What would be considered a good card reader? Trying to buy one here.

Viperjts10

Weaksauce
I don't know what qualities to look for when purchasing a card reader, and I was hoping someone knows of a good card reader that would be worth looking into. I need it for my new computer, but there are so many card readers out there that I'm not sure what would be a good brand or type to go after.

To be honest, I don't really see how you can go wrong with any brand. They all work the same and do as they're intended. Nothing that really outweighs one over the other.

I just went for the cheapest $6 one I could find, and its been workin great for the last few years.

What formats do you need it to read? newer stuff, like HCSD, you'll need to make sure of its compatibility.

What paintb4707 said. You really can't go wrong with card readers.

I went with Crucial branded card readers. the first one I bought was $15 at newegg and I bought the newer version recently since I needed to be able to read HC cards and it was $20.
I keep the old one in my camera bag so I don't forget to bring it when I do onsite photo shoots like I did one time.

What paintb4707 said. You really can't go wrong with card readers.

Actually, you can go wrong since a few USB 2.0 readers aren't 100% USB 2.0 and end up copying at USB 1.1 speeds. I can't remember the brands, but it was discussed at the Canon Digital Forums a few months ago.

Back