Votes: 41 10.4%
  • Prototype

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Risen

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Other - please specify...

Votes: 48 12.2%

• Total voters
Batman AA gets my vote. It's been over 10-15 years since I've found myself enjoying a beat-em-up game like I have this.

Truthfully its more Metroidvania than beat em up, but thats probably why you loved it as well :)

Batman:AA was certainly excellent, but I think Burnout Paradise hooked me more; I at least finished it. Hell, I owned Burnout on PS3 before I bought it for PC and then finished it.

A more interesting poll would be narrowing the poll to 3 or four of the top games, then asking people to rate the goty who played EVERY ONE OF THE GAMES.

I have not played codmw2 or borderlands or anything else really except dragon age, so my judgement is... incomplete. I wonder what the judgement is for those who have more complete knowledge of the games (if not my superior judgment!).

what on earth makes dragons age so damn good ? can someone explain ive seen some videos it doesnt look much like goty candidate if u ask me.

Dragon Age. Hands down for me.

A more interesting poll would be narrowing the poll to 3 or four of the top games, then asking people to rate the goty who played EVERY ONE OF THE GAMES.

I have not played codmw2 or borderlands or anything else really except dragon age, so my judgement is... incomplete. I wonder what the judgement is for those who have more complete knowledge of the games (if not my superior judgment!).

I've played them all. I'd rank them as:

Dragon Age: Origins
Batman: Arkham Asylum
--write in-- Dawn of Discovery/Anno 1404
--write in-- Plants vs Zombies
Left 4 Dead 2
Borderlands
Burnout Paradise
Prototype
Risen
Modern Warfare 2 (Sorry, this game just wasn't all that to me)
Aion (*Yawn*)

Last edited:
Probably the fact that it's fun helps.

I'd like to think this has something to do with it. It also has a great story, nice mechanics (though a few small improvements could be made here,) looks great (in motion more than any screenshots I've seen,) and the acting is good. The fact that it's been bug-free for me is also a plus. (at least so far) Yep, it's a good game...

Dirt 2. Great game as it keeps my attention for extended periods of time unlike most games this year. I love all the different modes in the game and p2p works very well with this game as the connections are not heavy enough for a dedicated server. The intergration with gfwl is nice, but I would rather have had steam community in the game. All in all I give it a solid 9 out of 10.

DA:O and Resident Evil 5 are at the top of the list for me. Borderlands and Red Faction: Guerilla would be my honorable mentions. I thought ARMA 2 was great too for pushing next gen graphics up another notch.

what on earth makes dragons age so damn good ? can someone explain ive seen some videos it doesnt look much like goty candidate if u ask me.

A lot of PC gamers like the return to basics gameplay. Given a game that is obviously developed for the PC primarily and the PC community will lap it up. If only more devs did the same, sadly this look like not to be the current trend. But, to answer - tried and tested gameplay and story pull most in.

Last edited:
A lot of PC gamers like the return to basics gameplay. Given a game that is obviously developed for the PC primarily and the PC community will lap it up. If only more devs did the same, sadly this look like not to be the current trend. But, to answer - tried and tested gameplay and story pull most in.
Well said.

borderlands was the only game i actually liked for more than 2 hours out of that entire list so i voted for that

Burnout Paradise was a long time coming on the PC
Not long enough to give it in-car views (hell, it doesn't even have side views except in chase cam), a rearview mirror, speedo, a menu system that doesn't suck, control configuration that isn't retarded, or even decent visuals. You can pretty much count the polys on the road when you go through a curve.

Not that it isn't fun; I still play the crap out of it. But it could've been so much better.

I guess i'm a year late ... Fallout 3 was my 2009 game of the year. ;-)

Same here.

I've changed (matured?) from a latest and greatest game consumer to waiting to see what real gamers recommend and play vs. anticipated games. It's saved me a bunch of money and end up enjoying playing games all the way through instead of becoming frustrated with the experience.

Burnout was great fun, but I can't justify giving a game with no real story GOTY. Trine was fun, but so short... more of an up-and-coming than a GOTY. I'm gonna have to vote for MW2 - not perfect, but pretty epic, SP was great (though short) and MP is fun, if different from CoD:MW. I haven't played DA:O yet.

Prototype... eew.

I voted for Risen. Mainly for the lack of leveled enemies, allowing for sweet revenge on the enemies that made the first half of the game so hard once I get the good weapons and armor. :D Dragon Age and Batman are right up there as well, however.

Back