What should I mod on a Coolermaster ATC-110

chemist_slime

[H]ard|Gawd
If you could mod a ATC110, what would you mod? Here's what the case looks like for those of you who haven't seen one.

if that was my case, i'd throw some black aluminum lian li casters on it and black aluminum case handles, then put a small window (about the size of the motherboard) right where the motherboard is.

add a light or two and i'd call it a day.

Resize your pictures mate, they are huge.

DO NOT mod a ATC 110, that case is worth ALOT! Its a antique, and if you mod it you will seriously decrease its value.

Its not like you can just buy another one if it goes wrong.

Dont mod it, just let it be, store it in your loft with some protection around it and in a couple of years it will be worth oh so much more.

Are you from the UK?

Noni said:
Resize your pictures mate, they are huge.

DO NOT mod a ATC 110, that case is worth ALOT! Its a antique, and if you mod it you will seriously decrease its value.

Its not like you can just buy another one if it goes wrong.

Dont mod it, just let it be, store it in your loft with some protection around it and in a couple of years it will be worth oh so much more.

Are you from the UK?

How much is it worth exactly now or if I store it for a few years? I'm from the US.

10 pics :rolleyes:

But like Noni said... dont mod that case.
It a classic case that looks awesome like it is. It would be like turning a classic '63 vette into a low rider. :p

Beautiful case. Like others have said, don't mod it, if you screw up, your going to have a hell of a time finding a replacement.

Dude, it's your case. Mod it if you want--unless these guys are wilingl to buy it from you...

Personally, I'd throw a double or trible rad on top, figure a cool side window (not just a square or anything, but a cool design). Put an LCD display to show through the front panel where some of the 5.25 bays are and replace the front mesh with something a little more see through and light it up!

That's where I'd start!

And yes, I'd mod a '63 Vette too! (Just not a low-rider...)

Do NOT mod it. An ATC110 is what a lot of people here would kill for (including myself).

Just BTX it. Pull the mobo tray, flip it upside down, and you're good to go.

I was thinking just a small mod. Maybe take it into a machine shop and have them cut a USB panel in the front near the side of the grill like some later model Coolermasters. What do you think?

Saving computer cases as "investments" is stupid. If it's your case do what you wish with it, but to those telling him not to mod it, put some money up and try to buy it off him if you think it's so valuable.

About the modding, I'd go for more pragmatic mods, the castors are a good idea, some handles, cooling mods, it looks like you're really working with a blank slate, stealth as many of the mods as possible.

I wouldn't mod a damn thing, personally. But not because I think it should be saved as an antique, although I understand that argument, but because I think it's gorgeous as-is. Maybe a factory windowed side panel (which should be the same as those from the Praetorian and WaveMaster, IIRC). If the fan mounts front and rear are restrictive at all I'd clear those out, but I'd leave the top one.

One of the sexiest cases ever made.

Is it that gorgeous--looks kind of bland to me. No pun intended. Asking for some advice to spice it up a bit. Maybe paint it purple to add some jazz. :D

wat should you mod? absolutely nothing and if a case like this looks bland to you, then you should not own it ;)

hmm i reckon you should mod 120mm fans for front and back and cut a window into that side panel! I'd do the fan thing on my case but i have no idea how to do it lol :p

oh and dust filter/grill for that top vent.

Lkd said:
hmm i reckon you should mod 120mm fans for front and back and cut a window into that side panel! I'd do the fan thing on my case but i have no idea how to do it lol :p

oh and dust filter/grill for that top vent.

Ooh, I like that idea very much. 120mm fans on the top would make it nice!!

chemist_slime said:
Ooh, I like that idea very much. 120mm fans on the top would make it nice!!

But it'll ruin the smoothness!

As N H O mentioned you could look into selling it and buying something a little less rare instead of modding this just because it's available. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if you could get $200 for it.

A nice big chassis side window...one that leaves about 3 inches on all sides. No funky designs and cuts..no rubber grommets outlining the inside edge like those sorry side window kits. 1/8" Superiew acrylic (maybe even real glass) mounted on the INSIDE of the panel...outside window mounts heave and are classless. Use titamnium screws with brushed nickel screw caps. And that's IT. Do it that way and you keep the value of your case.

ElektronikSeraph said:
But it'll ruin the smoothness!

As N H O mentioned you could look into selling it and buying something a little less rare instead of modding this just because it's available. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if you could get $200 for it.

Someone already offered me 230 for it.

That sounds good too ^^ But if you can successfully mod 120mm fans in without compromising the aesthetics then im sure that your case value would shoot up aswell. The perfect looking case with upto date cooling would be :cool:

Bbq said:
Do NOT mod it. An ATC110 is what a lot of people here would kill for (including myself).

