what would be the best P4 motherboard @ SVC?

fLiPaChu

Gawd
Hey guys, just wondering what the best mobo at SVC.com would be right now, I'm interested in making a switch back to intel and selling parts of my current setup to do so. Anyone got some suggestions? I'd like to keep it specifically to SVC.com. Thanks guys.

flip

How is the LanParty for the Intel side of things?

I've had good experiance in the past with Abit boards. I've built a few workstations using them and they hold up really well.

Depending on budget the IC-7 or IC-7G MaxII is a good choice. I think there are a few boards that bench mark a little faster but I tend to stick with items that I've had postive experience with.

I just switched from an IC7 to an AI7, and I am very happy with it. Performance is almost identical, but the uGuru chip is awesome.

any head to heads with the lanparty and IC7? i'm not finding the AI7 on svc though.

I would recommend the IC7, very good performance for a good price. If you want more OC'ing go with the maxII or IC7-max3, both great boards.

i've been reading some reviews on the Intel LanParty one at tweaknews and anandtech... both have been hitting some amazingly high OC's... like 1200mhz fsbs.. but over 1ghz on both.. i'll definitely keep the abit in mind though.. i wonder if anyones got a lanparty out there?

Flip

starting to really like the Abit AI7, anyone's thoughts on this? I know it's not offered on SVC, but on the egg it's only 120.. there are NO voltage limitations on it at all it's ridiculous :). Anyone know an intel dedicated forum site much like amdmb is typicially AMD hardware?

flip

Again, your thoughts on the AI7.. looks very promising. thanks!

It's an Abit, it has the most incredible OC features available, and it's an Abit. Nothing more is needed!!!! I love mine.

i have a ai7 and i am very happy with it!

i also have 2 ic7-max3's and i love them too.

i had one and i liked it soooo much i got another

on my max3
i have my 3.0C to 3.8
i also had a 2.4C to 3.6

and on my ai7 i have a 2.0A to 2.6

all on crapppppppppy air [jet 4/ areo 4 lite]

i got my 3.0E on a water - pelt setup but havent overclocked it yet

Abit is the shit!:)

I have an IC7 revision 1.1 and I've loved it since the day I got it. Abit still utilizes the best BIOS in my humble opinion and with their new Flashmenu technology, it makes updating your version of BIOS even easier. No more going through DOS to flash it.

I really want a MAX3 though, simply for more customizability. 'Cause I'd really love to have at least half a terrabyte of hard drive storage space.

Although I warn you, you'll probably be clearing your CMOS alot. If you're like me, you will try to push the motherboard to its highest possible stable speeds. :D

Dark Assassin

the only wrong thing i've heard about the MAX3's are that they have crappy voltage regulation for vTT and vDimm.. like it's unstable and fluctuates inbetween 2.8 and 3.1 do you guys have that problem? it's the only thing really holding me back. supposedly that's why they came out with the AI7 to give it more stable voltages out of box (and the uGuru chip IS kinda cool ;))

flip

Back