what's w/the vaporware???????

jstnomega

[H]ard|Gawd
http://www.visiontek.com/

At present, we cannot accept any new orders for this item. When we receive updated delivery information from ATI, we may start accepting orders. All orders that have already been placed will be filled in the order received as soon as product is available. Thank you for your patience.

At today's prices, considerably in excess of MSRP, some no-name OEM card w/a mere 2 yr warranty is somebody's idea of a bad joke.

The PE is nearly impossible to find and has been since its announcement. I would just go with the X800XT from them if you are willing to spend that much. They have the 800XT im stock and selling it for MSRP...unlike most vendors that are majorly price gouging.

The x800 XT-PE has been a total joke. Paying $150+ extra just so you can get 20 MHz on the core and 12% faster memory makes no sense to me. The x800 XT is killer at 500/1,000, and you can just spend $30 on an ATI silencer and overclock it past XT-PE speeds anyway. :rolleyes:

Impossible to find? Its $509 at ZZF last time I check a few days ago, has been for weeks. So much for being "150+ more". Its easier now to find than ever, but thats not saying much.

CastleBravo said:
The x800 XT-PE has been a total joke. Paying $150+ extra just so you can get 20 MHz on the core and 12% faster memory makes no sense to me. The x800 XT is killer at 500/1,000, and you can just spend $30 on an ATI silencer and overclock it past XT-PE speeds anyway. :rolleyes:

Ummmm no. Obvoius the core and mem on the XT/PE are abble to oc past the PRO. Meaning even more of an overclock for the XT. Yes, you can get the Pro and oc to XT speeds, but you wont be ebale to get the oc you can reach with the XT/PE...It is well worth it if youa re into oc'ing.:rolls:

He isn't talking about the Pro.

Maybe you're getting 2defensive for your own good, 2fresh

2Fresh said:
Ummmm no. Obvoius the core and mem on the XT/PE are abble to oc past the PRO. Meaning even more of an overclock for the XT. Yes, you can get the Pro and oc to XT speeds, but you wont be ebale to get the oc you can reach with the XT/PE...It is well worth it if youa re into oc'ing.:rolls:

My pro can beat out a number of XTPEs (and with only 12-pipes) :p

bubblethumper said:
My pro can beat out a number of XTPEs (and with only 12-pipes) :p

so your saying a pro overclocked to 600+ core 600+ mem can beat a stock xt pe? ofcourse it can. last time i checked however, the xt pe can be overclocked too

pandora's box said:
so your saying a pro overclocked to 600+ core 600+ mem can beat a stock xt pe? ofcourse it can. last time i checked however, the xt pe can be overclocked too

Actually, it beats out some fairly OCed XTPEs too.

Have a look at mentok's 3dmark05 thread.

Back