What's with my videos?

StealthyFish

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey, I've been trying to run dvd's on my computer. but every single program that outputs some sort of video (wma, dvd, w/e), it all comes out the same way on every single player i've tried (real one, VLC, Windows media, Advanced DVD player). It comes out this dark red and black inverted colorish. Here's a screenshot:

my.php

for some reason, it won't display the picture well. but it's like this reddish tint, and it's really dark, so you can't see it. I've been tweaking with the nvidia controller, but it still doesn't change anything.

First...
1) Have you ever been able to play dvds on your computer?

2) Try uninstalling your video drivers and reinstalling them... (btw, which ones are you using??)

I"m using the newest ones off nvidia's site. and they worked before i formatted my hard drive.... and they worked on some like real player at one time, but then it all just screwed up after that

StealthyFish said:
I"m using the newest ones off nvidia's site. and they worked before i formatted my hard drive.... and they worked on some like real player at one time, but then it all just screwed up after that

I had a similar problem with the latest drivers and video playback... had to roll back to 84.21...Especially when I was trying to display full screen video on 2nd device... New drivers give me problems....

StealthyFish said:
Hey, I've been trying to run dvd's on my computer. but every single program that outputs some sort of video (wma, dvd, w/e), it all comes out the same way on every single player i've tried (real one, VLC, Windows media, Advanced DVD player). It comes out this dark red and black inverted colorish. Here's a screenshot:

my.php

for some reason, it won't display the picture well. but it's like this reddish tint, and it's really dark, so you can't see it. I've been tweaking with the nvidia controller, but it still doesn't change anything.

Re-install your drivers and update DirectX (if needed)

you have to use dvd players that came with your dvd rom. this is because there are specific decoders that are needed.. look through your discs that came with your computer for the appropriate software.

skyyfox said:
you have to use dvd players that came with your dvd rom. this is because there are specific decoders that are needed.. look through your discs that came with your computer for the appropriate software.

are you sure about that??

StealthyFish said:

my.php

Its a driver problem with the latest drivers, try adjusting color settings (make sure you adjust for the overlays) if that doesn't work, roll back to the last 80 series drivers, that will take care of it.

nah, i figured it out. THe overlay settings were messed up. But since my motherboard decided to corrupt my hard drive and tell me that I had an Unmountable_bootable_drive error, I just formatted and installed 84.56 drivers, since everyone says the 84's seem to run faster for some systems.

Back