x, took about 2FPS hit and right now sit around 20fps, which is playable in the single player campaign.

I've started tweaking individual cvar's (see http://www.incrysis.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=11614 for a good guide) and trying to improve the visual fidelity.

I've been running it at medium settings 1680x1050. Seems to stay in the high 20's at those settings.

x800gto^2 600/600 clocks.

All medium, 1280x720.

Last level got unplayable, dropped shaders and shadows to low, fixed the problem.

1920x1200 noaa/noaf DX10/64-bit everything on "Very High" except post processing on "Medium" and sound on "High" with a single 8800 Ultra. Still too slow though, I'm going to have to lower some settings unfortunately since I am averaging 20 fps.

One thing is for sure, this game will have great replay value when the video card comes out that is able to run it at 2560x1600 4xaa/16xaf with everything on "Very High", can you imagine, game will look increadible.

I'm kinda suspicious of people who are playing on Very High and finding the game playable... is there something you're hiding like "o btw I have shadows on low k... same thing tho?"

I haven't actually had a chance to play the game yet, but I'm finding the "playing at Very High" reports to be encouraging.

I am at high except for water is very high. Oh and post processing i have on medium , my apologies

I honestly can't remember by heart.

But it's @ 1680x1050
All high and very high. (DX10)

Or i can drop it down and add x2 AA but i think it;s better H/VH

I get 30fps average roughly.

Thats with my 8800GTX and the 169.04 drivers at stock speeds as i can't OC with the drivers.

1920x1200 noaa/noaf DX10/64-bit

Hey Brent I got a quick question for you, or to anybody who can answer this. How do you get the 64-bit into your gameplay information. I checked mine yesterday and it said DX10/32-bit but I have a 64-bit system. I thought it was sort of odd at the time but now that I see 64-bit is possible how the heck do I enable it? Thanks

With rig in sig and 169 beta drivers in XP, I'm getting averages of ~34fps at 1920x1200 with no AA and everything set to high except shadows, which is medium.

It looka pretty!

just finished the demo, and did a bench run:

1440*900 everything low, physics/textures medium

my GPU bench wound up at 32 FPS, and the game itself did alright, dipping down to 15 fps, but at times going over 40, typically between 20-30 fps

vid card: Geforce 6800 256 mb, stock 350/600, overclocked with a zalman vf900 to 450/800, and i have high hopes of reaching 500 mhz core with a Vmod

Everything high, except the Post Processing, which is set to medium.
1680x1050.
2x AA

Frame Rates about 26-29.

All you people getting sub-30 fps in the benchmark are absolutely nuts if you think the game is playable at those settings. I'm almost done the game, and finally found it pretty playable once I got my rig up to 45fps in the benchmark.

Almost all the levels from the 2nd half of the game are insanely taxing on the system, so 45 fps in the benchmark translates into about 30 fps avg in those levels. Some scenes are just brutal on the video card.

Settings that got me to enjoy the game were 1280x800, Win XP, no AA, no AF, with a tweaked .cfg giving most settings on very high except shadows and post processing on medium (plus a few other tweaks), 169.09 drivers. These settings give me 45.3fps in the GPU benchmark. And some sections still gave me what I'd describe as passable framerates (high teens-low 20s fps)

I am running everything at high at 1280x1024/19" getting an average of 33FPS with the following custom configuration:

e_shadows_max_texture_size=512
e_max_entity_lights=7
e_water_ocean_fft=1
r_DetailDistance=4
e_view_dist_ratio_detail=22
e_terrain_occlusion_culling_max_dist=180
r_sunshafts=1
e_lod_ratio=4
e_foliage_wind_activation_dist=15

Video memory usage is between 350 and 400 MB and sometimes I get a bit of corruption I believe because of streaming textures.

My rig is an Opteron 170 at 2820Mhz and 2GB ram at 252 (504 DDR)

I am afraid I stopped playing at 1650x1080 on my widescreen 20.1"as I needed to put medium shaders due to my 8800 having only 320MB of memory. What a shame as the game looks better widescreen :(

1440x900 i run almost everything at high expect postprocessing and water which are set to medium. I get a good 28-35 fraps

1680x1050 with everything on medium. It stays steady at 30fps +. If I change everything to high, it's more in the 20-25 area (in the 30's at lower demanding parts). I may try lowering it and raising the quality.

I am afraid I stopped playing at 1650x1080 on my widescreen 20.1"as I needed to put medium shaders due to my 8800 having only 320MB of memory. What a shame as the game looks better widescreen :(

Add a custom resolution to the nvidia control panel. 1280x800 or 1440x900. Then you can still play widescreen.

What works in some parts of the game DOES NOT work in the later parts of the game. The aircraft carrier level just gets ridiculous I had to turn AA off and drop my shaders down to medium.
1600x1200 8800GTX.
Can't wait for a better card.

Hey Brent I got a quick question for you, or to anybody who can answer this. How do you get the 64-bit into your gameplay information. I checked mine yesterday and it said DX10/32-bit but I have a 64-bit system. I thought it was sort of odd at the time but now that I see 64-bit is possible how the heck do I enable it? Thanks

You need a 64-bit OS and CPU, it should launch automatically in 64-bit. If it does not, and you meet the requirements, launch it manually. Go to your Crysis game directory, inside is a Bin32 and Bin64 folder. Go into the Bin64 folder and launch the Crysis.exe from there.