Just BTX it. Pull the mobo tray, flip it upside down, and you're good to go.

BTX is failed and worthless though

that many pics of the front and sides, but none of the most important
part... the insides and back? :p

Anyhow, it looks like too nice of a case to mod.
The thing is so clean already.
If anything, a window or internal mods might be good.

But saving a case for an "investment" is pretty funny. If you can
find someone willing to pay a good chunk of change for it now,
go right ahead and sell it if it doesn't mean that much to you.
Computer cases are a pretty low value item, and how many
instances can you show where a case has doubled in value..
or trippled, for that matter. If so, woohoo.. you have a _little_
bit of money gained. If you want to hold something for investment,
buy a roth IRA or some stocks, not a computer case.

But seriously, mod it to you liking. Its not like the thing is
going to be highly valued or anything in the future. They'll
probably change form factors by then and it will be obsolete. ;)

Are you selling this case on ebay? I saw this auction and thought the pics seemed familiar...lol did someone steal your pics? One of my friends was selling those Logitech playgear cases and not only did someone steal his pics..but they stole his entire ebay layout and description.

I personally wouldn't mod the case because it already looks nice, but its yours so do whatever you want w/ it. If I did anything it would be something light like changing fans or somethin.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Dark Prodigy said:
A nice big chassis side window...one that leaves about 3 inches on all sides. No funky designs and cuts..no rubber grommets outlining the inside edge like those sorry side window kits. 1/8" Superiew acrylic (maybe even real glass) mounted on the INSIDE of the panel...outside window mounts heave and are classless. Use titamnium screws with brushed nickel screw caps. And that's IT. Do it that way and you keep the value of your case.
um no, the only way to keep the value of the case is to NOT mod it at all ;)

I saw one of these go on ebay here in the UK for 50 UK, which is what......85 US?

I've been looking for one for a very long time and am very disappointed in the cases that Coolermaster are producing at the moment. This is indeed a classic case with great lines and I'd love to get my hands on one!

I saw the very first pic, and asked myself the same question, and immediately thought.... nothing! That case is a beauty, just such clean lines, makes me think of something more futuristic than a very futuristic thing..... like where superman came from futuristic....

Aaaaanyway, if you reaaaaaally think it's boring, then perhaps some extremely careful and extremely neat mods could really make it shine. As someone said before, a frameless window, glue mounted. Perhaps an LCD up the front would be nice. Clean is the name of the game! If you are looking for something flashier, then you can always sell the case and get another moddable one. With the added bonus of not angering the ATC-110 worshippers!

:D

I guess he realized what kind of case he had and decided to sell it. In that condition, that case should sell for a fairly nice price.

Yea, its him. Check the Ebay auction listing for City/State, and it matches the [H]ardForum profile. Berkeley, CA. ;)

I would not window mod it...windows are getting a little played out these days (unless its mesh). I would enlarge the blowholes to 120mm. I have a vintage Lian-Li that I decided to do the same thing to...otherwise its uses are limited because the airflow in those cases was never too great unless you had some really loud fans going.

undertheradar said:
I would not window mod it...windows are getting a little played out these days (unless its mesh). I would enlarge the blowholes to 120mm. I have a vintage Lian-Li that I decided to do the same thing to...otherwise its uses are limited because the airflow in those cases was never too great unless you had some really loud fans going.

He's not modding it anymore, he's selling it on ebay.

khanable said:
if that was my case, i'd throw some black aluminum lian li casters on it and black aluminum case handles, then put a small window (about the size of the motherboard) right where the motherboard is.

add a light or two and i'd call it a day.

Ugh, no. That would be a travesty to the 110.

In reality I'd never mod an ATC 110, they're too hard to find if you screw one up, but hypothetically I always though it would be cool to do a built-in Koolance system on one, akin to this..

pc3-426sl_p0_t_LRG.jpg

Darkala said:
BTX is failed and worthless though

Nope, look at the current Dell PCs -> 100% BTX. (except Servers of course)

BTX isn't successful int the DIY market but the OEMs are switchin to it ...

@110 - i have two :D and there are only few mods you can du without ruining it ...

#1 - Coolermaster Style Window (so it looks like it's always been there)
#2 - Rad opening that matches the style of the front mesh

Alchemic said:
Saving computer cases as "investments" is stupid. If it's your case do what you wish with it, but to those telling him not to mod it, put some money up and try to buy it off him if you think it's so valuable.

How would you like your crow? Medium well?

Back