What Virtual Wii games to get?

martinje

[H]ard|Gawd
Ok I got 2000 points and I am having a hard time what to get. I believe Mario 64 is one to get, I have the classic controller allready, and I dont know what else to get with my 1000 points remaining, any suggestions? Thanks All for any advice...

I really enjoyed Zelda - A Link to the Past. I probably play that one the most. I bought:

Zelda 1
Super Mario Bros
Ice Hockey
Zelda - A Link to the Past
Contra III
Mario 64
Mario Kart 64
Sonic

Mario Kart 64 and Super Castlevania 4. Those are two of my favorite games ever and luckily were among the first games released for the system.

I bought SNES games, Super Mario World and Contra 3 and have 400 wii points left over dammit :mad: :p !

So the older games look better? I play in widescreen form, how will the old 16 bit and 6 bot games look? Super Mario 64 looks and plays well, anyone tried R-Type from the Turbo Graphics 16?

So far Kid Icarus, Mario 64, and Mario World. I'll get Bonk this weekend, and maybe some other stuff.

My recommendations..

Kid Icarus
Legend of Zelda
Super Mario Bros.

Super Castlevania IV
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Contra III: The Alien Wars

This thread is the reason why Nintendo has not lowered the price on any of it's VC games.

I have Sonic, Bonk's Adventure, SMB1 and Mario Kart 64

...Bonks Adventure was a mistake!

What do you mean?
Why sell at a lower price when you have people buying a 30 year old game at $5, a 20 year old game at $8? I'm guilty of buying a few games at these prices, but seriously, $5 for SMB? I can buy a NES and a box of games at a yard sale for $5.

People pay $5 for a coffee at Starbucks that lasts them 10 minutes, I really don't see how that's too much to ask for an entire game that last for hours.

My point is that if you can spend that much money on something that's entirely disposable and satisfies you for less than 10 minutes, it's not all that much to ask for a game that will give you hours of enjoyment.

I mean shit, nowadays a movie ticket is like $10 and that only lasts 2 hours.

But all the items you are identifying as price points are for new items.

There are a some good games for the VC, and I'd be more inclined to purchase a lot more if they dropped $2-3 on prices across the board. I know I'm not the only one who feels this way. It's an old cry ever since VC prices were made public. But I can dream right?

I am prob going to buy Kid Icarus this weekend. I want Battle of Olympus.....

I, too, want Battle of Olympus. It's one of my favorite games EVER.
In terms of the VC prices...it's why I've only bought my "must have" games. Unless it's a rare game or an all time favorite, I won't buy it.

SimCity, Military Madess, Alien Crush are awesome..

If you want one that take up alot of time I recommend Military Madness, lots of depth of strategy, AI is pretty good most of the time, and there is multiplayer.. Oh and 36 missions..

Why sell at a lower price when you have people buying a 30 year old game at $5, a 20 year old game at $8? I'm guilty of buying a few games at these prices, but seriously, $5 for SMB? I can buy a NES and a box of games at a yard sale for $5.

I dont see any games on that list made in 1977 For the NES, It came out in 1985 making it 21 years old.

The SNES came out in 1991 making it only 16 years old..

Kid Icarus was 1987.
Legend of Zelda was 1986.
SMB was 1985.

Super Castlevania IV 1991, Was a release title I believe.
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past 1992
Contra III: The Alien Wars 1992

I dont see any games on that list made in 1977 For the NES, It came out in 1985 making it 21 years old.

The SNES came out in 1991 making it only 16 years old..

Kid Icarus was 1987.
Legend of Zelda was 1986.
SMB was 1985.

Super Castlevania IV 1991, Was a release title I believe.
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past 1992
Contra III: The Alien Wars 1992

Details. But you get my point. They are still rather old games.

Rather old games that have more gameplay and replayability than most games now days. They are worth every penny.

Back