Wheels - the best thing I've ever done

Michael Daly

[H]ard|Gawd
This might seem silly, but the best thing I've ever done to a case is to add wheels. Caster wheels, specifically. After nearly breaking my back umpteen times over the years trying to lift mid- and tower cases from under desks, tables etc 'cause they can't be slid across a carpeted floor, the ease of moving a case with wheels is amazing.

Dumb little thing, but man does it make life easier. Less than $20 and they match my chair's wheels :cool:

I personally try to go for smaller cases, but I have to agree for those larger things. I bought a second (or third or fourth)-hand color laserjet 4550 last year--it weighs over 100lbs. So I bought a 2x2 and some casters, and made a little cart for it. It's one of the best $12 I've ever spent.

I hate the look of casters personally. I did use them on my Stacker STC-T01 because I had it on the floor. Makes all the difference in the world if you have to move the PC around alot. Of course I did because I was always working on it.

When I had my TT Armor on bare carpet I used an old piece of a deskmat (smooth side down) to slide my tower easily. No modding needed.

Back