When will 2005FPW be < 400?

Blakestr

[H]ard|Gawd
I just saw that I missed a coupon the other day...(It was like 385) I guess I am just gonna have to wait...but how long do you think it will be?

I was going to get a L90D+ because it was around 350, but if I could spend fifty bucks more and get widescreen sweetness? Ohhh sweet nectar.

But how long ? "The waiting is the hardest part..."

I got my 2005FPW in January ($550.00) and just love it. I was going to buy a Samsung 17inch LCD but decided to go for the dell & I would advice you to do the same.
Its well worth the wait for the right price. It seems to be going lower and lower every month.

I was one of the lucky ones that got a perfect panel, no dead pixels and no backlight issues.

good luck.

I got it 2 days ago for $480, then I came here and realised just a the day before when I was thinkning about getting it, it was only $300 something.

:mad:

but ohh-well. at its regular price, its still hell of a deal.

nancyboy said:
I got my 2005FPW in January ($550.00) and just love it. I was going to buy a Samsung 17inch LCD but decided to go for the dell & I would advice you to do the same.
Its well worth the wait for the right price. It seems to be going lower and lower every month.

I was one of the lucky ones that got a perfect panel, no dead pixels and no backlight issues.

good luck.

no backlight at all :eek:

damn, i hope i get this lucky when they ship mine tuesday. :(

I am going to wait till the end of the money and hope that by May it will go down relatively soon.

I might need a new video card too; 9800 Pro 128 leaves me wanting in some games at 1024, and I am going to have to raise the resolution (going to have to = I want to ) when I get my fpw2005. I'll let my cousin have it for 100, so any card I get will be that much cheaper.

Probably will go with 800XL or 800pro, seems to be best for money. Just wish I could use the PCI-e versions which seem to be $100 cheaper. Bastards.

I am in the same boat man, waiting for the next deal and waiting for my next paycheck

:(

Blakestr said:
I am going to wait till the end of the money and hope that by May it will go down relatively soon.

I might need a new video card too; 9800 Pro 128 leaves me wanting in some games at 1024, and I am going to have to raise the resolution (going to have to = I want to ) when I get my fpw2005. I'll let my cousin have it for 100, so any card I get will be that much cheaper.

Probably will go with 800XL or 800pro, seems to be best for money. Just wish I could use the PCI-e versions which seem to be $100 cheaper. Bastards.

The XL is much faster than the Pro version, and I have an XL. It's really nice and Pushed over 100fps in CoD:UO at 1280x1024 w/ 4xAA and 8xAF set in the ATi control panel. The CCC is really buggy for me and decides not to work occasionally, so just use the control panel.

you missed the boat, on friday it was $326........fatwallet and techbargains are your friend....I picked up the FP2001 on friday for $426...

Who are fatwallet and techbargains? A webiste that has cupon codes on them?? And, are they valid and stuff, do I need to buy anything from them?

Project_2501 said:
Who are fatwallet and techbargains? A webiste that has cupon codes on them?? And, are they valid and stuff, do I need to buy anything from them?

Yeah, they are coupon sites, and no you don't buy things from them, but only from the stores that the coupons are good for.

Well, obviously you need to buy the monitors, hehe. Okay, I'll have to look at those sites frequently to get cupons for the Dell 2005fpw. I only really need it to be around $450 to buy it. I gotta sell my dirtbike, then I'll have one of my own.

I'm probably going to jump on the next round of coupons too. I keep seeing them and forcing myself to wait, but i think its time.

Project_2501 said:
The XL is much faster than the Pro version, and I have an XL. It's really nice and Pushed over 100fps in CoD:UO at 1280x1024 w/ 4xAA and 8xAF set in the ATi control panel. The CCC is really buggy for me and decides not to work occasionally, so just use the control panel.

The XL is faster than the X800pro by 5 to 10 percent. Nothing to write home about. Buy the one you can get the best price on.

The Pro is usually about $20 cheaper for the PCI-e version, but I'd rather pay the 20 bucks and get 10 more fps for every hundred. That could really help (4 more pipelines) at 1680x1050.

Project_2501 said:
The Pro is usually about $20 cheaper for the PCI-e version, but I'd rather pay the 20 bucks and get 10 more fps for every hundred. That could really help (4 more pipelines) at 1680x1050.

Yeah I am sick about this PCI-e stuff. Last summer I got my gear up and it was all future proof (as well as anything can be...define "future proof, bleh) then I check back a few months and this new PCI-e that I need a whole new motherboard for. Bah.

A.G.P. is swell for me.
P.C.I. can friggin die!. (I only hate it because it's cheaper and I can't use it)

I just built a new computer, and used an NF4 DFI board for my build. PCI-e is very nice, and not always cheaper. X850XTPE's can actually be found at MSRP in the AGP flavor. However, PCI-e versions are still vaporware.

I got the 2005fpw for 411 shipped from Dell friday. Thats a price I havent seen beat. I had to pay tax in my state or I could have gotten it for around 380.

I woulda loved to have gotten the 2001FP for 410 shipped. :( but i paid 470$ damn tax.
wish more apps had widescreen resolutions. otherwise i woulda liked to have saved 60$ and got a widescreen lcd

damn I couldnt beleive they had a sell like that? under 400 bucks? WHAT!!!

:("""

anyone know of whats the sale now?

news flash the deal ends TONIGHT... i just found a coupan site that linked to dell's site it comes to $486.85 buckaroos. I am still trying to find it cheaper will let you know what I come up with.

go to this site and click ont he link 35 perdcent off dell monitor2005fpw

http://www.geti.com/deals/

only sad thing is that Ic ant watch widescreen since I got two sli 6600gts and on dells website it says it only supports 6800gts but they say it as agp support nothign for SLI support?

Back