What's the WORST Apple product? (Past or Present)

Edit 2 - Oh, and in response to comments about why other companies can't simply "duplicate" what Apple has done, there's a good reason for that - Apple will likely sue them. Look at the current issues where Apple is suing Samsung over the Galaxy line's similar-appearing UI. The interface simply arranges icons in a similar pattern to iOS, and Apple went after them. Or, for those who can remember further back, eMachines' eOne, which basically copied the iMac's approach of an all-in-one PC with a CRT, only running Windows. Apple sued them and eMachines took them off the market after only a few months. So yeah, companies try other approaches, as MrCrispy pointed out, but ultimately most consumers simply want that device with an Apple logo on it. Not that it's necessarily a bad (or good) thing.

Huh? Apple's lawsuits have only started to gain traction within the last month or two. Is this the start of "Apple's success is due to lawsuits"?

Do you really think a company should sit back and allow its IP portfolio to be copied? If there was no merit to Apple's claims, the cases would be dismissed. Apple is winning the lawsuits because others are copying, and they are getting busted.

Consumers "want a device with an Apple logo" on it because they have enjoyed their "products with Apple logos" in the past.

Huh? Apple's lawsuits have only started to gain traction within the last month or two. Is this the start of "Apple's success is due to lawsuits"?
You do realize that Apple has been suing companies across many product lines for years, right? As I mentioned, go reference the "eMachines eOne" legal issue back roughly a decade ago and enlighten yourself a little.

Also, I never at all made any reference to Apple's success being due to lawsuits, so don't even attempt to try and pull that strawman argument. If you can't actually provide a proper rebuttal, why even respond?

Do you really think a company should sit back and allow its IP portfolio to be copied? If there was no merit to Apple's claims, the cases would be dismissed. Apple is winning the lawsuits because others are copying, and they are getting busted.

Once again, no one is saying that Apple shouldn't defend their actual IP (although, as some of the recent news has indicated, not all of Apple's IP is valid. Notice how Nokia essentially won it's case?) I like how you, as a typical Apple zealot, ignore anything that goes against Apple. Visit the MacRumors forums much by chance?

Consumers "want a device with an Apple logo" on it because they have enjoyed their "products with Apple logos" in the past.
Your comment only applies to those who actually had prior experience. The iPod essentially initiated Apple's current success, and it was such areas as excellent marketing, social exposure via television, movies, celebrities, etc., that caused more and more people to buy them. Once they had generally good experiences with that, the natural progression was to buy other Apple hardware. Design and engineering obviously played a role, but don't be naive and understate how much of the success was due to Apple's marketing. Apple became a style, just like how a lot of women want Gucci or Prada or a lot of guys want Oakley sunglasses.

I swear, the blind zealots can be so dense...

I missed this somehow, but to quickly respond:

Competitors are having trouble producing devices that are as thin, cheap, and efficient as Apple.
Companies such as ASUS have produced systems just as thin, cheaper, and as efficient as many Windows-based PCs can be for years. It's also funny that you consider Apple's systems "cheap". Models such as the iMac are great values when you factor in the costs of IPS screens, but systems such as the Mac Mini tend to not be such a great value when all the other necessary hardware are factored in.

The brand loyalty comes AFTER years of satisfying customers with excellent computing experiences. So many people are unable to grasp this.
I'm guessing you don't really follow trends much, but for A LOT of Apple's current userbase when it comes to the iPhone, iPad, etc., it essentially began with the iPod, and after that single device A LOT of people were essentially "sold" on Apple hardware. It didn't take "YEARS" of satisfying customers, it essentially took one single device. Look at all the issues with the MacBooks that A LOT of college students had (and I'm referring to the polycarbonate MacBooks), and even through that people kept coming back. Partly it was their enjoyable experience with devices such as the iPod, iPhone, etc., and partly just because of Apple's brand image. Nothing more, nothing less.

