What's a better purchase?

snowysnowcones

[H]ard|Gawd
So... What do you guys think's a better purchase? An 8800Ultra (for $800) or an 2900XT (for $400). Obviously, the Ultra has better performance, but comes at quite a hefty price for just being an over clocked card. On the other hand, you have the more power hungry and louder 2900XT, but for only $400.

I'm just curious to what you guys think, I'm not considering purchasing either one of these, it's just a curiosity question.

try reading some reviews and make your own opinion. that's what I do.

Bang for the buck would be the 2900xt. But why compare those two when you should be comparing the 8800gts 640mb and the 2900xt?

ugh... I was wondering since most people say the Ultra isn't worth the price, and the XT isn't worth it over the GTS, what opinions would be. It was simply a question out of curiosity.

ugh... I was wondering since most people say the Ultra isn't worth the price, and the XT isn't worth it over the GTS, what opinions would be. It was simply a question out of curiosity.

Worth has to do with how much money you make, if its a reasonable price for the card, thats a different story.. obviously the ultra isnt reasonably priced for most people.

As per the GTS and the XT.. well, once again same issue.

If maybe 5-10% is worth 80-100$ to you, then get the XT, and those are preliminiaries for only one game. The XT seems to blow at rendering anything with AA, so thats also a factor.

Back