When 8600's Release Dates?

ServerKing

[H]ard|Gawd
Was wondering when are these cards going to be released, I am looking forward to seeing how they are compared to the 7600 series now.

Was wondering when are these cards going to be released, I am looking forward to seeing how they are compared to the 7600 series now.

Well if the trend continues, it probably be as good as the 7900GTX, maybe a little less. The 7600GT is equalivent to a X850XT and 6800Ultra(which were the top dogs in that generation).

The more or less confirmed release date is April 17th. A 8600 GTS for example, should be more or less the same as a 7950 GT, in what performance is concerned. Given the new architecture, it should also handle games that are shader intensive, much better than the 7950 GT, in current games. Not to mention the superior IQ that G80 offers and DX10 support.

Im waiting for this too. Assuming the price isnt ridiculous I want to replace my 7950GT. I also hope the date isnt pushed back again - I recall it being something earlier.

It's not official ... but some shop already managed to sell one (or maybe some more) :eek:

Theres no info where they got it and how much they paid - i dunno, don't ask me.

The german review page "au-ja.de" has it, the news is so hot - they postet the pics and are currently working on the benches :

http://www.au-ja.de/review-club3d8600gts-1.phtml

First benches are up -

3DMark2006 v102: 4xAA + 8xAF

Club3D 8600GTS 256MB; Forceware 100.95 5204
ASUS EAX1950Pro 256MB; Catalyst 7.3 4162
MSI NX7900GT 256MB; Forceware 93.71 3991

That's impressive :eek: but let's wait for the game tests ...

hmm.... 3DMark2006 test was pretty good, 8600 did great there... ;) Now as to Fear benchies, looks like having 128bit memory really hurt it there... Still, not too bad of a result...

There is going to be a 512MB version of the 8600 GTS, right? I'm still in limbo if I should get the 8600 or the 8800 (640).

Yup, there is supposidly a 512 version. In fact, the guy in this post claims to have one in hand.

http://forum.donanimhaber.com/m_13340017/tm.htm

Honestly those frame rates for the games arent 'too' horrible. I have a feeling that this card is going to be left in the dust on a lot of new titles though.

Yup, there is supposidly a 512 version. In fact, the guy in this post claims to have one in hand.

http://forum.donanimhaber.com/m_13340017/tm.htm

Honestly those frame rates for the games arent 'too' horrible. I have a feeling that this card is going to be left in the dust on a lot of new titles though.

I would think the opposite - the 8600GTS should do better in new shader-heavy games vs old ones, compared to older cards I mean?

There is going to be a 512MB version of the 8600 GTS, right? I'm still in limbo if I should get the 8600 or the 8800 (640).

Depends on how much the card is. If the 512 MB version is like $250, it's too high.

I would think the opposite - the 8600GTS should do better in new shader-heavy games vs old ones, compared to older cards I mean?

Should, yes, but its also only at 128mb bus width.

It does overclock nicely though, I admit that. For someone like me it may be the perfect card. I only own a 15inch Trinitron CRT. :rolleyes: AA and high resolutions arent really necessary for my gaming experience.

Any idea on the power requirements?

Believed to be rated at around 71-74 watts, though heres a graph of it loaded that was just uploaded to the german review. It looks like it peaks around 190 watts, which isnt too bad.

http://translate.google.com/transla...&hl=de&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&prev=/language_tools

Thank god its quieter than a 7900GT too. I dont want a vacuum cleaner in my computer.

Edit: Those graphs are rated for the entire system, btw. Not sure if thats entirely clear by first glance.

If it is true then I don't think that particular title would be selling well. This card is suppose to be the mainstream 8 series. The developer would be shooting themselves in the foot if their game would only run on 500 dollar video cards.

The 17th is supposedly the official sell-on date AND the release of some new Vista drivers (WHQL...possible vsync adjustments active, too) as well.

does the 8600 requirer additional power
ie my 7600gs draws its power from the pci-e slot

does the 8600 requirer additional power
ie my 7600gs draws its power from the pci-e slot

Only the 8600 GTS. It requires 1 PCI-E power plug.

Apparently according to the listing wattage the power isnt necessary. Probably just there for overclocking requirements.

Soon™

They've been showing up in the display driver files recently. There seems to be a few more listed in the latest driver.

Jeez man, why is nvidia releasing ANY new model cards with the current state of their drivers STILL not ironed out 6 months after vista is released? These guys just keep tossing out more and more hardware and their software guys keep falling further and further behind. At this rate we won't see decent vista drivers for the 7xxx cards until some time next fall.

[Snip..] At this rate we won't see decent vista drivers for the 7xxx cards until some time next fall.

Try now

I don't have an 8 series card to test, so unsure of results. Nor do I have SLI to test, so again, unsure of the results. But, I've seen others say these are working, nearly as close as they should. Only way to find out, unless someone with the above would like to contribute to that thread, would be to try them yourself.

i got a set of pny 8600 gts from best buy on april 10 th 2007 nice cards except for drivers.only thing out there is beta drivers which do not allow you to use coolbits or enable your sli.waiting for the 17th to see if 100 series drivers are better equiped to get this done using 100.95 for xp 32 bit sucks though.been using it in 2142 and half life 2 good frame rates but sucks not being able to bench mark properly with good drivers and sli set up.

couple of etailers in the UK already have them in stock.

overclockers.co.uk even had them avalaible to buy for a day.

Back