Where can I find info on this WLAN card?

TechieSooner

Supreme [H]ardness
I've got a Dell Wireless N 1520 card in my notebook.

Basically I was wondering what kind of N this was, is it dual band or ..... ????

I cannot seem to be able to find ANYTHING online about this thing.

If it came with the laptop, look up your Service Tag at http://support.dell.com/ and find the card's Dell Part Number. Search for that rather than "Dell WLAN 1520" and you might have better luck. Since there's an Inspiron 1520 that comes with a WLAN card, you get a lot of useless links when searching for "1520".

Open the bottom door on the laptop to the wireless card and get the model number from the wireless card. Might also need the chipset id as well. With that info, I'm sure google will have something come up.

If it came with the laptop, look up your Service Tag at http://support.dell.com/ and find the card's Dell Part Number. Search for that rather than "Dell WLAN 1520" and you might have better luck. Since there's an Inspiron 1520 that comes with a WLAN card, you get a lot of useless links when searching for "1520".
The part# shows as KVCX1 but won't come up in the product search.

Open the bottom door on the laptop to the wireless card and get the model number from the wireless card. Might also need the chipset id as well. With that info, I'm sure google will have something come up.
Mine has no such door though. From the DeviceID I can tell Broadcom makes it, however I couldn't find anything on their website.

The part# shows as KVCX1 but won't come up in the product search.

Wow, nothing at all on Google except this thread. Crazy...

Mine has no such door though. From the DeviceID I can tell Broadcom makes it, however I couldn't find anything on their website.

A number of Dells have them under the keyboard. What model laptop? You should be able to find the manual for it by looking up your Service Tag, which will show how to get at the card.

Wow, nothing at all on Google except this thread. Crazy...

A number of Dells have them under the keyboard. What model laptop? You should be able to find the manual for it by looking up your Service Tag, which will show how to get at the card.

It's a Broadcom 4353... But again- nill on anything online. There's posts online of other folks using it but no product specs or anything of course.

I looked at my order number, it had an item# of 430-3603 on the part but again, no results.

It's like this freaking thing don't exist...

Back