I'll buy anything from Apple, not because I am some blind sheep worshipping in the Church of Jobs. I buy Apple products because they have consistently exceeded my expectations of computers and operating systems and mobile devices, and I expect that to continue.
The first sentence essentially negates the second, since if it's Apple, you'll buy it, and because it's Apple, you'll likely convince yourself of it's excellence irregardless of whether or not it's actually a good product. I'm sure you'd give the Puck Mouse Innovation of the Year if you could back in the day.

I'm guessing you don't really follow trends much, but for A LOT of Apple's current userbase when it comes to the iPhone, iPad, etc., it essentially began with the iPod, and after that single device A LOT of people were essentially "sold" on Apple hardware. It didn't take "YEARS" of satisfying customers, it essentially took one single device. Look at all the issues with the MacBooks that A LOT of college students had (and I'm referring to the polycarbonate MacBooks), and even through that people kept coming back. Partly it was their enjoyable experience with devices such as the iPod, iPhone, etc., and partly just because of Apple's brand image. Nothing more, nothing less.

This is absolutely true. My girlfriend's Macbook was apparently designed to make holes in the keyboard (because Apple I guess thought it was a good idea to design in a stress concentration beneath the location of their spacers for the screen and kayboard).

My Macbook Pro (2008, pre-unibody) is a piece of crap which had to have $1300 of repair work done after 18 months (all paid for by Apple, since I bought Apple Care). Pretty soon it's going to need a third video card as my current one is crapping out again.

Then again, I'll probably pony up for an iPhone 5 when they drop, so maybe I haven't learned my lesson after all.

My Macbook Pro (2008, pre-unibody) is a piece of crap which had to have $1300 of repair work done after 18 months (all paid for by Apple, since I bought Apple Care). Pretty soon it's going to need a third video card as my current one is crapping out again.

Is this the Nvidia GPU failure issue? You can't really blame that on Apple as pretty much every other vendor that shipped a laptop with similar GPUs have the same issue. That lies squarely on Nvidia.

The patent system is broken. Honeycomb looks nothing like iOS, the patents and injunctions being granted to Apple are a total joke. Essentially what Apple has done is patent icons on mobile devices and will sue anybody out of existence instead of innovating.

Best product: the Apple IIE, hands down, by a mile.

Worst: The iphone. Works great, 10 months later, here's a marginally better one guys!! One year later, whoops, sorry that the OS we told you would work bricked your fucking phone, our bad. What's that, you want a new iphone 3G to replace the one we broke? I just got off the line with our customer service manager, and in between laughs I was able to hear him tell me to tell you to fuck right off.

I would have bought an iphone 4, too, if not for how CS treated me. Although they did save me the trouble of Antenna-gate, and the issuance of a bumper that fixes the problem that they never acknowledged in the first place.

So in summary, I guess apple support is their worst product. Or is it their best product, considering the mess they kept me out of in the end? I'm confused...;)

Bottom line, apple's got some nice shit. As it stands though, I wouldn't piss on steve jobs if he were on fire, let alone throw my hard-earned money at him ever again.

Best product: the Apple IIE, hands down, by a mile.

Worst: The iphone. Works great, 10 months later, here's a marginally better one guys!! One year later, whoops, sorry that the OS we told you would work bricked your fucking phone, our bad. What's that, you want a new iphone 3G to replace the one we broke? I just got off the line with our customer service manager, and in between laughs I was able to hear him tell me to tell you to fuck right off.

I would have bought an iphone 4, too, if not for how CS treated me. Although they did save me the trouble of Antenna-gate, and the issuance of a bumper that fixes the problem that they never acknowledged in the first place.

So in summary, I guess apple support is their worst product. Or is it their best product, considering the mess they kept me out of in the end? I'm confused...;)

Bottom line, apple's got some nice shit. As it stands though, I wouldn't piss on steve jobs if he were on fire, let alone throw my hard-earned money at him ever again.