I'm playing at the hacked .ini "very high" settings in XP x64 running the 64-bit binary. Sure it's not DX10, but it looks close enough that I don't notice the diff and it runs better than Vista, not to mention it just feels smoother because it actually runs at my monitor's max refresh (75) instead of being forced to 60 like it is with the real DX10 codepath in Vista.

So to sum up:

64-bit Crysis, 64-bit XP
hacked ini "Very High" DX9+ settings
1440x900 res

I don't pay super close attention to the fps but I generally get 22-25 worst case, though there have been some really crazy areas where it dropped to 17-18. General case is around 25-30 for me but like I said it varies a lot depending on the size of the area I'm in, my view, foliage, scenery, explosions, what's going on, etc. etc. Indoors I almost always get upwards of 40 fps (with the exception being the inside of the alien ship, I think that's probably the lowest fps I've seen in the game so far).

Like I said, I find it to be playable, it definitely slows down sometimes but not so much that it affects my play. If you're really a stickler then I'd say everything on very high and shaders on "high" is 100% playable (again at the res I'm using, which is 1440x900)

You need a 64-bit OS and CPU, it should launch automatically in 64-bit. If it does not, and you meet the requirements, launch it manually. Go to your Crysis game directory, inside is a Bin32 and Bin64 folder. Go into the Bin64 folder and launch the Crysis.exe from there.

I have yet to launch in 64 bit, i get a black screen and nothing , shortcut or bin64

I've been playing it at 1920X1200 with 8X AA and with all settings at High. The lowest my frame rate drops to is 24 and the highest it gets up to is about 33. The average is somewhere inbetween. This is on XP. (Vista still scares me)

While the framerate obviously isn't buttery smooth, to me it's fairly playable. I've played a lot of games where under 30 was not tolerable, but this game is okay at slightly under 30 FPS.

This is with my E6850 at 3.4 and my ultra clocked at 675/1710/2340.

1680x1050, all medium. i'm hoping for all high once i get my 8800GT...i'm also gonna test it at very high at 1366x768. does anybody have any performance data for those settings? that would help me know if an LCD TV would be a good choice for when i upgrade my screen next year.

I have yet to launch in 64 bit, i get a black screen and nothing , shortcut or bin64

When you get the black screen, hit CTRL-ALT-DEL and then cancel it and it'll start playing the red EA splash screen.

I have to do this on Vista x64 about 60% of the time I run it. I'm using a shortcut I made from the crysis.exe out of the 64-bin bin folder.

I have to play crysis @ 1680x1050 medium settings; my rig is pretty beefy too :(

Seems like post-processing is a huge hit. I can play it great at 1680x1050 with all on very high if I turn post-processing down to medium. All I can tell is gone is motion blur, which I disliked anyway. Very pleased with performance and quality now.

In the Crysis demo, I tried setting my resolution to 800 x 600 and everything to low and... yeah, got like 25FPS. Medium settings are unplayable as are any resolutions above 1024X768. I know my computer's pretty f'ed up right now and I'm replacing the rig anyway, but I've got a 7800GTX (albeit, a 256mb) and an Athlon 64 4000+ which I thought would perform at least a little bit better. Not like I particularly care at this point, but I thought it was odd.

Seems like post-processing is a huge hit. I can play it great at 1680x1050 with all on very high if I turn post-processing down to medium. All I can tell is gone is motion blur, which I disliked anyway. Very pleased with performance and quality now.

Yeah, post processing on High or Very High seems to cause what feels like mouse lag, I prefer it on Medium for the best feel

I run 16x10 on very high for most settings except for shaders and shadows, which I drop to medium and high. I also edited the post processing to remove the motion blur and reduced some of the flare effects instead of removing them to keep the effect while on very high.

runs an avg of 30-34fps which is fairly decent for a game this heavy on the gfx... hoping the next "high end" iteration of video card comes out soon or a intel mobo that does SLI then I could snag a gtx off e-bay for cheap...

1680x1050, I can get away with the very high hack in XP64 if I turn post processing down, and maybe shadows. I also don't like the blur effect. This is running in 32-bit mode with SLI working.

In 64-bit with SLI not working :mad: I can run in high with the same two turned down.

No AA anywhere because it doesn't seem to stay on when I exit the menu. :confused:

During a LAN game, all medium for speed.

Thank you, my internet went out earlier today so I set out to find the problem. I was launching the game from CD instead of a shortcut directly to the .exe, I dont know why but it would only start it in 32-bit mode. I went to the directory and launched it manually from there fixing the problem. Although its in 64-bit mode the game seems to be a little more sluggish. Thank you again for your reply

I play mine at 1920x1050 at medium settings

I am running 1280x1024
All Very High except Shadows and Post (both high) and getting 39fps avg.

I play with everything on very high but shadows on med and i cut motion blur off @ 1680 x 1050 no AA. I get around 20-25 fps avg. On multiplayer i put everything on med and i still drop to the 20's sometimes(have no clue what thats all about) Thats with vista 64bit and 169.04 drivers

Back