What's a safe tempureture for P5K deluxe?

mintos

Weaksauce
It's a 42*C atm, but I've notice that the default warning temp on the asus probe software is 45*C. Is my temp too high? Also... am I the only one that doesn't like the stupid heatpipe design for mobos? They're cluttery... and there's such a big descrepency of temps between different things on the mobo that linking thier heat together seems counter intuitive.

Each temp measurement is measuring a different thing and you are correct, one should not link them together. Most critical is the CPU core temps and you should run coretemp or speedfan to determine what those are. Then investigate and find out exactly what the other temps in the monitor program are actually monitoring, it varies between manuf. After the CPU core temps, your MCH/Northbridge temp is probally the most important but most boards cannot read that.

Manuf "monitored" temps typically are
CPU temp = thermistor mounted on the board in or near the CPU socket, very inaccurate.
System temp = thermistor mounted near the voltage regulation circuitry or the south bridge temp.

If you can determine what those reading are actually measuring you can then intelligently take action to cools things down if a problem exists. Otherwise they are just numbers.
I don't have that board or I would know, perhaps someone who has already investigated will drop in and post.

Back