Whats the best deal you've ever gotten??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Golden_Salmon said:
How did you get it for 190? I thought it was 230. And can I still do this, because I'd REALLY like to.

Hmm well, it was an open box. Since it still had full warranties and return policys, I bought it. Tested it out, it was fine, I have a sweet card for a good price now.

Justin

$345 for a 6800GT.
$30 for a 160gb hdd.

Everything else has been hot, but these were lava deals

(Retail) MSI GeForce 4 Ti4400 128mb for $178 from NewEgg back in June 2002, best deal I've ever gotten. Those things were going for $80-$90 more then that when I bought it and I'm still using it in my main rig now.

Lets see now...
1) HP Deskjet 930c printer $175 - $175 rebate = free
2) Samsung ML-2250 for $126 (about 1/2 price)

yoda634 said:
Oh yeah, that too.

Damn, the guy who got the signed Fermi text, that's insane.

It has a good bit of shelf wear, a worn spine, and some water spots on the front cover and the first page but I love it. It sits in my safety deposit box now. I bet someone in the physics dept was pissed.

I also got a 1984 first edition. The 1984 was gotten for a steal also but at $100.

Gift ones tha twhere great Animal Farm first edition and Dune Encyclopedia first edition.

I like books.

Spectre said:
It has a good bit of shelf wear, a worn spine, and some water spots on the front cover and the first page but I love it. It sits in my safety deposit box now. I bet someone in the physics dept was pissed.

I also got a 1984 first edition. The 1984 was gotten for a steal also but at $100.

Gift ones tha twhere great Animal Farm first edition and Dune Encyclopedia first edition.

I like books.

I am the same way, but never found anything that kicks that much ass.

I bought a used Athlon 1200 off E-bay (about $25 with shipping) for a budget PC I was building out of old parts which worked fine. Two weeks later I recieved another box from the same guy with another Athlon 1200! :rolleyes: I emailed him about it and he said some were damaged with a tiny chip on the corner of the CPU which could make it quit sooner or later. So he sent me another one just in case. But my first one never had one and I never told him! :D

The 160 gig Western Digital deal at Best Buy's "Black Friday" sale last November for $30 after rebate was a great deal. Now storing my Mp3's and movies :) Hope to get my rebate...soon.

Several cheap modems, NIC cards, Digi-Cam, Power Strips, 100 packs of Ritek and Khypermedia CD-R's free after rebate.

Guy sold me a PNY 6800GT on this forum that had the blue hue prob from the vga out. I had DVI for my monitor (VP171B) Got it for $200 YEA THAT'S RIGHT $200 shipped... Here's the real kicker. It ran FLAWLESSLY at Ultra Speeds with the modified bios trick. Sold it to a guy as part of a trade and got me a BFG 6800GT OC. It was a great card while I had it... :D

I got a whole pile of ASUS NF2 motherboards with integrated GF2MX video cards built in @ the 2003 Mwave Sidewalk sale. Those went into some awesome budget systems for family & friends. $5 each

Back in 1998 I got a Laserjet 4M Plus with 24MB of memory and a Postscript chip for $10 with a Jetdirect card with it for an additional $3. They both worked. Still using them both today.

One of the best lately was a Pentium 4 550 (3.4GHz) LGA775 with a Intel D915PBL motherboard and Windows XP Professional W/SP2 for $200 all new in the boxes direct from Intel.

NEC MultiSync FP1370 22" monitor for $180 refurbished. That was pretty good.
PNY Geforce 6800GT AGP for $319.00 new in the box.

Back in 1996 or early 1997 I got a Dual Processor Pentium Pro 200MHz system with Intel PR440FX Providence motherboard for around $300.

I remembered one more:

GeForce 3 TI-500 for $150 within 1 month of release direct from visontek.......retail partner purchase but hey......I still run that card in one computer. :D

There are two of them

The first is from buy.com.. it was the first online deal I ever found back in'98 or so. In fact Kyle posted about it on the main site. (I've been on these forums forever. At some point my account was erased and reset to noob from some god I used to be. at least it doesn't say stank noob anymore!) It was some Buy.com 19in monitor for some cheap price. I placed the order and it said it was sold out so I never got the monitor. The good part was, someone filed a class action lawsuit against them and months later I got a check for around $120.00 for basicly trying to buy something that was out of stock!

Second was the cordless Ryobi drill I picked up for $15.00 shipped from Mercanta or what ever the place used to be called.

Of course the hundreds of $5.00 DVDs I got from Reel.com rank up there as well :-D

Now that my Staples rebates finally came in from my BF purchases, those are some of the best deals.

My greatest steal ever was my Alvarez AEB 600t 6 string bass. Alvarez stopped producing solidbody electric instruments, so I got mine from a dealer in St. Louis for $360 shipped. List price on them was somewhere in the neighborhood of $1000, average retail was about $7-800. Less than half price for a brand new instrument on a closeout is a sweet ass deal.

best deal? geeze, there are so many!

dell 8600
pm 1.5
512megs of ram (upgraded to a gig)
40gig HD (upgraded to a 60gig 7200)
radeon9600pro turbo 128meg
15.1 wsvga+
dvd/cdrw (upgraded to a nec 8x dvdrw)
intel wireless

$1650 - coupons and discounts = $740

I bought a loaded dimension3k and a 17" lcdtv. I used a coupon on the dimension for 20% off and got the lcdtv for $1 after another coupon.

