What's the *oldest* card you're running?

God I don't even remember. The first computer I ever had is still running strong as my dad's work computer.

Got it January 1996, had a 100mhz Pentium Pro, 100mb hard drive

Cost like $3500 :)

Had to replace the CD-Rom and CPU fan once, but still kicking.

Probably a Cirrus Logic running on Vesa Local Bus? Diamond had a ton of cards out around that time too.

Probably a Cirrus Logic running on Vesa Local Bus? Diamond had a ton of cards out around that time too.

By the time of the Pentium Pro, they were PCI vid cards. Last computer I had with VLB was a 486 dx2 66mhz. My Pentium 1 120mhz had a couple of PCI slots and the rest ISA. I think I ran an PCI 2D Trident vid card with a voodoo1 in that computer (Diamond Monster3d). I still remember the first time I ran GLQuake on that...

Until recently still had a working ATI VGA wonder....

Also got an old apple IIgs that still works, oboard, display adapter :O

i'm probably gonna get flamed or something, but the oldest card i'm running right now is an 8800GTS 320MB.
I also have an 8800GT and GTX260 in use.
I think my moms computer has a 9600GT in it.
but my bro's is new like mine with a 9800GTX

My Ubuntu box runs a Ti4200, My XP box runs a ATI 9800Pro, and my Win 98SE box runs a Geforce 5200. I'm not sure which one is older but I bought all three cards retail new when they were the "latest thing".

My oldist current card running is a 8800gts 320. And it folds well. A solid card.

In my parts box I have a 32meg V2 pci. still use the card for tech work. There is also a TNTII, a Rage agp, a Trident pci card and a old ISA Trident.

My oldest good boxen is a full tower enlight dx4/100 on a shuttle board with 2 meg of ram, multi-nics, A old scsi card with four full height 1 gig micropolis drives and burners in raid. It has sli v3's in it. Its all OC'ed and has been water cooled in the past. I use to bond up to 6 modems with it for poor mans isdn. The dx4/100 is lapped. As is the V3's. Next time I get it out and fire it up to its OS/2 Warp OS that can shell up any other OS of the time I will take some pics of it. It was in its day a bad ass box.

Oldest in a currently running box is GeForce4 mx 440 running Wolf ET, and a RivaTNT or whatever those were in my ipcop firewall :)

I have an ''old'' computer at home with an AGP GeForce Ti 4600. Still working like a champ, but Viva Pinata didn't want to install and play on it last week, saying ''your graphic card is too old''! LOL! A kid game!

It was funny. :)

I have an ''old'' computer at home with an AGP GeForce Ti 4600. Still working like a champ, but Viva Pinata didn't want to install and play on it last week, saying ''your graphic card is too old''! LOL! A kid game!

It was funny. :)

Dont feel bad its all my radeon 9800pro can do to play that game on my kids pc.
I'm looking to finally upgrade their pc this coming new year so I wont have any problems with their games. ;)

i gave my old computer to my mom a couple years ago and its still running a radeon 9000 pro 64mb. does that count?

I've got a Geforce 8800GTS 320MB card in my HTPC. That would be the oldest one I'm running right now.

I've got an Inspiron 8600 laptop (August 2003) with an ATI Mobility Radeon 9600 128MB.

ATi Mach64 VRAM in the retro gaming machine.

wish i could find a 2mb upgrade for it...

The oldest one that I still have with me is a 7800GS in my XP box. I have a 9800Pro in the closet.

The oldest card that I had that is still in use is a Riva TNT2 32MB that came with an HP Pavillion we bought a long time ago, which is now a linux box being used by some family member.

Back