Where can I find 3 pin fan splitter for 3 fans?

SuperTroye

Limp Gawd
I've got 3 fans on radiator and 3 fans in my case and I need to hook these two groups up to my fan controller. I thought I saw performancepcs.com had a Y splitter for 3 fans but now I can't find them. Does anyone know where to find them. I was hoping to not daisy-chain a bunch of wires together and go for a clean setup.

Thanks!

Not quite sure where you can find those, but check also your fan controller max. wattage for each channel (well, that was important last time I used one, a year ago) :p. I may be out of the loop though.

If you have enough 4 to 3 pin adapters (usually come with 3 pin fans) and a couple dead/old fans lying around, you can make your own...that's what I ended up doing when I couldn't find them premade...

54.jpg

Just be aware that with a splitter you're limited to 2-pins (power, ground), as the third connector is for sensor (fan speed), which only works when you hook up one fan, obviously.

Thanks all for your replies! I think I'm just gonna hack one together. Directron.com was a no-go.

Just be aware that with a splitter you're limited to 2-pins (power, ground), as the third connector is for sensor (fan speed), which only works when you hook up one fan, obviously.

It will be fine to have the sensor line for one of the fans if they are all the same model. Granted there will be slight variation for the other two but it's better than nothing.

It will be fine to have the sensor line for one of the fans if they are all the same model. Granted there will be slight variation for the other two but it's better than nothing.

Haven't tried it so I won't comment on it :) Usually the point of the RPM measuring is to know the speed of each individual fan, though.

If you have enough 4 to 3 pin adapters (usually come with 3 pin fans) and a couple dead/old fans lying around, you can make your own...that's what I ended up doing when I couldn't find them premade...

54.jpg

Here's one I found on performance-pcs.com made by Koolance. You would think since a triple rad is a fairly common setup that a 1 to 3 fan splitter would be in abundance. Oh well.

Haven't tried it so I won't comment on it :) Usually the point of the RPM measuring is to know the speed of each individual fan, though.

But when using a splitter on the same model of fans you can expect the rpm of one to be pretty close to the other two, even if they may be +- 50 rpm which is negligible from a fan control purpose. I got 3 fans in a staked config and they sound pretty uniform to me.

The other thing is the RPM tells you if the fan is even running or not...

But yea, it's something tou can do yourself if you just need power to a few fans...

But when using a splitter on the same model of fans you can expect the rpm of one to be pretty close to the other two, even if they may be +- 50 rpm which is negligible from a fan control purpose. I got 3 fans in a staked config and they sound pretty uniform to me.

Sure if they're all the same fans and none of them is malfunctioning or has failed, then it's pretty okay. Wouldn't want to use it for a failsafe solution, though :)

Back