What's your gamerscore?

Foz2001

[H]ard|Gawd
I think the gamerscore/achievment idea is pretty cool on the 360, makes me wanna play a variety of games and actually have a purpose in playing them. Ive had my 360 for just under a week now. Curious as to what you've guys have totalled up so far.

Foz240.jpg

Gamerscore?? From what you said about it it seems like a cheap way to try and get you to buy more games with the promise increase your leetnees level on XboxLive.

yeah, but i'm at 35 now... so i'm obviously 35 points cooler than i was when i started, right?

1270, and holding steady. I wish there was a way to delete all the info from the games I've rented that I never plan on playing ever again.

Foz2001, what have you been playing so much of?

I thought it was easier to post my gamer card (saves me from updating when I get a new score)

Blademrk.jpg

mostly points from Kameo, Call of Duty 2 and Hexic.

935 or so, but that should change quite a bit this weekend when i rent king kong, supposedly 8 achievemets from just finishing the game each worth 100pts :D

the problem with gamerscore is that not all points are created equal...It was much easier to get 600 points in kameo (beat the game) than perfect dark (10 points if you beat the game). The worst use of points has to go to madden so far. My friend bought it - played one full length game, and had 300 points.

by the way - 800 so far.

The funny thing is - IT IS SOME LAME WAY FOR MICROSOFT TO TRY TO GET PEOPLE TO "NEED" TO BUY/RENT MORE GAMES TO BEAT THEIR FRIENDS GAMERSCORE.......

It's lame - but it sure does work. I've considered buying some xbox arcade games just so I can booster my score a bit more to beat my friend because I don't want to buy any more titles at full price.

Archaea said:
the problem with gamerscore is that not all points are created equal...It was much easier to get 600 points in kameo (beat the game) than perfect dark (10 points if you beat the game). The worst use of points has to go to madden so far. My friend bought it - played one full length game, and had 300 points.

by the way - 800 so far.

very true, I got 1000 points for beating king kong pretty much. I really wish microsoft went through each game and made all the points "fair" that would make it better but I still find it cool.

And on the other token if you have all of the achievements in Tiger Woods you are one of the best players in the world. That has to be hands down the hardest game to get all the achievements in. I don't think anyone could even make an intelligent argument otherwise.

May not be the "hardest" as much as it is the most time consuming... Either way you won't see too many people w/ them.

WorldRunner, lol, nice score, how many hour per day do you spend on x360? :)
By the way mine is 0 :eek:

air2k5 said:
WorldRunner, lol, nice score, how many hour per day do you spend on x360? :)
By the way mine is 0 :eek:

I don't think my score's really anything to write home about. I didn't play my 360 much for the first 3 weeks I owned it. When I did I only played NBA 2k6 online so no achievement points for that.

Problem was I have my bigscreen HDTV downstairs with no internet. Although it's the best TV I have and it's comfortable I like to play online so my achievements update and also have the option of going online. So I got a 32" non-hd tv for my game room where I have internet and can now play.

I play about 4-5 hours everyday. It helps that I have 11 games and 8-9 arcade games so some of the points come easy. Planning on getting most every 360 game and getting as many points as I possibly can.

As I pass them I'll trade them or sell them and buy something else. I'm looking to get rid of Madden (have a couple more seasons to sim through. I'm not playing the games for the 30 year achievement but I am managing my team along the way), NFSMW and NBA 2k6.

On my list is to get the NHL 2k6 and Condemned next. I need Kameo, NBA Live (just for the achievements then I'll get rid of it) and a few other games. Right now I'm working mostly on THAW.

My wife has gotten all of my Zuma achievements as well...that's helped a little ;)

beanman101283 said:

That includes the achievement in DOA4 for 5 straight losses in online play. 0 points for that one. :D

Yah check my achievements...I have that and the 10 straight losses one ;)

I don't have a 360... so my question is do you get anything for having ass loads of points? There should be some sort of incentive other than claiming a larger e-penis. Maybe like access to a tourny or something.

d34dly said:
I don't have a 360... so my question is do you get anything for having ass loads of points? There should be some sort of incentive other than claiming a larger e-penis. Maybe like access to a tourny or something.

It hasn't been mentioned yet. They may do something at some point but for right now it's mostly bragging rights.

I will use it as a way to keep track of everything I've done on the 360. Plus it's great for the friends lists....to be able to see everything your friends have done in all their games.

my goal is to get 100,000 points before the next MS machine. So I just need to unlock all achievements on 100 games :p

WorldRunner said:
My wife has gotten all of my Zuma achievements as well...that's helped a little ;)

Sweet - Got the wife pitching in! But what does she think about those 4-5 hours a day you play? As for me I now favor PC gaming rigs over consoles, so for me it is BF2! But I sure would like to play the upcoming BF2 for 360

TheGoat Eater said:
Sweet - Got the wife pitching in! But what does she think about those 4-5 hours a day you play? As for me I now favor PC gaming rigs over consoles, so for me it is BF2! But I sure would like to play the upcoming BF2 for 360

Wouldn't have gotten passed the first date if she cared about stuff like that ;)

This is why I believe in living with people before marriage

WorldRunner said:
Wouldn't have gotten passed the first date if she cared about stuff like that ;)

This is why I believe in living with people before marriage
Tiger Woods may be hard to get achievements in, but have you all tried Bejeweled 2 yet? It's a real asskicker too. Bought it for the wife, and sat down to check it out. The requirements for achieving achievements are pretty steep. Give it a look and you'll see what I mean. If you like things like BJ2 that is...

Kahnvex said:
Tiger Woods may be hard to get achievements in, but have you all tried Bejeweled 2 yet? It's a real asskicker too. Bought it for the wife, and sat down to check it out. The requirements for achieving achievements are pretty steep. Give it a look and you'll see what I mean. If you like things like BJ2 that is...

I have it...Both me and my wife play that...as well as Hexic.

i hate my friends lol. Because i let them play on my DOA4 account all the time, i've gotten the 10 loss in a row achievment, i would never have gotten that shit, and i'd be an A- i would guess, if i had never let them play lol.

Erasmus354.jpg

Most of my points come from PGR3, I only have 4 more achievements to unlock in that one.

Silver, Gold and Platinum (Beat it on Bronze, now I am just going through beating all the races on Platinum so I unlock em all at once)

I also need the Online Professional, 3 more circuits I need a win in...I think my bumper has a bullseye on it the way most of these people race online ;)

EDIT : Forgot I also need that annoying race against the clock one.

sanitarium09.png

I've seen people with 9000+. Either they haven't slept since the 360 came out or they found a way to cheat the system. I'll be lucky to be over 9000 2 years from now.

Sanitarium said:
I've seen people with 9000+. Either they haven't slept since the 360 came out or they found a way to cheat the system. I'll be lucky to be over 9000 2 years from now.
Some of the sports games award ungodly point amounts for nothing, and quite a few launch titles are 1 day games. Gun and King Kong spring to mind readily.

Isn't 9000 only 9 retail games worth of completion? Thats crazy, but not so nuts if you think of some college kid off for a month over christmas break who rents a lot of games.

I could never get that, but I can see some people I've known in the past doing it.

Back