Whats your June phone pick?

harsaphes

Supreme [H]ardness
Seems all the cool new phones are hitting in June....anyone else jumping on board and getting something?
I have already preordered my N97 and I am also getting the new Iphone....If the PalmPre surfaces somewhere Unlocked i would love to play with that OR the new WebOS model that looks like the Blackberry, cant remember what its called. And there are a couple of Android devices that are coming.
I think I will have all my Phone Os's covered.:p

Seems all the cool new phones are hitting in June....anyone else jumping on board and getting something?
I have already preordered my N97 and I am also getting the new Iphone....If the PalmPre surfaces somewhere Unlocked i would love to play with that OR the new WebOS model that looks like the Blackberry, cant remember what its called. And there are a couple of Android devices that are coming.
I think I will have all my Phone Os's covered.:p

For me it'll be magic/dream on rogers after selling off my e71, and MAYBE, just MAYBE a blackberry sometime soon...

Probably the new iPhone but anxious to see if the N97 doesn't suck.

I just got this earlier, excellent phone.

1zzt6s9.jpg

I think it's a June phone for you yanks anyway :)

iPhone!! I'm waiting for the new version, but am ready for a change after 4 years with Blackberry devices.

I really like Android but like the G1 less and less as time goes on.. it's just kind of too "chunky and clunky" for me... I am interested in the new Sammy i7500 as a new Android device... not sure that will be out in June, but fairly soon... or the HTC magic if it's available in the US..

I really like Android but like the G1 less and less as time goes on.. it's just kind of too "chunky and clunky" for me... I am interested in the new Sammy i7500 as a new Android device... not sure that will be out in June, but fairly soon... or the HTC magic if it's available in the US..

Yes, I have a G1 and its size is starting to bother me. I wouldn't mind if it had as much functionality as an iphone, but it doesn't.

"Cupcake" is supposed to remedy this to some degree, but it's way overdue and there's still no clear date to when ppl will get it. Apparently next week, but I'm not holding my breath :eek:

Really digging the nextgen iphone, though, if it really does come with all that new stuff.

I'm so ready to leave my WinMo Mogul, perhaps the new WinMo phones are nice, but the Mogul is slow, not enough RAM, clunky UI etc, even with 6.5. Looking forward to the new iPhone, Pre and whatever new Android phones that are coming out.

G1 with v1.5 "cupcake" release. You get the best of ALL worlds as far as typing is concerned. Sure it's not a sleek and sexy as other phones, but it's built pretty darn tough and is reasonably priced for both the phone and necessary plans.

Unless it has significant issues, I'll be getting a Pre. I just worry about going from Verizon to Sprint's network.

G1 with v1.5 "cupcake" release. You get the best of ALL worlds as far as typing is concerned. Sure it's not a sleek and sexy as other phones, but it's built pretty darn tough and is reasonably priced for both the phone and necessary plans.

Yep.

The g1 isn't the sexiest piece of hardware, but it does everything I ask it to, and then some. Especially if you go root crazy. :p

The cupcake upgrade is solid, lots of good functionality, and it's only getting better. Honestly, I can't handle an iPhone, no push, no background....

Just feels really underwhelming.

Yep.

The g1 isn't the sexiest piece of hardware, but it does everything I ask it to, and then some. Especially if you go root crazy. :p

The cupcake upgrade is solid, lots of good functionality, and it's only getting better. Honestly, I can't handle an iPhone, no push, no background....

Just feels really underwhelming.

iPhone has push built in.. you can do it via Exchange or MobileMe. If you wanted background app support you can do it via 3rd party support.. which I should say is very strong with the iPhone :p

That was the main reason we dumped Sprint...the bogus charges...every month we were on the phone with them about some charge, that and my much repeated story about how they were trying to tell me that when you send a text it is using your Data plan because the phone has to connect to the internet to send it...we were being charged for texts even though we had a text plan included in our contract!...lol..funny now but not then.

Since I am being switched to Verizon from AT&T since my work made the switch, I may be going with the LG ENV3 or whatever they are calling the Voyager replacement. I am not 100% sure though because I absolutely hate the Verizon UI.

I just ordered the Nokia E71x from Wirefly. I know some have had bad experiences with Wirefly, but I've purchased several phones from them without a single problem. Their return policy is outstanding and they're running an instant discount special, so I paid absolutely nothing, not even shipping. I've been curious about this phone for awhile and it'll give me something to play with for a couple of weeks. I still intend to get the next-gen iPhone unless this Nokia just blows me away.

Back