Where can I find the 8800GTS for the best price.

RangerXML

Supreme [H]ardness
OK, kinda a vague question and normally I'm pretty good at finding good prices, but I've been reading some stuff that suggest that I could find this card cheaper then I've been able to track. Manly based on comments I've seen in 8600GTS discussion, claiming that they could get the 8800 GTS 320MB for $250 MIR. Cheapest I've seen are the eVGA and PNY versions for about $260 MIR, plus shipping and tax (maybe the Paypal thing still works) at the Egg. Ebay seems to be strangely overpriced. If anyone could be so kind as to help me out, I'm on a pretty tight budged.

PS will the prices maybe drop a bit more after the R600s out State side.

Try searching Froogle and PriceGrabber for the best price. Froogle will find you eBay sellers as well.

And double check ratings with resellerratings (or any other related sites). I wouldn't touch any e-bay sellers if I were you - if you care about keeping the factory warranty that is. And if it were me, I'd concentrate on eVGA cards (edit - for their "Step Up" program), since the G81 refresh stands a pretty good chance of being released within the 90 day time frame. You'd pay MSRP-your orig cost, but at least you'd be able to upgrade easily, and not worry about resale value.

Just get the EVGA for $259.99 after MIR (plus shipping)... For like $10 more (if you can even find it for $250), you can get it from Newegg, the most reliable and trusted E-tailer

Newegg is almost always the cheapest place to buy mid-high end video cards.

I've seen Clubit beating Newegg recently in prices. Anyone use Clubit? It looks like a decent site.

Yes, I ordered from them once recently and the process went smoothly. I still prefer newegg.com, however.

Check out buy.com, they have the PNY for $260-$20MIR

You can also do google checkout to get an extra $10

or

You can use a $15 off coupon for new customers

I hope I can sell my copy of Vista Business by Friday, then I get paid and I should have just enough left over after rent to get it. PNYs' not that bad, would of preferred eVGA or XFX, I just hope there not sold out by the time my paycheck clears.

The mail in rebate will be expired by the time these cards are back in stock and shipped.

The mail in rebate will be expired by the time these cards are back in stock and shipped.

MIR works off purchase date, so shipping doesn't matter.

Also, many rebates end, and then another starts right after.

Back