Man, that really blows on the support thing. I've had the exact opposite experience. Every time I have an apple product break (dad's original iPad, my mom's MBP 2008, my iPod Mini from way back) they have replaced them with no qualms. I take mine to an Apple store though, and I think they're trained with an attitude that if they have the stock to replace it, might as well replace it. Hell, my mom's MBP was clearly broken from her stepping on it, and I fully expected to tell her that she needed to pay for the screen repair, but they just swapped the computer with a new one, switched over all the data and everything. She didn't have any accidental insurance on it, either.

I avoided the iPhone 4 because of the bumper thing. I think it's generally good practice to wait to buy most products for at least a month. I wait for reviews and for a few bugs to be recognized and addressed before I buy most products now a days.

My least favorite Apple product(s) have to be any mouse designed by Apple, other than the magic trackpad. I can't stand any of them. They are the most uncomfortable things ever. The chemistry department at my old school had a bunch of the mice with the weird little ball at the tip for scrolling. I spent so much time in there, that I eventually just started bringing my own wireless mouse.

Then again, I'll probably pony up for an iPhone 5 when they drop, so maybe I haven't learned my lesson after all.

Well, don't get me wrong - I appreciate and enjoy quite a bit of what Apple does. iTunes still kinda annoys me, but I myself really enjoyed the several generations of iPods that were released. I've been using Power Macs and then Mac Pros for years and enjoyed each one, and I personally really like both the MacBook Pros and the MacBook Airs.

The thing is, at the same time, I can also recognize when other company's products are better overall. Apple's Cinema Displays have always looked really nice, but been short on features I find necessary, such as additional inputs, which is why I would always go with another monitor brand (for example, Dell Ultrasharps for 27" or 30" monitors), or another home media device over the AppleTV.

I just get annoyed when people can't accept that Apple doesn't excel in every product category they're in.

Is this the Nvidia GPU failure issue? You can't really blame that on Apple as pretty much every other vendor that shipped a laptop with similar GPUs have the same issue. That lies squarely on Nvidia.
Yeah, although there was a lot of talk that due to Apple's drive for as-thin-as-possible form factors on the MacBook Pros, that it accelerated and "benefited" the failure of the 8X00 series of GPUs they used, but ultimately, you're right ,it was nVidia's failure.

Well, don't get me wrong - I appreciate and enjoy quite a bit of what Apple does. iTunes still kinda annoys me, but I myself really enjoyed the several generations of iPods that were released.

That reminds me: itunes is the worst thing apple has ever brought to the market, by a mile. When I first switched to the zune software, I was in love. Bought iphone, back to itunes, sad again. Sold iphone to a total sucker, bought WP7, back to zune, never happier, and I'll never go back.

My wife is getting an ipad soon :mad:. She knows I hate apple but she's got quite a bit of $ invested in itunes apps/music so I guess it makes a bit of sense. I've already told her she's getiing an ipad 2, since iOS 5 is right around the corner I'm not taking the chance of bricking a gen 1 ipad simply because it can't run the fucking OS. If she did that and apple told her to buy an ipad 2 to fix the problem I'd fucking kill someone.

So, my list is now itunes,a customer support team that doesn't know to say dick besides "buy the latest product to cure all your ills", then the iphone.

BTW, I'm not trolling. OP asked my opinion and got it.

i like how the image quality on any picture file (jpeg,etc...) looks. it looks better than on a pc. did anyone ever noticed that? (i am not talking about the imac screen, i have a mac mini)

For me it would be most of the Performa line back in the 90's.

Tons of different models that varied little between each other.
Poor performance compared to the Power Macs.
All but no expansion.

However a couple of them that were rebadged Power Macs were quite nice. My first Mac was a Performa 6116. It was a Power Mac 6100 with a double speed Apple CD rom and 2 or 300 meg scsi hard drive. 60MHz Power PC 601 chip. Have lots of great memories of that machine. Plus I loved the well designed Pizza Box shape of the case.

But overall the Performa line was just piss poor.

Here are my nominations for worst.

Modern: Final Cut X (does software count? lol) Hardware wise, definitely the airport extreme.

All Time Worst: Apple Pippin game console.

