What will Blizzards announcement be? (Poll)

What is BlizzardsMmay 19th Announcement?

• Diablo III/ Diablo Related Title

Votes: 29 14.5%
  • Warcraft Related Title

Votes: 9 4.5%
  • Starcraft Based MMO

Votes: 26 13.0%
  • Starcraft 2/ SC Based RTS

Votes: 136 68.0%

• Total voters

DarkLegacy

[H]ard|Gawd
The Rumors are flying all over every major website & publication known in the world of gaming? With the 100% success rate that Blizzard has given itself with hit after hit, what is next for them? With the lost of some very Talented people, such as Bill Roper, what can Blizzards announcement possibly be?

Blizzard + South Korea = Starcraft 2.

That's my guess at least. We'll see in a few days and then the 5+ year wait for the actual game begins... :D

Your poll is incomplete. Where is the option for a completely new franchise / Next Gen MMO?

I'd gush for a new Diablo title, but Starcraft 2 is way overdue, and I don't think they'll go the MMO route.

Your poll is incomplete. Where is the option for a completely new franchise / Next Gen MMO?

Yeah I should of but I'm highly doubting that they are going to do that this time at least. They will fool damn near the whole gaming community if they do come out with some sort of new Original IP.

I voted for SC2, but honestly it would be nice for them to come up with a new IP - they haven't done that since the original Starcraft.

I hope pray and hope for SC2. I've been awaiting that for YEARS now.

The original SC was amazing, its going to be hard to live up to. If they are doing SC2, I hope they can pull it off.

I voted for a SC2 MMO, I don't see another SC RTS comming out because you can't improve on perfection.

maybe thats what blizz plan is, just make it 1280x1024 capable or 1600x1200 with full texturing and lighting capabilities with dx9 and 10 cards

Definately SC2. StarCraft MMO would eat up WoW's sales no matter how you put it.

PS: I hope Diablo 3 will be good, because the original team is working on Hellgate: London.

I want Diablo 3, so long since D2, I need something... Game was nonstop fun when duelin with godly items ;) .

We can dream :)

worldsofstarcraft003sf3.jpg

We can only dream that it will never become an MMO. I for one think it's going to be SC2 and anything short of that will be a disappointment.

I just pray it's not Warcraft related (unless WoW), I very much dislike the RTS. SC2 would be cool, but that would mean it's probably going to be C&C3 or better graphics, which is no good for me :(
Actually, I'd LOVE it to be Diablo 3

I wouldn't be surprised if it's another Diablo based game. Another Diablo game would be just as succesful as a SC game.

I just pray it's not Warcraft related (unless WoW), I very much dislike the RTS. SC2 would be cool, but that would mean it's probably going to be C&C3 or better graphics, which is no good for me :(
Actually, I'd LOVE it to be Diablo 3

Boo. Warcraft 2 is still one of the best strategy games ever. WCIII is up there too. Oh well, to each his own I suppose.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's another Diablo based game. Another Diablo game would be just as succesful as a SC game.

No way they're going to announce anything non-Starcraft related in Korea. If another Diablo game is announced, then it will be at this year's Blizzcon.

Why are they announcing this in Korea?
Say that question to yourself out loud.

It makes no sense that they are announcing it in Korea...

Except if they were announcing SC2, then it would make perfect sense. SC is like the national sport over there.

I think it's most likely Starcraft 2. Diablo has gone through it's 2nd re-incarnation plus LoD.Warcraft is on it's third w/ FT and not including WoW. Starcraft has what? Brood Wars? I have my doubts that Starcraft will re-emerge as a RTS. As the saying goes, " If it isn't broken don't fix it"

imho, I wouldn't mind an FPS based on the Starcraft universe with RTS elements mixed in. Ala' Natural Selection HL1 mod

that would make sense if they said "were finally finishing starcraft: Ghost" lol, I would laugh and pee my pants cause I would want it, just like I would want SC2, or D3, or WC4..... lol

I'm voting for Starcraft 2, but I would LOVE to see a MMOFPS in the Starcraft Universe. Planetside to this day is the only real MMOFPS out there and I think the genre is underutilized. Blizz is known for polishing other's ideas to a blinding shine, so...maybe its time to give the MMOFPS a try!

Blizzard already said they would not be announcing a starcraft title. Yet people won't shutup about it.

I think he's referring to this one :rolleyes:

We do intend to announce a new product at the Worldwide Invitational next month in Korea, and we appreciate the enthusiasm and interest in getting an advance look at what that will be, but players will have to wait until May 19th to find out more. Also, we have a very strong connection with the characters and settings of StarCraft, and we do plan to revisit that universe at some point in the future, but we don't have anything new to announce in that regard at present.

In that quote the guy states they have nothing new to announce at present.

That means they had nothing new to announce then. Why would that statement have anything to do with this not being Starcraft 2?

Back