Whats a safe way to light a case? (also need case lighting advice)

snypa2k3

Limp Gawd
I've been reading alot of sad storys about CCFL's inverters catching on fire and its kinda making me think twice about ordering some for my new case (Coolermaster Praetorian with side window). I was thinking about either going this This . Would this be a safer way? or would I still have to worry about the inverter problem. I was also going to add 3 of these (2 in the front, 1 in the back). If i decide to go that combo, would that be enough lighting to light atleast the whole case decently?. I was thinking about using those lights or going with these , which I was going to use 4 total fans (2 in the front, 1 in the back and 1 for the top. Tell me what yall think

*Still havent decided if I wanna go blue or red lighting scheme*

The inverter burning problem can be addressed by not buying anything that comes with the plastic blue ones. Instead, go to vibelights and get the ones made with an aluminum cover. Much better quality.

You could always custom wire an array of ultra bright blue LEDs, that would take away the CCFL inverter catching on fire problem.

I second a heavy dependence on LED's. They sometimes give a sort of spotlight effect, but otherwise the brightness they provide is generally great and there's also the reliability/safety aspect of them. lol

I personally used to have a single cluster of 3 LED's and they flooded my mATX tower with light damn well. They come in sets of 5's now and I'm sure they'd be even more awesome.

http://svc.com/ledlicl13or4.html

Erasmus354 said:
You could always custom wire an array of ultra bright blue LEDs, that would take away the CCFL inverter catching on fire problem.

isnt that what the Meteor one is? or will that basically have the same problem cause it uses a inverter?

you could get an acrylic rod and bend it into any shape, then rough up the surface and insert an LED into an end

At first I dont wanna do any custom jobs, if I can find the items, it would be best. I do plan on doing some custom things to the case eventually tho. How well does the lazer lights work? I mean if I placed them in the corners, would i really be dealing with the spotlight effect?

The meteor ones are a rod filled with LEDs. It does not have an inverter, just a controller. The meteor would be ideal for a ready made, safe source of lighting. LEDs also have a very long life span!

Qtip42 said:
The inverter burning problem can be addressed by not buying anything that comes with the plastic blue ones.
I've been running a plastic black inverter & plastic blue inverter for about a year now...they don't even buzz. Just sit there quietly and give me bright, blue light.

Thinking of ordering a crapload of blue LEDs from LedShoppe and soldering a bunch together as well though.

Back