When is the X2 really going to be available?

Scoobydo

Limp Gawd
I've been waiting over a month for these to be "in stock."

Does anybody have any clue when the X2 is going to be released? I know they released a dozen of these chips to beat Intel to the punch in releasing Dual Core, but since then its been a dry well.

This is the first time I've ever had to wait on something to be in stock since I started buying computers. Theres always something new around the corner, but to release a dozen chips then stop shipping them is just insane.

If its going to be another month I might as well wait for R520, or go with Intel this time around.

dR.Jester said:
I want one I want one.......but Im too poor. :p

Soon the 3800+, 2ghz/512kb L2 per core, for $385, will be out. Then you can join the exclusive Manchester club :cool:

Scoobydo said:
I've been waiting over a month for these to be "in stock."

Does anybody have any clue when the X2 is going to be released? I know they released a dozen of these chips to beat Intel to the punch in releasing Dual Core, but since then its been a dry well.

This is the first time I've ever had to wait on something to be in stock since I started buying computers. Theres always something new around the corner, but to release a dozen chips then stop shipping them is just insane.

If its going to be another month I might as well wait for R520, or go with Intel this time around.

http://www.mwave.com/mwave/ViewProducts.hmx?PID=CPU-A64X2&updepts=CPU&DNAME=Processors+-+CPU :eek:

I forgot to mention I was looking for 4800. But Mwave seems to have that in stock. Thanks for the link Jason.

Scoobydo said:
I forgot to mention I was looking for 4800. But Mwave seems to have that in stock. Thanks for the link Jason.

No Problem, Mwave is awesome.. :D

Not to go off topic, but anyhoo.
I want to know when x2 will be available at budget OC pricing (<=200 bucks). I've got a sinking feeling 939 will never see x2's *this* cheap. It will take the next socket design and .65 die.

Ruiner said:
Not to go off topic, but anyhoo.
I want to know when x2 will be available at budget OC pricing (<=200 bucks). I've got a sinking feeling 939 will never see x2's *this* cheap. It will take the next socket design and .65 die.

$200 X2? Not on 939 for a brand new one. I can't see them going much below the X2 3800+ which will be $385. Prices have been stagnant for a while on AMD chips.

Can somebody link me to the place that says the X2 3800 is 385 because last I checked it was 345.

XSNiper said:
Can somebody link me to the place that says the X2 3800 is 385 because last I checked it was 345.

Ah, I heard $385. Either way it's a steal.

I am too poor, just bought the Canon Rebel XT and a lense :(.......And saving up for a wedding.....Guess I have to wait until Dec...

(cf)Eclipse said:
Umm... no..

the retail price is crossed out on that website, they know they are marking it up a bit. This shows the same markup. They are intended to be sold at the $345 according to digitimes..

Either way we're argueing over the color of the ketchup. This is an awesome processor with tremendous value for the dollar, no matter if it takes $345 of them or $366..

OK, For All You "You Didn't Look" People, Here's a Harder Question:

When are the retail 4400+'s going to be available? (preferably in the $600 range)

:D

bah, $600 is too much for a processor. wait till they are down to $200-$300.. anything more than that and you are just paying for status (and a little more speed)...

dekard said:
Either way we're argueing over the color of the ketchup
green :p

and you have a good argument, i'll go with $345, which is definitly a decent deal.. though i miss the days of ~$100 amd's

dekard said:
bah, $600 is too much for a processor. wait till they are down to $200-$300.. anything more than that and you are just paying for status (and a little more speed)...

I disagree. I've walked around my neighborhood and have yet to find anyone bow to me or treat me anymore special than if I were on the short bus.

I am waiting on the "I need to get home from Iraq first" Before I can get mine.

But they seem to be everywhere really. :) Newegg, Mwave, ZZF are the first places you should always go to. :) (Nnot in that order cuz the egg has been pissing me off) but you know ;)

kmeson said:
I disagree. I've walked around my neighborhood and have yet to find anyone bow to me or treat me anymore special than if I were on the short bus.
I suppose at the end of the day it really depends on how much money you have to spend on hobbies. There's nothing wrong with spending $600 or even $1k on a processor if you are going to enjoy it.

The price\performance ratio isn't there to justify the purchase. But sometimes the sweetest things in life can't be justified on paper.

kmeson said:

QFT.

The depreciation in cpus (and gpu's as well) is lightning fast. Is the top of the line chip 4 times as fast as one of the mainstream priced ones?

Would you buy a car that would be guaranteed to drop in value by half in a year? Or a house? Or a stock?

If you're running a company where the extra money spent on hardware translated into time saved, which meant real money saved/earned, then it makes sense.

If your're trying to boost your self esteem, whether in or out of the 'geek ghetto' by having a big e-penis, then you have some major problems.

Back