I sold both of them, making over $200 on the dimension and $400 on the lcdtv.

cnick79 said:
$1 pints of coors in NYC. Or are we talking strictly computer deals?

yah actually..i was in in canada and i went to some local bar in quebec and they were having a special...10 cent pints..and if you convert that into US dollars, thats almost free..so another great deal for me..

and if your wondering..yes i did get piss drunk.. my friend was soo wasted that he pissed himself when we got home

I got an Audigy 2 ZS plantinum for $115 after $50 MIR from Creative at ZZF. Got the Logitech cordless duo for $56, also from ZZF.

get ready... hold on to your drinks.... My BBA x800 pro VIVO i got it last night and modded it to a full xt pe with no artifacts.... oh yea... it was 315 from a guy 30 minutes away right off ebay, he ended soon and i got it in my hand within hours... god i love that luck.

I got a sun v20z for free!
2x opteron 244
2GB DDR333
1x73GB 10k SCSI disk

They were giving away free v20z's with a 1 year subsrciption to JES here
I only had to buy one licence for a total cost of $100...
with shiping and tax the total came to $139.15. Not bad for a server that retails for~$3500

Oh My Asus Brand New A8N Sli Deluxe for 203.00 Shipped Overnight When it was for like 250+ everywhere.. :p

newegg refurb nf7-s 29 bucks and sonic xs 2.1 speakers for 50 regularly 200. their huge but kick ass.

KLH 8in 3-way speakers, BB paid me $5 and change to take them from them (after rebate, and price adjustment because they went on sale the next week)

Pioneer SX-D5000 Stereo Reciever $50 shipped. (I priced shipping myself and it was $35 for UPS ground, thats without packaging too)

Spectre said:
Just remembered my best ever.

First Edition Text.......Thermodynamics by Enrico Fermi signed from a library sale....price $1 :D

God they had no clue.....but I scored!

HOLY CRAP! I think we have a winner. Something like that would be priceless to the right individuals. Like me. Fermi is my hero. Niiiccceee find.

My best deal ever was on the Altec Lansing 5.1 Surround Sound Model 251 speaker system from Circuit City.

Here's how my luck went:
Original speaker set was going for $99.99 everywhere, but CompUSA has a sale for $69.99.
I took that and went to Circuit City website and price matched with 10%, bringing it down to $62.99. Total ordered through credit card online after tax was $67.72. I selected "In Store Pick Up." Went to the store to pick up, but they were out. I, of course, showed sign of disappointment, so the manager felt guilty and deduct $20 from my purchase to compensate for the lack of item upon pick up. That brings it down to $47.72. I returned the next day to pick up the speakers, then send in 2 $30 dollars rebate.(one manufacturer, one CC) That brings the final cost down to -$12.28.

In the end, Circuit City(or manufacturer?) PAID me $12.28 to buy their $99.99 value product. LOL

Not too long ago rightstuf.com had Evangelion and Gasaraki box sets on sale. I almost passed this one up but they left the offer stay up an extra day due to a system problem they had.

1 DGK100 Gasaraki DVD Perfect $24.99
1 DEVBX1 Evangelion, Neon Genesis 39.99

....almost one that I couldn't pull the trigger on but glad I did..

a pair of 220$ diesel jeans that i got for free using a 175$ gift certificate and the return store credit for an ugly $45 belt my mom bought me

I scored 2 of Win XP Pro Upgrade from CC using a PM from a Staples ad....$6 and change each...about 2 or 3 years ago. The store manager caugt holy hell fro that one when I gave a couple of buds the receipt info and other stores had to match it.

I also scored a couple sticks of memory from OD and actually made money...like $30 each.

Those were the good ole days

A BFG Ti-4600 for $150 via price matches and a rebate when they were going for well over $240.

I won an Athlon XP 1800+ plus a heatsink and M/B @ that AMD thing in Philadelphia back in the day

epicengr said:
I won an Athlon XP 1800+ plus a heatsink and M/B @ that AMD thing in Philadelphia back in the day

Ditto!
That was a great series of events. My ex and I scored the mobo/proc plus t-shirts, coffee mugs and an AMD jacket.
Forgot all about that....mine was the Tampa event.

Best Deal #1
Applied for Intel Tech Leadership Team. I was mailed a FREE P4 2GHz, 256MB RDRAM, DVD, CDRW, GeForce3 Ti500, 5.1 Speakers, Keyboard, and Mouse in return for doing three 15 minute phone "satisfaction"surveys. Oh yeah, and I got it in 2001, when the best proc out was a P3 933 MHz.

Best Deal #2
Bought my neighbor's 1988 Nissan Sentra, stick, 4-banger for $200. Learned to drive a stick, taught all my firends to drive a stick, taught my brothers to drive a stick, and when we'd finished raping the clutch, cleaned it, filled it with gas, and sold it for $600 to a local dealer. Booyah.

I would say the best deal I ever got was a WD2000JB 200GB drive 1 1/2 years ago for $22 from Dell. It was a price mistake.

I also won an AthlonXP 1800+ with a Gigabyte GA-7DX from the AMD online thing a few years back. And an AthlonXP 2200+ from an AMD event in NYC.

60" Widescreen HDTV that was on sale at buy.com for $3299 [at the time] from sams club for $1400 open box.

=:)

with warranty for FREE.

Free athlon xp (1800+ i think) to complete a spare machine to fold on, from our own Editor-In-Chief, Kyle Bennet. Gawd what a saint. I think that definitely makes it one of the best deals i've gotten in recent times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back