What you look'n at!?!

TBONEU

Limp Gawd
Just curious to know what brand of LCD displays are you currently using with your beautiful Mac?

Me: NEC MultiSync LCD 1760V 17" on PowerMac Dual 2.0Ghz, looking at the 20" LCD widescreens.

I'm running a Viewsonic VP171B through my 1.25 Ghz Mini. I'd like to go widescreen, preferably 1920x1200 but I don't know how well it would handle it :(

at work they have these sweet 20 or 21" mac LCDs, not exactly sure who makes them, but they look amazing (they are for the photo editing department)

Acer AL1714 17" LCD.

Decent for the $229 that I paid for it earlier this year, but hardly a decent looking glass into the world of the net.

im running an OLD (5+ years) envision 17" that still works flawlessly. it has a 50ms responce, though you cant tell in games. no ghosting, its weird.

also for monitor #2 is a 14" MAG innovision LCD. i use this for adium and all of my im windows.

i really would like a dell 2001FP, so i can get that 1600X1200 res, i play a game called EVE, and it requires alot of screenspace due to the plethora of windows you have to have open.

I have a Formac Gallery 1740 DVI 17" LCD. I decided on it instead of the Apple Display when I bought my G5.

It's brighter and has faster pixel response than the Apple Display. It's an awesome display :cool:

LCD is for wimps. I use a cancer-inducing 20" CRT monster from 1994, that guzzles up 180 watts or so. :cool:

I guess I'll have an LCD when I get that iBook, though... at 80lbs, it is a bit heavy to lug around... :p

Dell 20" Widescreen (2005 FPW)

Previously a Sony 24" Widescreen CRT. Until i dropped it down the stairs when I moved.
Then I had to use a crappy optiquest 19" until I could snag this dell on sale.

Black Morty Rackham said:
LCD is for wimps. I use a cancer-inducing 20" CRT monster from 1994, that guzzles up 180 watts or so. :cool:

Too funny, I guess you can get a good tan from it too ;)

I have a Dell 2005FPW. I have to admit that if I were to do it all over again, I might get an Apple display instead. Not that the Dell is necessarily bad (mine has no noticeable problems), but the Apple display looks better and has a cleaner cable arrangement.

2005 fpw for my tiger server on the kvm...but i rarely use it for it as its, well, a server ;)

I hook up my 2005FPW to a powerbook from time to time even though it is usually hooked up to a dell i8600 (through analog VGA...... puke).

It's amazing how much BETTER use of space OS X makes of 1680x1050 than windows. It feels a lot more roomy and appropriate, aesthetically, in every way.

I have a viewsonic vp201 that I switched from my pc to my pb and it just doesn't look as good as the pb's built in display. The viewsonic looks great on my pc though. The pb's display was one of the reasons I switch from a pc notebook... it just looks really nice.

I have my nice 23 inch apple hd display. It is the older ADC one. I like it though.

I'm using a 20" apple cinema display too, one of the ADC models. I've had it for a few years now and it's been quite nice.

I'm using a 20" apple cinema display too, one of the ADC models. I've had it for a few years now and it's been quite nice.

lol you can pry mine from my cold dead hands after you get past the boobie traps, :D. i've never adored a monitor before (Dells, KDS, Viewsonics, Generic), i think it's the effective marketing.

-esr

Back