You do realize that Apple has been suing companies across many product lines for years, right? As I mentioned, go reference the "eMachines eOne" legal issue back roughly a decade ago and enlighten yourself a little.

Which is why I used "gain traction". Did I say they "started to sue" within the last few months? Reread if necessary.

Also, I never at all made any reference to Apple's success being due to lawsuits, so don't even attempt to try and pull that strawman argument. If you can't actually provide a proper rebuttal, why even respond?
I was asking if this was the start of a lawsuits-based success story about Apple. Again, reread.

Once again, no one is saying that Apple shouldn't defend their actual IP (although, as some of the recent news has indicated, not all of Apple's IP is valid. Notice how Nokia essentially won it's case?)

So the valid patents win the case, no matter who owns them? Seems simple enough to me. Where did I say that all Apple's claims were valid?

I like how you, as a typical Apple zealot, ignore anything that goes against Apple. Visit the MacRumors forums much by chance?

Visit a forum that talks about products I like? I'm so busted! You make it sound like all MacRumors members are blind zealots. There are people of all varying opinions there. Is it any worse than people who hate Apple hanging around in the HardForum Apple area, looking to jump in with their hatred?

Your comment only applies to those who actually had prior experience. The iPod essentially initiated Apple's current success, and it was such areas as excellent marketing, social exposure via television, movies, celebrities, etc., that caused more and more people to buy them. Once they had generally good experiences with that, the natural progression was to buy other Apple hardware. Design and engineering obviously played a role, but don't be naive and understate how much of the success was due to Apple's marketing. Apple became a style, just like how a lot of women want Gucci or Prada or a lot of guys want Oakley sunglasses.

The iPod IS the prior positive experience for many current users, and it's where I started. Yes, the iPod initiated much of Apple's current success. Yes, marketing plays a huge role in its success as well. But you are forgetting that users like using Apple's products. No amount of pixie dust sprinkled by the marketing fairies will convince people otherwise. The products have to deliver, and they do.

I swear, the blind zealots can be so dense...

Insult my intelligence level if you like, but I'm not the one who has difficulty using an apostrophe.

It's also funny that you consider Apple's systems "cheap". Models such as the iMac are great values when you factor in the costs of IPS screens, but systems such as the Mac Mini tend to not be such a great value when all the other necessary hardware are factored in.

So, the iMac is a great value, only when you choose to include the cost of the IPS panels (which the iMac has)? Why would you compare it against a computer that doesn't have an IPS screen? You are essentially saying "the iMac is a good deal, only when you compare it to machines that have similar specifications".

Also, please let me know of a cheaper computer than the Mac mini, spec for spec. Remember, size and power consumption are specs. Please don't embarrass yourself and quote numbers from Newegg.

Yes, the iPod started most of Apple's success, it was the ultimate gateway device. The iPod arrived nearly 6 years before the FIRST iPhone, and nearly 9 years before the iPad. So as I stated before, people were enjoying Apple products for years before the introduction of the iPhone and iPad, the two devices you mentioned while attempting to contradict me.

The first sentence essentially negates the second, since if it's Apple, you'll buy it, and because it's Apple, you'll likely convince yourself of it's excellence irregardless of whether or not it's actually a good product. I'm sure you'd give the Puck Mouse Innovation of the Year if you could back in the day.

If it's Apple, I'll buy it, because they have exceeded my expectations in the past so highly. If an Apple product turns out to be a stinker, I'll sell it and get most of my money back, my opinion of Apple tarnished a bit. I've yet to experience that, so I expect them to make a product I will like. Is this so hard to understand? Aren't there any companies that make products you like? Do you need to read reviews of a movie made by your favorite director before seeing it? Can't you predict you'll probably like certain things based on past experiences?

As I said before, if it helps you to call me a fanboy, please go ahead (again). I won't mind.

I can buy a laptop with the same specs for about 1/2 the price

Go ahead and buy your shitty laptop for 1/2 the price. It will still be shit. You can put a V8 into a Pinto but you're still driving a shitty Pinto. Good luck with that.

