whats the difference between these two monitors???

spincut

[H]ard|Gawd
They seem to be the same monitor but i cant seem to tell the difference (tried using the widescreengaming frorums as a reference but one isnt on the list, and the other has a "non" D version reviewed on BEHARDWARE that seemed to have been released a year earlier and claimed to have a PVA panel rather than an MVA, so i dont know about that either).

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Acer...79526/catOid/-12965/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

(widescreen gaming forums claims it's an MVA, but behardware reviewed what looked like the same monitor reviewed a year previous sans the "D" and they claim it had a PVA panel).

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...ategoryId=pcmcat104900050013&id=1170289357971

cant find information on this one anywhere, seems just like the other one though

Over at AT someone claimed the older AL2416WD is PVA and the newer cheaper one is TN.

Cost difference is currently negligible (amazon lists the WD for $429, Costco has the other one for $399) so I would go with the PVA unless you have a costco memebership ($399 for the TN). and want the ease of return if you don't like it.

Over at AT someone claimed the older AL2416WD is PVA and the newer cheaper one is TN.

Cost difference is currently negligible (amazon lists the WD for $429, Costco has the other one for $399) so I would go with the PVA unless you have a costco memebership ($399 for the TN). and want the ease of return if you don't like it.

Sorry I assumed the 2nd was the $399 Acer AL2416WBsd, not X series you linked. At that cost it may still be PVA. Dual DVI? That would be cool but the acers I have looked at did not have a button to switch displays, it was burried in the menu tree....

well the problem is there is that X one that i havent really seen mentioned anywhere else, the 16WD which some said was MVA and others said was PVA and then there's another 24" acer, i think the 2432WD or something like that that say was an updated version and MVA, so i dont really know anymore.

Sorry, was a bit fast here and didn't see without D. :)

AL2416W uses a 24"WS Samsung S-PVA (LTM240M2) according to tftcentral.co.uk
flatpanels.dk reports it as:
Acer AL2416W (widescreen) har et 24 tommer 6 ms (g2g) PVA (Samsung LTM240M1) panel.

LTM240M1 was in the 2405wfp, while the LTM240M2 is in the 2407WFP. I can't remember which generation the AL2416W belongs to.

so the x one on the best buy website is a TN, but then if the 16wd is a PVA and not an MVA, does that mean the one they released after (the acer 24XX something) was an MVA panel?

Back