what to do with old drives

gigglebyte

2[H]4U
Hey guys and gals. I have (2) Western Digital WD800s that I am not using any more. I took down one of my servers and pulled the twin 500 gigs from that and figure that should do it for me for a while ;) but now what should I do with the old drives? I have a 40 gig that I am going to use as my backup drive so if my main one dies I will at least have something easy to pop back in but just hate to see these other two just sitting here gathering dust. Any suggestions?

I used an old 80 Gig from my girlfriends laptop to backup my 60 Gigs of music in an external enclosure. Then I put it into one of my fireproof boxes. Update once a month :).

I usually just upgrade other boxes with my old drives or if my friends need some ill give them it if I can't find a use I will then stash it away somewhere unless its like a old 8gb xbox hard drive then I will wreck it. For example those WD 80GB's in my sig they used to be in my old server then I picked up the WD 500GB and the 80GB's got spread into other boxes.

A WHS box can use drives of any size. The one I built holds a dozen. So I just throw drives of any size in there to add to the storage pool.

Back