If it's Apple, I'll buy it, because they have exceeded my expectations in the past so highly. If an Apple product turns out to be a stinker, I'll sell it and get most of my money back, my opinion of Apple tarnished a bit. I've yet to experience that, so I expect them to make a product I will like. Is this so hard to understand? Aren't there any companies that make products you like? Do you need to read reviews of a movie made by your favorite director before seeing it? Can't you predict you'll probably like certain things based on past experiences?

Power to ya, and hopefully apple continues to satisfy you. I flat out LOVED my iphone 3G and was considering tossing more cash their way until my fiasco. I thought the ipad was cool as shit, until I realized customer support would drop trow and shit all over me at the first oppurtunity, if something went wrong with it.

I've heard all sorts of stories detailing how apple went the extra mile to replace an out of warranty iphone 2G that was rendered inoperable after the end user dropped it, stomped on it, then drove a fucking F-150 over it before finally pissing on it and lighting it on fire, then taking it to the genius bar to have it replaced with a fucking prototype 5th gen white iphone that's made of fucking pearl and dusted with shredded polar bear fur. In all seriousness, stories abound of people dropping their brand new iphone 4 just outside the AT&T store and having it replaced on the spot, no questions asked.

Personally, I was told to piss up a rope and, when I was done, to cut my own dick off and hand it over as down payment on an iphone 4, when my shit was wrecked due to apple's own approved software (iOS 4). Over the phone and in person, no less. The bitch on the phone actually laughed at me when I told her I'd never buy apple again, as if the thought that someone could choose to give their money to another company was alien to her.

If something happens to my wife's ipad 2 I'm not even gonna ask customer care for help, I'll just assume I'm ass out and root her fucking Nook Color, which is what I've been trying to talk her into doing in the first goddamn place. It's basically a Moto Xoom for $250, which in my book trumps the ipad any day of the week. If she wasn't already waist deep into itunes this topic wouldn't have even come up. She's still pissed because her iphone 3G was also fuckered by OS4 and she got the same response from apple that I did: "Fuck you, buy an iphone 4."

Your phone was bricked due to iOS?

I've heard of tons of stories of Apple going the extra mile (when they didn't have to), and I've heard just as many stories of people getting told to go screw. I've had to use them once for an out-of-warranty iPhone (original) that was having reception problems. They replaced it for free after the warranty expired, the next phone worked well, and I was happy. Not the most miraculous of customer service experiences, but I was satisfied.

I'm thinking apart from the standard replacement/repair procedures that Apple encounters, most of your outcome is due to (good or bad) luck, and your attitude towards them. Be very nice to someone, and they will be more likely to help you out. Be an asshole (and still in the right), and they will tell you to get bent. Catch more flies with honey.

(this is all speculation on my part, and is not intended to be twisted into a blind zealotry for Apple service).

Your phone was bricked due to iOS?

I've heard of tons of stories of Apple going the extra mile (when they didn't have to), and I've heard just as many stories of people getting told to go screw. I've had to use them once for an out-of-warranty iPhone (original) that was having reception problems. They replaced it for free after the warranty expired, the next phone worked well, and I was happy. Not the most miraculous of customer service experiences, but I was satisfied.

I'm thinking apart from the standard replacement/repair procedures that Apple encounters, most of your outcome is due to (good or bad) luck, and your attitude towards them. Be very nice to someone, and they will be more likely to help you out. Be an asshole (and still in the right), and they will tell you to get bent. Catch more flies with honey.

(this is all speculation on my part, and is not intended to be twisted into a blind zealotry for Apple service).

Oh, I was very nice over the phone. I explained that a few weeks after putting iOS4 on my 3G, I was experiencing terrible slowdown, SMS issues, poor battery life, and a dozen other problems. I also politely explained that due to their incredibly fucked system, there was no approved way to just rollback my fucking phone to 3.1.3.

