When the Cdrom rails stop. ( help )

topslop1

2[H]4U
I have an Aspire X Alien Green case. I'm moving the cdroms out and then I'm taking out the mobo and processor for a swap. Now I thought everything would have gone easy and simple but this is not quite the case. The cdrom will not move! I have tried pushing in the tabs and pulling it out. I have tried jostling it around and then pulling it out. I have tried hitting it on the backside while pulling it out. I have tried nearly 15 ways of removing this damn thing and it's a no go. The reason I need the cd rom out is becuase it overlays on my current motherboard. I can't sneak the mobo out with this sucker out of the computer. Please someone come up with something genius because I feel like a retard here...

push in the tabs and and push it out form the back while the tabs are pushed in

Sometimes they stick. :(
Get a set of hands to push in the tabs while you push, if that doesn't work use a screwdriver to apply pressure through the rail while making sure the tabs are pushed in.

Yeah I had the same problem with my X-Alien but it can be removed. I had my Nexus Fan controller stuck, do what iyienace says. If not I found it best to remove it as best as you can by pressing the tabs and pulling as hard as you can, then take a screwdriver(make sure you take the door off 1st, it helps a lot) and press one of the tabs really hard, by using its leverage. You should be able to push the tab in enough to remove it. While you are using the screwdriver in one hand, keep the other tab pressed and try to pull on the drive. Don't push from the inside unless you have another person. The drives get stuck either becuase the rails are slightly crooked or the tabs won't go far enough in to be pulled out. So remeber to use the screwdriver as leverage against the rolled part of the tab and use the case as more leverage if need be. Should work.

Back