When did 2007WFP start using HDCP?

BadDog

Weaksauce
I just got a Dell email promoting their monitors and the HDCP spec under the 2007WFP caught my eye. is this a new addition or did the 2007 have this all along? I can't ever remember seeing the 2007 advertised with HDCP.

I think all the 7's support HDCP. (1907FP, 2007WFP, 2407WFP, and 3007WFP)

Dan_D said:
Wow really? I never knew that. This is important information and it isn't advertised on the specs on their site...

Bona Fide said:
No, I believe it's only 20" and up. I could be wrong though.

You could be right. I know the 2407WFP and the 3007WFP definitely support it.

Dan_D said:
You could be right. I know the 2407WFP and the 3007WFP definitely support it.
Wow that's great news as I am really looking into the 2407WFP.

Do you guys know if these monitors have that kind of... glass looking coating on the screen? You know how some LCDs simply have the screen bare and others have this type of glass or plastic on top? What do the Dells have?

Also do you guys know if the screen can be rotated vertically and where the screen automatically picks it up n stuff? Not sure what that is called either.

Is it height adjustable too?

Thanks!

anti-glare coating (matte)

the stand is adjustable in everyway: height, swivel, pivot, tilt

picture does not automatically rotate

Dan_D said:

Far as I can tell they were never advertised to do so, only standard HD over DVI. I was kindda wondering if that is the explanation for the new panel codes in OSD because HDCP support was added.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

From what I've been able to find out, only the WIDE 7 series support HDCP.

A major reason I just ordered the 2007WFP instead of considering the 2007FP is because the FP's list nothing about supporting HDCP, whereas the WFP's do. I'm thinking there's some theory (on Dell's side) that HDCP isn't a biggie unless you're buying widescreen for movie playback.

Back