I was put on hold for 14 minutes, the bitch got back on the phone and said she'd been talking with her supe for the whole time and in his words, "There's nothing we can do." It was at that point that I fucking lost it inside. I calmly told her that apple would not get one more penny from me, and to tell her boss that Windows Phone 7 just gained a pre-order, and the bitch laughed out loud.

After moving to Maryland, outside DC, I took the phone to the apple store at a large local mall, where I was told that the genius bar was so sorry for my trouble, and by the way, have you seen the iphone 4? It's really designed to run OS 4, and to be honest, that's the only fix we're prepared to offer you.

It took every ounce of self control I had to walk out of that store without causing thousands of dollars worth of damage to various, very tempting, display units.:mad:

The thing that REALLY pisses me off, is that there were no gun ranges in the area that would allow me to film myself putting a fucking load of 00 buck through my iphone from 3 yards. That video was going to be emailed to steve himself, along with a rant that, if directed at the POTUS, would earn me a non-consentual sit-down with the local branch of the Secret Service.

I wish you people would get back to actually discussing what this topic is about: The Worst Apple products. Stop ranting and raving about the iPod, iPhone or iPad. None of those are bad products and certainly not Worst products. Not by a country mile. Each is dominating their respective device class and have a healthy 3rd party app/add-on market.

Get back to bad products. Like the Lisa or the Twentieth Anniversary Mac (which was expensive even by Apple standards).

worst apple product in my opinion: apple tv. nobody should have to pay $100 only to be limited to PAYING money for virtual goods on itunes.

It took every ounce of self control I had to walk out of that store without causing thousands of dollars worth of damage to various, very tempting, display units.:mad:

You mad bro? Sounds like you got anger issues.

I've never understood this argument.

Well, the CS argument yeah, but you're going to get jerks in any environment. Apple does do a pretty good job of minimizing them, but like most techies, it sounds like you were ahead of the curve in recognizing the problem, which is a problem Apple has. They don't like admitting there might be a problem, before it's officially recognized that there IS a problem. But all companies are like that really. And in Apple's defense, once that step happens, they're usually very good about fixing things.

No my problem is with the "Works great, 10 months later, here's a marginally better one guys!! One year later, whoops, sorry that the OS we told you would work bricked your fucking phone, our bad." statement.

Really, how many people buy, and keep an Android phone for 2 years, how many of the early (1.5 Android or earlier) phones can run 2.3 or Gingerbread? How many can, but require a huge amount of futzing to get them working.

Additionally, how many "marginally better" Android phones are released in a 10 month period? Heck, how many "marginally better" Android phones does HTC, or Samsung, or Motorola release in a 10 month period? Why is Apple the only one that is given crap for this when every other phone manufacturer is actually even worse.

Say what you will about "it's obsolete when you leave the store" but an iPhone 4 is the best iPhone out there until the 5 comes out. And that can be up to a year. It's not like the iPhone 4 comes out, is the "best thing ever", and then the iPhone 5 comes out a month later and is better. And that happens in the Android world. The Incredible is "the best thing EVAR", for 2-3 weeks when something else comes out, and all of them cost $200-300 w/2 year contract, just like the iPhone.

worst apple product in my opinion: apple tv. nobody should have to pay $100 only to be limited to PAYING money for virtual goods on itunes.

I think $99 is a decent deal. If you're someone that buys content on iTunes it's a cheap way to get it on the TV and it's a well built little system. For me it's a steal. $99 and jailbreak and I have a great tiny Plex extender. I plan to buy at least one more.

Funny, I've never spent a dollar on music or movies at the iTunes store, yet I've been using the Apple TV for a long time. Methinks you know not of what you speak.

Everyone always talks about how Apple products are well engineered, so I wanted to find out which products people here think are amongst the worst.

iBuds. Horrendous, especially from a company that sells so much music. Granted, many people plug them in their ears and go about in bliss, but objectively, those are awful IEMs.

I'd really like for Apple create a headphone section in Apple Stores where, in exchange for making versions of their headphones that feature integrated iOS controls like the iBuds, Apple will feature headphone makers' products. Why, yes, I would love to demo those AKG K701s on display, thank you very much.

