What's your Windows 7 experience Score?

It seems if you dont have an SSD it will rate a regular drive to 5.9 if its fast, only higher if its an SSD

It seems if you dont have an SSD it will rate a regular drive to 5.9 if its fast, only higher if its an SSD

I have regular HDD's in Raid0 and am getting 6.1

wow derp

169ng3k.png

Haha! Eat it with your slow ass hard drives!

w7rtmscore.jpg

Just kidding. :D I cranked up my GPU just for the test, lol. This is on build 7600. This chart's missing the audio category. :(

Last edited:
I have a Caviar Black 1TB hdd, but it only scores a 5.9... :confused:

12GB DDR3 1333MHz and Xeon E5520 with hyperthreading enabled. (8 threads)

weiscorel.jpg

Rumors has it that the RTM is about 5-9% performance drop compared the the 7"""" RC1's.

I haven't tried out in performance but on a test rig, my win xp points went down by 1 for cpu and ram and graphics. Maybe the Retail might be slightly different.

Coulda fooled me. RTM feels speedier and more stable than RC1 on my setup.

I don't know yet, though maybe should've run the test more then once, but in my case, 6.0 RC1 - 5.9 RTM for cpu, ram and graphics is not a performance increase.

Intresting, my experience with my sig rig has been somewhat different. My scores have all gone up except hard disk from RC to RTM:

Windows%207%20Experience%20Sorce%201.jpg

No idea then. I guess I will actually fork out some money for Win 7 Retail when it comes out.

These scores can be fun to play w/, but I would never use them as the basis for a platform change. After using RTM for about 2 weeks, I can easily say that it's much less bumpy than RC1. Perhaps it's the drivers (most of my devices have had solid updates from RC1 to now) or the OS, but sleep has failed me 1 time out of 100 and it was my own fault. RC1 used to choke daily. Also, shares can now be accessed by other pc's wo/ the need for logging in, something RC1 didn't play nice w/.

MS had a lot to beta us w/ over the head in Vista, so it's no surprise 7's so polished. We got ME'd.

Rumors has it that the RTM is about 5-9% performance drop compared the the 7"""" RC1's.

I haven't tried out in performance but on a test rig, my win xp points went down by 1 for cpu and ram and graphics. Maybe the Retail might be slightly different.

RTM IS Retail. Just no packaging.

My video scores went up from RC to RTM, everything else is the same:

scoretuq.jpg

Jmac: Raid won't help you out. I was still getting 5.9 on my raid0 640AAKS drives.

460_perfinfo.jpg

A 150GB Raptor is pretty bad according to Win 7, seems fast enough to me, the system boots to login screen from end of POST in ~20 seconds, so I'm happy.

Last edited:
Why does my HD 4870X2 score so low compared to others?

mozscreenshot3.png

uLDvOVMuWinAWbgP1yxa3Q

Last edited:
GreenGoose,

What kind of storage system are you using?

7.1 is the highest I have seen so far. :D

What's your boot time (end of POST to login screen?)

I haven't timed it. It takes awhile to post though because of the Raid and I have an add on SATA card. I'm always the first to load on any game I'm playing.

I only have a pair of raptors in 0 and 7 RTM gives me 6.2. But from the time I tap my keyboard's space bar to the time my mouse can move around firefox and check Gmail's about 3-6 seconds. :D

EDIT: Went back to my V8700 Card and added a second one for some CrossFire PRO tests. So far so good!

windowsexperienceindex082809.gif

Last edited:
Nice score, sgrinavi. I wonder how your W3520 scores higher than my i7 965 though. Maybe it's because I disabled hyperthreading? (or are you overclocking and it doesn't show?)

Why would you disable hyperthreading? Going for a better OC?

Nah, because disabling HTT increases performance on things not heavily threaded, of which I don't have much. Was actually thinking about re-enabling it now that I have Windows 7, since there was some work done to enhance HTT performance/efficiency in Win 7.

Nah, because disabling HTT increases performance on things not heavily threaded, of which I don't have much. Was actually thinking about re-enabling it now that I have Windows 7, since there was some work done to enhance HTT performance/efficiency in Win 7.

But the gains are usually small aren't they? But with Windows 7 maybe even that's not an issue anymore. Would be intrested in seeing what you find out.

But the gains are usually small aren't they? But with Windows 7 maybe even that's not an issue anymore. Would be intrested in seeing what you find out.

Well there have been benchmarks around the net that show increases in speed for 1-4 threads with HTT off, and increases for 5+ threads with HTT on, I remember specifically techreport's i7 reviews show this. Anyway, I just enabled HyperThreading, and my cpu score went up to 7.5, but I'm still getting whooped by sgrinavi's W3520, so I dunno.

Well there have been benchmarks around the net that show increases in speed for 1-4 threads with HTT off, and increases for 5+ threads with HTT on, I remember specifically techreport's i7 reviews show this. Anyway, I just enabled HyperThreading, and my cpu score went up to 7.5, but I'm still getting whooped by sgrinavi's W3520, so I dunno.

His Xeon is overclocked pretty highly. At 3.2 on your i7 you're matching my QX9650 at 3.83.

Nice score, sgrinavi. I wonder how your W3520 scores higher than my i7 965 though. Maybe it's because I disabled hyperthreading? (or are you overclocking and it doesn't show?)

I have it clocked up to 4.0 where I keep it 24x7 HT enabled. I keep the voltage at near stock settings (1.2v) I have had it up to 4.4 without HT @ 1.3 volts.

All of this is on air with temps in a reasonable range.

EDIT - Add CPUz

CPUZ-08-28-09.jpg

Last edited:
Ah, good stuff. One day I'll grow a pair and OC this 965, but that'll have to wait until something actually makes it sweat, for now I'm fine.. Anyways, carry on. :)

Ah, good stuff. One day I'll grow a pair and OC this 965, but that'll have to wait until something actually makes it sweat, for now I'm fine.. Anyways, carry on. :)

Well send it here, I would love to have an unlocked multi...

OK, what's the deal here...I thought the WEI only bases its graphics score on the primary display adapter and doesn't account for SLI/CF? I noticed that my SLI'd 260s were scoring the same as a single card (7.1-7.3 depending on when I run it), which would seem to support that. But then I see heatlesssun get a 7.9 from his tri-SLI setup. Surely a 7.9 isn't possible if it's only counting a single GTX 280. There isn't that much difference between a 260 and a 280, especially not an overclocked 260 like the Black Edition which essentially performs on par with a 280.

An ATI 4850 scoring better than a 260, 280, and 285? :confused:

Actually, after looking at more indexes the scores are all over the place for similar hardware. And some cards that are obviously slower in games are scoring higher on the index (see above).

Also odd seeing someone with a GTX 280 score lower than a GTX 260...I think I'll be putting even less stock into the WEI than I did before. :D

Last edited:
Back