Really, how many people buy, and keep an Android phone for 2 years, how many of the early (1.5 Android or earlier) phones can run 2.3 or Gingerbread? How many can, but require a huge amount of futzing to get them working.

Because android doesn't give you the ability to "upgrade" to a new os that will brick your phone, Its also a bit easier to program for.

Now i have been called an "Apple Hater" but i think the worst apple product is the store's.

Ill admit i dont like any of their products mostly because i like bang for my buck but they are decent... as far as linux goes.

I hate hate the new ipod shuffle. It's worse than my keys; I can't find them!

What about the previous shuffle? I really wanted it until I learned all controls were on the earphones. Screw that. The new shuffle looks good, but it's too small, I think the 2nd generation one was best, because it had a little space for you to grip it with your thumb and forefinger. The new one seems so small that you'd change a track anytime you use the clip.

Hockey puck mouse, easy. The prior voice control shuffle was also a major WTF.

Also, why the surprise at all the herp derp trolls posting here? This subject line is like crack cocaine for them

itunes: one of the worst bloated system hog software i ever used just to used my iphone

Pretty much everything they've ever released. While innovative design-wise, their execution sucks ass....and their prices are just ridiculous... I can buy a laptop with the same specs for about 1/2 the price.

Can you still get another notebook for half the price with a case made from solid aluminum, great battery life and a good display? Let me know because I looked and nothing compared when I bought my MBP 13" a couple years ago. The specs do get outdated sometimes because Apple doesn't always rush out with the latest and greatest but there's also benefits such as having support available at The Apple Store or calling their customer support and getting an English-speaking rep without having to repeatitively ask for a supervisor. Try that with Dell or another notebook manufacture--easier to throw them away if there's a problem.

I love my Apple TV and use it mostly for Netflix in the bedroom. While I haven't rented any movies from iTunes with it I like having the option just haven't got around to it. It does tie into what I think is their worst current product, the FrontRow Remote. I generally use the Remote App instead so I don't have to be directly in front of the ATV for the remote to work.

As far as past product I'm with several others here in that I didn't care too much for the hockey puck, or many of their other mice. The exception would be the Mighty Mouse I didn't mind too much.

oh yea... I forgot, was just thinking hardware...

iPod Earbuds were terrible, those were worst headphones/buds I've ever used...and iTunes is crap.

Oh...yes. Those things are painful.

iBuds. Horrendous, especially from a company that sells so much music. Granted, many people plug them in their ears and go about in bliss, but objectively, those are awful IEMs.

I'd really like for Apple create a headphone section in Apple Stores where, in exchange for making versions of their headphones that feature integrated iOS controls like the iBuds, Apple will feature headphone makers' products. Why, yes, I would love to demo those AKG K701s on display, thank you very much.

I'm not going to go with the really old products, ie. mid-90s etc. I see them as pretty much being standard computers that weren't really trying to do anything different; that's how they were meant to be.

Worst...difficult one. Merely because the worst of the modern Apple products aren't really bad because they are bad products, but because of niggles or form over function.

Apple mice, all of them in one way or another. The original hockey puck mouse was just plain wrong, the generation after that was a single button, though not too uncomfortable (though not the most comfortable either), the Mighty Mouse was just awkward to use, and the current Magic Mouse is completely the wrong shape, worse than any of the Apple mice before it.

In terms of bad products due to physical build quality, all iPhones/iPod touch models prior to the current generation models. Well constructed materials, but displays creaked and clicked unnecessarily, and allowed dust in like mad. A huge problem that plagued many users, but thankfully Apple have properly sorted it in the latest models, which are rock solid.

I don't understand all the iTunes hate. It runs just great on my Mac..

I don't understand all the iTunes hate. It runs just great on my Mac..

Because it runs just as badly on Windows as it runs well on Macs xD It really is awful, probably one of the worst pieces of software for Windows, merely because it is so slow.

Back